Are you going to reach platinum this year?

We have been Platinum for a long time with 120 days at sea. Unfortunately the last 2 cruise, we were with the crowds - all Platinum. There were only a few new cruisers and we were swapped with Platinum people and everyone in their cabin. they closed the VIP lounge and sent us back down to the regular line where there was seats.

When I complained they said this was Carnival's intention, get people to book a lot and make everyone "Platinum" and now it means nothing because everyone else is platinum. 1000's of people so what is so special about it?

We have been Platinum for a long time with 120 days at sea. Unfortunately the last 2 cruise, we were with the crowds - all Platinum. There were only a few new cruisers and we were swapped with Platinum people and everyone in their cabin. they closed the VIP lounge and sent us back down to the regular line where there was seats.

When I complained they said this was Carnival's intention, get people to book a lot and make everyone "Platinum" and now it means nothing because everyone else is platinum. 1000's of people so what is so special about it?

1,000's of people on one cruise were platinum ? Wow. And if that was there intention, why change the program to make it harder to obtain ?

I just thought of something REALLLYY INSANELLYYY STUPID...

What if you caught a super cheap deal like $120 for a cabin for 3 cruises but could only get time to do one of the three...WOULD YOU DO IT to make platinum?

Yeah I know waste of money but still would you do it?

Yes, that is what we will be doing. We love cruising. Normally we do 5 day or longer.

Who or where did you contact? I just sailed on the Fantasy on the 13th of May and it would have been may 11th if they had all my records:eek:

I quess this weekend will be looking for old cruise pictures. THANKS FOR THE INFO.

Just contact customer service and they will tell you where to mail the photos or cruise docs to. You can also submit a copy of your S&S card or booking number....

I just thought of something REALLLYY INSANELLYYY STUPID...

What if you caught a super cheap deal like $120 for a cabin for 3 cruises but could only get time to do one of the three...WOULD YOU DO IT to make platinum?

Yeah I know waste of money but still would you do it?

B2B cruises are really just single cruises strung together. You don't get credit for the cruise until you are officially checked in for the cruise. So if you're suggesting that you book 3 and only actually take 1 you will only get credit for 1.....you don't checkin for the 2nd or 3rd cruise until debarkation morning of your current cruise.

As for overcrowding in the Platinum lounge.....the only time we've had trouble with that is on Bloggers cruises....they typically have 600+ Platinum/Diamond cruisers on them....on my last cruise on the Conquest they told us that there were 168 Platinum guests and 2 Diamond guests....

But I do see a lot more Platinum cards that I use to...I've been Platinum since 2007 and it use to be a big deal when the crew recognized you as Platinum....now they don't even pay attention.......we'll see how they react to my Diamond card on our next cruise.

Yes, that is what we will be doing. We love cruising. Normally we do 5 day or longer.

Not sure you read that post right, but maybe you did. Or heck maybe I didn't. You would pay for 3 cruises, but only take one of them ? You might do it but it wouldn't do you any good.

Just contact customer service and they will tell you where to mail the photos or cruise docs to. You can also submit a copy of your S&S card or booking number....

B2B cruises are really just single cruises strung together. You don't get credit for the cruise until you are officially checked in for the cruise. So if you're suggesting that you book 3 and only actually take 1 you will only get credit for 1.....you don't checkin for the 2nd or 3rd cruise until debarkation morning of your current cruise.

As for overcrowding in the Platinum lounge.....the only time we've had trouble with that is on Bloggers cruises....they typically have 600+ Platinum/Diamond cruisers on them....on my last cruise on the Conquest they told us that there were 168 Platinum guests and 2 Diamond guests....

But I do see a lot more Platinum cards that I use to...I've been Platinum since 2007 and it use to be a big deal when the crew recognized you as Platinum....now they don't even pay attention.......we'll see how they react to my Diamond card on our next cruise.

Congratulations on diamond, but how do you expect them to act ?

I needed 5 and DW needs 3 to make it by the end of the year but they are all booked. Nice to live in Florida and not have the expense of airfare...

I agree living in FL would be nice for cruises, but sometimes travel costs aren't as much as you might think. Last time I flew to Tampa it cost me $100 round trip. I'm flying to Tampa again in November, but don't have flights yet.

Just printed my boarding pass for our August cruise and I will be officially Diamond! Took long enough - first Carnival cruise on the Carnivale was in 1987. I made platinum 8 years ago when they first started the "Concierge Club". That first cruise there were no perks - only the silver Sail and Sign card and the crew had no idea what it was.

This is why Carnival changed it to cruise days and not cruises.

And if they wanted it to be a fair program they would use a point system based on your cabin selection or price per person. :rolleyes:

But I'm definitely not complaining about the old system or the much "fairer(?)" new system... Booked #9 & #10 on the Elation for Halloween!

I don't cruise for the perks but the lovely DW thought we should shoot for platinum and who am I to argue with her? :D

Cheers!

I'm just wondering how many of us there are that are taking an extra cruise or two to reach platinum by end of the year.

Really enjoyed FTTF on the Dream in January, would be nice to get the perks automatically. My favorite benefit, getting room early, is a nice perk that is new to platinums on FTTF ships.

I've been Platinum for about 7 years now and I have to admit that I get a chuckle at all the folks that are booking 2-3 cruises this year and spending THOUSANDS of dollars just so they can board the ship a little earlier than everyone else.

Being Platinum now is nothing like it used to be, it used to really mean something but now there are so many that being platinum is the norm.

My advice is for $50 just get the FTTF package and that covers everyone in your stateroom.

JMHO

And if they wanted it to be a fair program they would use a point system based on your cabin selection or price per person. :rolleyes:

But I'm definitely not complaining about the old system or the much "fairer(?)" new system... Booked #9 & #10 on the Elation for Halloween!

I don't cruise for the perks but the lovely DW thought we should shoot for platinum and who am I to argue with her? :D

Cheers!

Royal Caribbean does it as a combination of price and days. If you book a JS or above you get double credits. So a 7 night cruise in a suite gets you 14 days credit toward your Crown and Anchor. We'll be Diamond on RCI on our next cruise (after only 6 cruises) because we book a Grand Suite everytime we sail RCI. The points add up quickly that way.

We usually book a suite on Carnival too, but just for the larger cabin and balcony, since there are no perks with a suite other than priority embarkation and debarkation, which we already get because we are Platinum/Diamond. It would be nice if they gave double days for booking the suites.

Not sure you read that post right, but maybe you did. Or heck maybe I didn't. You would pay for 3 cruises, but only take one of them ? You might do it but it wouldn't do you any good.

Your right :o I read that one wrong.... If we are paying we are cruising :D

I'm just wondering how many of us there are that are taking an extra cruise or two to reach platinum by end of the year.

Really enjoyed FTTF on the Dream in January, would be nice to get the perks automatically. My favorite benefit, getting room early, is a nice perk that is new to platinums on FTTF ships.

I will make platinum this year if Carnival does not charter any more of my bookings out from under me.

• 1 month later...

ok, so how sad is this. i am trying to get to mine before the end of the year. we are going to do a b2b2b in oct, a 3-2-4 and in dec do a 2-5 into the new year, and that will put us there. We need five, am I the only one who has this hard of a hill to climb and am I crazy?:confused:

We are soon to be on our first B2B cruise, and we will become Platinum on the Victory..ironically it was our very first cruise on Carnival(first cruise ever) back in 2001. So we are coming full circle on her and we will become Platinum. We are also celebrating our 27th anniversary. We are very excited to be sailing as a couple without our two boys this time. It will be very special for us. We have enjoyed many cruises as a family, but only 2 with out the kids(now older teenagers). We have so many wonderful memories, and can't wait to create more with Carnival.

Archived