Thursday 5-16-13 Weigh-In All Welcome to Join the Fun

Good Morning Everyone. I still don't know where Belle is, so I'll start this weigh-in thread today.

For anyone new that is just reading ... this is a place once per week (Thursday) that all are welcome to post their weight loss change for the week. Sometimes we have gains, sometimes losses, sometimes stay the same ... This Thursday thread has been around since the very beginning of "lose before you cruise"

Hope everyone had a good week. Jan

Hi Jan and everyone that follows

I am down 2.6 lbs although I do not consider it a great loss. I had a tooth pulled and a bone graph put in on Monday and I cant eat anything but soft foods and not enough of it. So it starvation loss not healthy loss. But for now I will just take it and smile as I cruise in 2 weeks and im sure to put that back on then.

Hope everyone has a great week

I weighed myself this morning and am down 2.2# this week for a total of 26 pounds (lost them before too!) .. I'm happy that I'm losing. I have either 3.3# to go or 19.3# ...

deladypilot - I'd take the loss - hope your mouth feels better soon. Jan

Jan and Kathy...good losses. Sorry about your tooth, Kathy. I hope that you are feeling better soon.

I am down 3.5lbs. DH has been away on a business trip, so I have been eating Lean Cuisines for dinner. Tomorrow, I leave for a quick trip to Florida to see my little granddaughter. So, a lot of eating out. I hope that I don't come back having gained all the weight back again.

I am really concerned about Belle. I hope that she and her family are all okay.

Rose

Good Morning,

I stayed the same. Can't seem to shake the 2 lbs. I gained on vacation 3 weeks ago. Must try harder.

You ladies all had great losses. Yeah.

Kathy, hope the mouth is better soon. I know what you're going through.

Rose, have a great time in FL.

Wishing everyone a good week. Diana

My first time posting on this thread but here goes. I am holding steady with no gain or loss since last Thursday, however I had a totally awesome moment the other day when I realized I could pull my favorite jeans up or down without unfastening them (no elastic there either). Inches are melting even if scale isn't moving.:)

Carla

Looks like some great losses this week.

I too am worried about Belle. Hope all is well with her. Maybe her computer crashed. Who knows. Hopefully she will show up soon and say hello

Carla - Welcome to the group. Congrats on the NSV this week. That is awesome. I see you are a member of MFP - You can friend request me if you wish. I am deladypilot there as well

Take care everyone

Just saw this thread and sure do hope it is OK to just jump in here with you folks. My name is Lynn and I am 62-recently retired special ed teacher. I am totally enjoying my retirement but have put on some pounds that I would like to get rid of before my cruise in October. I just started this past week really getting on track with my workouts and nutrition-so I would love to have a place where I could keep track of my weight loss. Weighed in Tuesday at 179-so I will hold off on my weigh in until next Thursday and hope I am down at least a couple. I look forward to getting to know you all!

Due to many "things"...

mainly a computer not WORKING....

I haven't been able to post.

Had it check, worked awhile..then out again.

Bought a new modem..didn't work.

They had to come in and put all

new wires/cable. Old house!

Had to pick a date was hard between mother

(having some bad days) and dealing with

husband, Finally did pick a day.. yesterday and

now it's fixed! I hope!

We sure get addicted to our computers! LOL

Thanks Jan for posting weigh-in days.

Sounds like your doing great in weight loss.

In fact sounds like your all doing GREAT! Keep

it up. I've stayed the same but feels like I gained.

Eating wrong foods. Stress is to much sometimes

for me. Need to handle it better and eat right and lose.

Good to be back. Missed you all.

For worring about me.

Your all so nice for caring.

Some days aren't great but

getting thru. Really missed the

computer and not seeing/talking

to you all.

Hope you all having a good weekend.

Belle - Welcome back. Glad to hear you are making it through. Many prayers for your family.

Well I have been plotting out my next 2 weeks before my cruise and I realized I have 2 parties to attend this week. Yikes, not good for the weight control issue but I will do my best to stay in control.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend

Belle - I'm so relieved that the problem was only computer issues (although its not fun) ... Glad that you are back, you were very much missed. Its difficult when the only contact is though this website ....if you ever want any other information just yell, I'll be glad to give you other ways to contact. Sounds as if even though there are days that your family is doing as well as can be expected! Hugs ... I will continue to keep you and your family in your thoughts and prayers. :)

Kathy - 2 parties? good luck, but you have done so well I bet you do stay in control ... have you made plans on what you will do on the cruise to not gain any (much) weight?

Oops it posted before I was done ... Hope all have a wonderful week. Jan

Computer keeps going off and on!

So if you don't hear from me.

Times are trying with illness but

what can you do but yell at times!

At husband and computer! LOL

(really try not to yell at husband but want to)

My mother I just deal with it. Now there changing

her insurance..see what paper work is to be done.

Hate forms!

Jan how is your MIL?

PS Hope this goes thru!

HI all!

Nice to see some new people, welcome!:D Glad to see you back Belle & know the problem was the computer.

I just got home from my cruise last night so won't be weighing in until Thursday. My luggage gained 13 lbs so I'm hoping for less than that, lol!:rolleyes:

Take care & see you Thursday!

~ Jo ~ :)

Hello!

I have been on some of these WW boards before, and here I am again!

We have a cruise in 20 weeks, which is awesome! But I have recently gained a lot of weight due to inactivity and medication I have been taking for arthritis and fibromyalgia. So I stopped the medication because the extra weight is bad for my knees anyway, vicious cycle. Any way, I am feeling pretty good, have been exercising and started back on WW too. I am doing Simply Filling instead of counting points.

So I'll be around, have a great evening!

Diana

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Hello, everyone. I am back from Florida. Welcome to all the new people. Belle, I am so glad that you are okay. You had us worried for a while!

I think that I did really good while I was away. I ate small portions, drank a lot of water (no alcohol) and only ate one bite of my granddaughter's desserts at night. Hopefully, I will have a good weigh-in on Thursday.

Rose

So glad to see this board busy other than on Thursdays. It makes it a lot more fun.

Jo - Welcome back. Maybe the luggage got all of the weight and you didn't get anything. I will be the same way and wait until the next Thursday to weigh in. Give me an opportunity to at least flush out extra sodium and get back on it for a few days.

Diana - Welcome to the group. It really does help to post here. Keeps you accountable

Nyer - Welcome back. Hope your trip went well

Jan - I have been mentally rehearsing for the last week. We only have one specialty restaurant booked so that we can celebrate our 25th Anniversary but the rest of the week I will just watch what I order. If we go to the buffet (which we probably will often), I am pretty good about just putting a tbls spoon of everything I want on my plate and go back if im still hungry. I do plan to enjoy and not worry to much about it. Over the last week because of my dental surgery I have actually lost another 4 lbs. I know it is not the best way to lose but I figure it gives me a buffer while im on the trip.

Hope everyone has a great week

Kathy

My computer seems to be refreshing, so if I don't keep my posts short I keep losing them.

Belle - My MIL is doing very well ... she is still in assisted living (they thought she might have to go to long term care), but she seems to be improving a little bit ... the dementia is still a problem though. She has moved into a smaller apartment that is closer to the front desk so that they can hear her. She was always the quietest person ... now she is very vocal and it can be interesting at times, but we are pleased with how she is doing. Jan

Jo - I once managed to gain over 15 pounds on one 7 day cruise, still don't know how that happened.

I so much want to hear about your cruise, did you like the ship? Did it seem big/small after the allure, how was it going out of the east coast? How was the port? Love Bermuda myself, how were the activities? what did you like/dislike about the cruise - would you go on it again ... etc. etc. etc. Jan

Archived