Are you going to reach platinum this year?

Yep, we booked a four day in September for our 21st anniversary just to get platinum. Verified eligibility on our spring break cruise on the Freedom. Being only an hour from the port helps by eliminating the travel time allowing us to take one day of vacation, adjust our schedule and get to platinum level by the end of the year. Interesting, no one has started a thread for our cruise on the Paradise board.?.

We have been taking 2 a year but with 4 weeks vacation anyway, this seemed like a good excuse to take 2 extra cruises. I have a short one booked in Oct and then platinum in December.

This is why Carnival changed it to cruise days and not cruises.

I think this is a smart move for corporate and am just appreciative that they gave everyone a fair chance to make platinum under the old standards until the end of 2013.

I also used a couple short cruises to make it to 10 but after counting days I'll be up to total of 62 total so I will be about a 2 cruises ahead of those making it the new way with 75 days and feel blessed that I've been able to cruise as much as I have.

I'll be on my 10th this September! I would have booked this cruise regardless of the change in policy. I didn't "sneak" in any extra cruises to get the status. I think I'm most looking forward to bypassing the huge lines on embarkation day!

My 7 year old will be platinum when we sail in August, one month before his 8th birthday. We had initially just booked a quick 4 day on the Triumph to get him his 10th, but that idea didn't work out so well. :rolleyes: So another 7 day family vacation it is! I'll gladly take the extra 3 days at sea. Someday they'll come in handy when I get close to diamond - in 5-6 years or so. :(

Meredith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This is why Carnival changed it to cruise days and not cruises.

Yes...but considering my airfare was three times as much as the cruise, I am flying across the country to do it, and I would have been close at 70 nights anyway I don't feel bad at all sliding under the wire. I just moved up the inevitable.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived