Curiosity Question: Filling the Penthouses if unbooked

LAKaye

I just looked at the June 2nd sailing of the Summit to Bermuda, and I see that the two Penthouse Suites are available for purchase.

In the event that no one comes along last minute to book and pay for these accommodations, how does the company fill them? Do they ever go unoccupied?

Thank you~~

L

We were in one of the Penthouses on Azamara Quest [while they were still part of Celebrity] and a friend attended the two bingo sessions they held for PHs. He calculated the money taken from the price of the tickets and the number of people taking part. The ship made more for each PH from the bingo than we had paid for the suite and this was a 24-night cruise!

Sue

Not sure what celebrity do but on an NCL cruise we met a couple who had booked a balcony cabin and been upgraded to the piano suite. We went to have a look around! Very nice. And , yes, it did have a piano, nearly full size which played electronically.

Well thank you All :)

I never would have guessed about the Bingo or about the revenue generated by such a thing. Our best guess was if they were not sold by sailing time, an upgrade would be given to the organizer of a large group on board or a thank you to a couple with a gazillion Celebrity cruises under their belts.

So Bingo it might be for us ;)

L

Not a Celebrity answer, because on our bookings the 2 x PH have always been booked well in advance.

But on Cunard last year I got a call from our TA two weeks before sailing asking if we wanted to trade our late-booked, low-price, guarantee suite, already upgraded to quite a good grade. The price was £1000 to go to the monster Q1 - best deal I ever did.

Once on board, we got speaking over the rail to a chap who had had the same phone call, same day, same travel agent. Turns out, he lives about 2 miles from me.

Archived