shorts in MDR

curtisbug

On our cruise two, eek, three weeks ago, we saw a couple turned away - wife and daughter in cute sundresses (they were fine), son and dad in nice white shorts. I'd say no. Eat on Lido if you want to be casual. Or throw on a pair of chinos and a polo shirt and call it good.

Okay, some of us aren't living up to the required stereotypes. You're supposed to be in flannel and walking shorts and sensible shoes, and I (gay male) should be dressed up like a fancy pants...!

I hate dressing up. Fortunately, khaki pants and plain old button shirts have become acceptable for elegant night -- otherwise I wouldn't be invited.

I have worn shorts and a polo for MDR dinner in the past. I have drawn a line on Flip Flops which I usually wear and worn sneakers. I guess I could go formal in a black Speedo and a Tux jacket.:)

Okay, the tux jacket is a little over the top, don't you think?

Shorts for me except formal (whatever) night. Might actually take the monkey suit just for giggles. I work in shorts/t-shirt most days so dressing up occasionally is fun. ONE night is enough though. Single digits today!

:confused::confused: polo shirts and tommy bahama shorts. I wear suits to work ervery day and feel like being casual for my 8 night cruise. what do you think? go ahead give it to me;)

I have seen worse on Destiny. You will be just fine. :)

All the people who say they are recording 'Country' music have one.

True, it ain't country music, but the hats are there.

Ain't ,that the truth, most were rocker's in a previous life, couldn't make it , and now all of a sudden they are country star's :rolleyes:

Than hope you and I never book the same cruise ill be in shorts every night I'm allowed in the door. Past 3 cruisers didn't even back a pair of pants

While you dont see alot of people with shorts in mdr, there is some, and as long as it doesnt look sloppy, i think its fine. Hubby wears longer jean shorts with a dressier shirt on casual nights, and i think its just fine.

While you dont see alot of people with shorts in mdr, there is some, and as long as it doesnt look sloppy, i think its fine. Hubby wears longer jean shorts with a dressier shirt on casual nights, and i think its just fine.

Shorts separates the men from the boys at night.

I was on the Sensation a few months ago, sitting near the MDR entrance and saw them not allow someone in on elegant night with shorts. The sign was right there plain as day stating such. He made a scene, talking about how much he spent on the cruise, etc. but they never gave in. He ended up never coming back as far as I know. I thanked them on the way out for enforcing the dress code.

"Go try it where real men hand out. Like a bar."

i guess it depends where the is located... big differnce beyween a bar say in brooklyn, and one in south beach, fl :)

Come on down to Charleston during the summer and you will be laughed at with you "pants" on... at a bar...

i guess it depends where the is located... big differnce beyween a bar say in brooklyn, and one in south beach, fl :)

The neighborhood shot and a beer ,places around here where its just the usual crowd , are very very casual.

The clubs and the pick up, meat market ,type places are where you will see people dress nicer.

I was very happy when they changed the casual dress code to dress shorts allowed. It was a PITA to be having fun somewhere & then have to hurry back to the cabin to put on dress pants (not even jeans).

We do dress up for elegant night, though.

I was on the Sensation a few months ago, sitting near the MDR entrance and saw them not allow someone in on elegant night with shorts. The sign was right there plain as day stating such. He made a scene, talking about how much he spent on the cruise, etc. but they never gave in. He ended up never coming back as far as I know. I thanked them on the way out for enforcing the dress code.

I had a friend on her last cruise, her husband forgot his dress pants for elegant night when he packed, and he got turned away and not allowed to eat there on elegant night.

So, i know they do turn people away.

I heard them announce no baseball caps in the MDR but they didnt enforce it. Im from the old school where its polite to remove your hat in a restaurant. I can see if its a cowboy hat, but a baseball hat I think should be removed while you eat dinner.

shorts, anything else Im ok with.

I did see them on RCL tell a couple of teens to turn their hats around. They said backwards caps like that was gang style, so they made them turn the hat regular. I dont know.. I think caps should come off.

I agree with you completely on this. No hats (of any sort) in the dining rooms and that includes the buffet restaurant as well. Otherwise, I'm good with clean, well fitting clothes being worn.

Archived