Cruise article from smartmoney.com

I quit looking after #7.........now maybe it is because we have been on many, many cruises......but anyone who has been on one cruise shouldn't be surprised (at least through #7:rolleyes:) I guess they are gearing that to those that have never taken a cruise.

I quit looking after #7.........now maybe it is because we have been on many, many cruises......but anyone who has been on one cruise shouldn't be surprised (at least through #7:rolleyes:) I guess they are gearing that to those that have never taken a cruise.

I do think the article is aimed at those who have never cruised. Not surprising since that is most of the population. trying to put myself in a newbie's shoes, the article would add some bits of knowledge. personally, I feel safer on a cruiseship than on most land based vacations. everyone on board has been carefully identified. Cameras are everywhere. Crew and staff value their jobs. while some safety warning are valid wherever and however one travels, the article seemed to overemphasize those risks IMHO.

I do think the article is aimed at those who have never cruised. Not surprising since that is most of the population. trying to put myself in a newbie's shoes, the article would add some bits of knowledge. personally, I feel safer on a cruiseship than on most land based vacations. everyone on board has been carefully identified. Cameras are everywhere. Crew and staff value their jobs. while some safety warning are valid wherever and however one travels, the article seemed to overemphasize those risks IMHO.

More sensationalistic reporting meant to sell news. The media loves to use scare tactics to increase profits. I'm not sure what service the author thinks he is providing when virtually everything he mentions is negative. Not a very balanced article at all. Perhaps he owns stock in a land based resort? :D

They use very emotive language as well. They refer to meals still being free "in the main dining hall." I don't agree that "dining hall" is an accurate description of the main restaurant of any of the ships I've been on. I might feel that was acceptable for the buffet, but even that seems inaccurate to me.

I feel like I've recently read this article but it wasn't on WSJ, can't quite recall where I saw it though.

I do agree that it is probably geared towards people who have never cruised before. Those of us here know what to believe and what is sensationalized for the sake of an article. If it gets other people not to cruise? More room on the ship for you and me!

Archived