ENCHANTMENT - Panoramic Oceanview Cabin

We're doing Panama Canal (15days) on Legend in a Panoramic room in 2015. It's approximately $4000 more for a balcony! :eek:

WOW!!!! :eek:

It would appear that your Panoramic window will serve you well, in light of the cost of a balcony cabin at THOSE prices. Please tell us about your cruise when you return; I'd love to hear about it! :)

I spent 9 nights on EN in cabin # 7600 and enjoyed every minute. The

room had a fridge and a safe that allowed me to use my own code. I'm

not sure about noise from the centrum, since I stayed out late almost

every night. The one night I went to bed early, I don't recall hearing any

noises.

Glad to hear you enjoyed cabin 8600.

I would definitely stay in a POV cabin again.

Happy to know that your sentiments are same as mine. It's a great room.

I think it depends on the cruise. Enchantment June 3, 2013 the Panoramic cabin is $489 and the cheapest balcony is $659 (reduced from $749 about a week ago). This is the 4 day.

With the diamond discount its better with the balcony

I think it depends on the cruise. Enchantment June 3, 2013 the Panoramic cabin is $489 and the cheapest balcony is $659 (reduced from $749 about a week ago). This is the 4 day.

With the diamond discount its better with the balcony

The diamond discount would bring the balcony down to $609 per person.

That is still $120 more per person for a balcony over the panoramic oceanview.

Exactly. And I think $120 is worth a balcony.

I would usually agree with you because I always want a balcony, but this is only a 4 day and the Diamond balcony is discount is only $100 (inside 6 months). It came to an extra $340 for two people.

Taking this cruise on the 5th of July. Thanks for all the info that room is very nice!! Thanks for the pics!! I have ocean view room still not assigned almost 2 weeks later but I don't see us in the room much so it's all good. This is my first cruise and I'm very excited. Going to hope the staff is better but I'm always smiling no matter what so I'm sure they will warm up to me!! Lol

Taking this cruise on the 5th of July. Thanks for all the info that room is very nice!! Thanks for the pics!! I have ocean view room still not assigned almost 2 weeks later but I don't see us in the room much so it's all good. This is my first cruise and I'm very excited. Going to hope the staff is better but I'm always smiling no matter what so I'm sure they will warm up to me!! Lol

Have a great cruise!

• 2 months later...
travelbug-

There absolutely IS a refrigerator in the room! I had our room attendant to clean it out so I could house our personal beverages.

If I might ask....where was your refrigerator located in the cabin? We just got assigned to 7089 on our next cruise on the Enchantment.

Marc

If I might ask....where was your refrigerator located in the cabin? We just got assigned to 7089 on our next cruise on the Enchantment.

Marc

Marc, please accept my apology for the late response. I was on vacation (sadly, not a cruise) and didn't look at Cruise Critic the entire time! In my room, the refrigerator was underneath the desk area. If you look at some of my photos earlier in this thread, the approximate location was beneath the flat-screen tv area. It was a small fridge, but suitable for our needs. Is cabin 7089 one of the Panoramic oceanview rooms?

How much cheaper is that room to the cheapest balcony?

It is not meant to be a replacement for a balcony cabin., but is more like an upgraded OV. A balcony (or above) is generally our pick but for the quick 3 night, we are satisfied in an OV as we are rarely in the cabin. We had a suite on the last 3 night and while the space was nice, it was a waste for us.

For our upcoming cruise, the Panoramic cabin was about $200 per person less than the balcony, even with our Bal. discount. $400 extra ( remember it is only a 3 night cruise) for the small balcony for basically a few hours Saturday and Sunday. I understand the Panoramic cabin is close ( or larger) than the balcony CABIN space.

Yes – sitting on the balcony is relaxing but we take 4-8 cruises each year and we are not snobby about our accommodations. Sometimes we are in a suite, most often a balcony and sometimes an OV (mostly if we take the weekend cruise) and we are fine with that. Others state they will only sail in a particular type of accommodation, but we are a bit more flexible.

M

It is not meant to be a replacement for a balcony cabin., but is more like an upgraded OV. A balcony (or above) is generally our pick but for the quick 3 night, we are satisfied in an OV as we are rarely in the cabin. We had a suite on the last 3 night and while the space was nice, it was a waste for us.

For our upcoming cruise, the Panoramic cabin was about $200 per person less than the balcony, even with our Bal. discount. $400 extra ( remember it is only a 3 night cruise) for the small balcony for basically a few hours Saturday and Sunday. I understand the Panoramic cabin is close ( or larger) than the balcony CABIN space.

Yes – sitting on the balcony is relaxing but we take 4-8 cruises each year and we are not snobby about our accommodations. Sometimes we are in a suite, most often a balcony and sometimes an OV (mostly if we take the weekend cruise) and we are fine with that. Others state they will only sail in a particular type of accommodation, but we are a bit more flexible.

M

cruisegirl1-

Thanks for responding to this particular person's comment. They seemed at the time to be bent on downing this cabin, in spite of my explanations. You expressed it a bit better than I did.

We are doing the Panoramic Cabins on our Nov 14 Vision cruise. Normally we just do an OV for a 3/4 nighter and only get balconies on 7 night cruises, so for this 5 night cruise we decided to try the new panoramic cabins. Think it will be great, really looking forward to it.

Plus, since Vision will be newly renovated just a year before, these cabins are basically new, so should be really nice.

Edited by karena1

We are doing the Panoramic Cabins on our Nov 14 Vision cruise. Normally we just do an OV for a 3/4 nighter and only get balconies on 7 night cruises, so for this 5 night cruise we decided to try the new panoramic cabins. Think it will be great, really looking forward to it.

Plus, since Vision will be newly renovated just a year before, these cabins are basically new, so should be really nice.

I think you'll enjoy the cabins. We did. Have a great cruise!

Had anyone that has been in these cabins lately had any issue with hearing Centrum noise?

molly361-

Remember me? You may not, but I addressed this in my Panoramic Oceanview thread just after I returned in May. See post #35.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1845611&page=2

I've spoken personally to several people who have had those cabins since I've been back. The general consensus is that there shouldn't be a problem unless you are a VERY light sleeper, and you tend to end your evenings rather early (9-ish or so). It was my experience that even when the band was playing and people were active in the Centrum area, once you shut your cabin door...you're fairly insulated. If you feel that you'll be particularly sensitive to the noise levels outside your room at night, you may want to select another cabin to be on the safe side. The Panoramic view room may not be worth it to you, if you feel that the sounds from the Centrum will be a distraction.

Thanks for you post! I've been wanting to try these cabins but they were sold out for my New England cruise...So I'm going to try for the Bermunda 2014 cruise...But we'll be on the Grandeur. I was a little nervous about the 8th deck but it sounds like you didnt have a problem with noise...

• 1 month later...

All booked in 8598 on the Enchantment for a late Feb/early March trip. We usually like Aft balconies, but on short cruises like these it just makes sense to us save money (for adult beverages mostly). We don't like the normal ocean view or interior rooms too much though so this seems like a great hybrid option!

Don't suppose anyone has pictures of that particular cabin laying around? If not there will be after we go. :)

Edited by Sammage

• 1 month later...
I spent 9 nights on EN in cabin # 7600 and enjoyed every minute. The

room had a fridge and a safe that allowed me to use my own code. I'm

not sure about noise from the centrum, since I stayed out late almost

every night. The one night I went to bed early, I don't recall hearing any

noises.

Glad to hear you enjoyed cabin 8600.

I would definitely stay in a POV cabin again.

I'm glad to hear about this cabin. I will be staying there in May 2014. Do you have any pictures?

I'm glad to hear about this cabin. I will be staying there in May 2014. Do you have any pictures?

Sheila-

Hi, I'm the OP on this thread! Not certain whether you're referring to the cabin that I stayed in (8600), but if so, there are photos of my room in post #22. :)