Are you going to reach platinum this year?

I'm just wondering how many of us there are that are taking an extra cruise or two to reach platinum by end of the year.

Really enjoyed FTTF on the Dream in January, would be nice to get the perks automatically. My favorite benefit, getting room early, is a nice perk that is new to platinums on FTTF ships.

I'm just wondering how many of us there are that are taking an extra cruise or two to reach platinum by end of the year.

Really enjoyed FTTF on the Dream in January, would be nice to get the perks automatically. My favorite benefit, getting room early, is a nice perk that is new to platinums on FTTF ships.

Yes, we did. We took a B2B (14 days) this past January. Lucky for us, they gave us Platinum on our 9th cruise because of doing B2B. However, FTTF was not yet available on Freedom so we didn't get to go to our cabin before 1:30. I know some people sneak in to drop off their luggage. However, we obey the rules.

We enjoyed B2B so much that we're going to do another one January 2014. It's also 14 days.

It sure will be hard to go back to a regular 7 or 8 day cruise.

Even after our 10 cruises - 2 6-day + 4 7-day + 4 8-day, we're still only at 72 days. If we had not taken 2 cruises this year, we would have had to wait till #11 to become platinum.

I hadn't planned on it. I booked my mother and I on a cruise in September, what would have been my 9th cruise. That was supposed to be my only cruise this year. But, a couple weeks ago, the pricing for a Canada/New England in June was too tempting to pass up, so I'm doing that solo next month, so I'll end up platinum in time for the September cruise.

I became Platinum back in April and DH will become Platinum in October. Love the perks.

We just sailed #8 and #9 on a Victory b2b. It was great. Number 10, the biggee is set for

Nov. 16, 2013. Platinum on the Conquest. What a great excuse to cruise 3 times in 2013.

Anyone come up with a good excuse for 2014?:)!

We booked one extra this year to reach platinum this year too.. of course after we had already splurged on the Breeze we found out about the 10 to Platinum so what the heck- booked the Dream too coming up in few days.

Can't wait for both. My 10 yr old is becoming a cruise snob and only wants newer boats and min 6 days now too--lol..

We were going to skip a big vacation this year with our oldest DS going to college in the fall.

Then once we realized the boys were at 9 and needed to cruise before the end of the year to be Platinum we booked. Pretty good excuse I think!! So, one last family cruise before we hit the poor house. This will be our 14th and the boys 10th. My little one, will have to earn her Platinum status the hard way, as this will ONLY be her 8th. But at 8 years old, she has plenty of time to earn it!

Catrin

Archived