Inside cabin with french doors

mgonagl

Can anyone tell me how they liked the inside cabin with the french doors on the Pride or other Spirit class ships. Do they open? Bigger then a window? Does one cabin have a better view then the others with only a view of the life boats. Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

We liked them. It was definitely worth it for us. The French Doors are significantly larger than a picture window. The doors do open, inward. There is a railing to prevent you from going outside, and there is no balcony out there. But you can lean outside and get some fresh air & sunlight. The room itself is larger than a standard interior as well, as the room is a true 185 sq.ft. Since we had 3 in the room, that alone made it worth the extra cost. The big door & fresh air was a nice bonus.

Most rooms will only see a lifeboat, a few feet out from the door. There are a few rooms that are between lifeboats, all of which sleep only 2 people. We had 4130, which only saw a lifeboat and a large beam. A few rooms that I know of that are between lifeboats to give a little bit of a view are 4132, 4133, 4140, 4141, 4148, 4149. There is a pattern to those, that can be seen on the deck plans. In the other spots, it's harder to determine.

Edited by k2excursion

Here is a shot of our room on Pride. We were upgraded from a true interior, so we did not get to pick the cabin. You can see there is not much of a view but you get some natural light and you can look out and down and see water.The doors open and no the A/C does not turn off when the doors are open.

PRIDE080-vi.jpg

Now on Legend, i intentionally booked the French Door room because i really liked the cabin on Pride, but this time i picked a cabin that appeared to be between lifeboats.

Legend

DSC00291-vi.jpg

DSC00618-vi.jpg

DSC00619-vi.jpg

DSC00621-vi.jpg

So when you pick your cabin, choose one like 4111, that is between 2 life boats, for example....

ScreenShot-vi.jpg

I had booked an inside guarantee on the Legend and ended up with one of these with just the life boat view (actually, my kids ended up in one of these). It was their first cruise, and they liked that they could open the doors and get some fresh air (an issued with smelly feet in the cabin!).

We have family that will NEVER cruise Carnival again because their "obstructed view" cabin had a lifeboat outside the doors. :confused: Ummm HELLO, what part of obstructed view don't you understand?? They even went to guest services to complain thinking they would get a different cabin. (Glad we weren't along)

For the price, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Have a pic of the view from 4114??:p

Try looking at cruise line rooms dot com (all one word), and check on all 4 spirit class ships (Spirit, Pride, Legend & Miracle). There should be one in there somewhere ! Check 4115 too, just opposite side of the ship, however the same view.

LOVE these 4K's...we have been in 4140 twice (both on Miracle), and have booked it again (on Miracle) for our upcoming Hawaiian cruise next April.

It's laid out exactly the same as a balcony room (185sq.ft), just no balcony.

The crew can be working out there so heads up :)

One afternoon after getting back to the ship I went back to the room for a nap and this is what was happening. Interesting to watch. Cabin 4145. We paid for an inside and got upgraded and we really liked it.

https://plus.google.com/photos/110640500519293860568/albums/5813650539769568865/5813650546099790402

Edited by nieciez

I had to go back and read my Legend review from 9/12-cabin 4197. All previous reviews of this cabin, was that it had a straight shot view. It did not. But I loved the fact that we could open the door, hang our head out and look down to see the harbor pilots board and unboard. I did remark in my review that it was a great cabin because of location, no noise, near the elvators, and stairs to the dining room. We figured that since the only time we were in the cabin was to sleep and change clothes, we could save money and not get a balcony. We are smokers and the only place to smoke was the balcony or up on the Lido deck, and the music was always way too loud on the lido deck-and I think my DH would have loved reconsidering getting a balcony in hind sight, but for the price? I would do it again in a heart beat, we need to quit smoking anyway.;)

IMO, 4-K cabins, aboard the Spirit Class ships, are the best bargain on the high seas! (Don't tell anyone else, or the price will go up,,,AGAIN!) :eek: Yep, they used to be the same price as a regular inside 4-A cabin. ;)

"SKY"

These are great cabins! My wife and booked them on our 3 Miracle cruises.

Here is the view from cabin number 4148:

30dihec.jpg

Thanks so much for this pic of 4148...just booked it for Miracle cruise to HI next spring, and glad to see it has good view :)

Can anyone tell me how they liked the inside cabin with the french doors on the Pride or other Spirit class ships. Do they open? Bigger then a window? Does one cabin have a better view then the others with only a view of the life boats. Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

LOVED them! If all ships had these cabins I'd book them every time! We booked cabin 4040 on the Miracle and again on the Pride. It offers a small view between the lifeboats. The biggest reason that I like these cabins is that they are the same interior size as a balcony cabin but priced as an interior :)

We liked them. It was definitely worth it for us. The French Doors are significantly larger than a picture window. The doors do open, inward. There is a railing to prevent you from going outside, and there is no balcony out there. But you can lean outside and get some fresh air & sunlight. The room itself is larger than a standard interior as well, as the room is a true 185 sq.ft. Since we had 3 in the room, that alone made it worth the extra cost. The big door & fresh air was a nice bonus.

Most rooms will only see a lifeboat, a few feet out from the door. There are a few rooms that are between lifeboats, all of which sleep only 2 people. We had 4130, which only saw a lifeboat and a large beam. A few rooms that I know of that are between lifeboats to give a little bit of a view are 4132, 4133, 4140, 4141, 4148, 4149. There is a pattern to those, that can be seen on the deck plans. In the other spots, it's harder to determine.

Is that a noisy room?

Is that a noisy room?

You should check the deck plans as some of the 4K cabins are over the piano lounge on deck 3. We never heard a peep but everyone is different. I love the 4-k cabins. The particular cabin you are asking about, 4130, is over the Fun Shop which only gets noisy during the $10 watch sale. ;)

Edited by sanmarcosman

You should check the deck plans as some of the 4K cabins are over the piano lounge on deck 3. We never heard a peep but everyone is different. I love the 4-k cabins. The particular cabin you are asking about, 4130, is over the Fun Shop which only gets noisy during the $10 watch sale. ;)

Don't really want to go any lower than Deck 4 (coming from our current reservation that is on Deck 6).. and the noise from the $10 watch sale is during the day isn't it, so I don't think it'll be an issue cause my butt better be in the Sunshine then!! :)

These are great cabins! My wife and booked them on our 3 Miracle cruises.

Here is the view from cabin number 4148:

30dihec.jpg

Thanks so much for this pic of 4148...just booked it for Miracle cruise to HI next spring, and glad to see it has good view :)

No problem! Have a great cruise!