Seavis or Dreams

lbfluffy

Great, you will love your day!

That is a great cruise, we loved Curacao and we enjoyed the Bugaloe Beach Bar on Palm Beach Aruba at the end of our night there.

We haven't been to Aruba or Curacao before, so now I guess it's time to hunt for something to do at each of those places. :D

Been a couple of years ago now but absolutely loved the tour with Seavis probably our best tour ever. For Aruba on the same cruise we took the Natural Pool off road jeep tour would rank it right up there with the Seavis tour. This itinerary to the D.R. Curaco, Aruba, and Grand Turk was our favorite itinerary of any of our 10 carnival cruises.

Earlier I said this was a great cruise and it is better than many. For us it was our least favorite of 8 Carnival cruises we've taken, but our itinerary included Nassau rather than GT, and we're not huge fans of Nassau. This cruise was a first for friends and we accompanied them so we wouldn't have chosen it on our own as we're more interested in the southern Carib islands. We're also not excited about Aruba because there's not alot there compared to other destinations in that area although Palm Beach is nice. But the Seavis excursion made it all worthwhile for us, that's how good it was for us. And Curaçao is very nice, be sure to hit a beach then have a snack (Bitterballen?) on the waterfront before returning to the ship. We plan to return there for a longer stay, just a little more interesting than Aruba and the people are friendly.

Been a couple of years ago now but absolutely loved the tour with Seavis probably our best tour ever. For Aruba on the same cruise we took the Natural Pool off road jeep tour would rank it right up there with the Seavis tour. This itinerary to the D.R. Curaco, Aruba, and Grand Turk was our favorite itinerary of any of our 10 carnival cruises.

What did you do in the other ports on this cruise?

• 3 weeks later...

We did Seavis last January. They helped me and my husband and daughter and her boyfriend in and out of the boat (and I 52 and overweight ;), they're not). The boat ride is fast and fun. When we arrived we had to climb a 3-4 foot sand drift up to the flat part of the beach....beach was "grassy" with tree droppings, and the chairs were wooden, old, paint chipping and most were broken but we still used them. Island food and rum was good and plentiful. The best part (for me) is star fish sand bar. It's worth the trip. I'll try and attach some pictures of the star fish portion of the excursion. This excursion is worth $65 pp because of the food, rum, star fish, boat ride, length of the excursion and seeing alot of the island.

100_3993.jpg.640907c06eba9924799ed081e764e530.jpg

100_3987.jpg.60ed9ef26a4705d2415d9bef4eea5ec6.jpg

100_4009.jpg.e82d2b8ba4d7a04930e11481ddefba34.jpg

We did Seavis last January. They helped me and my husband and daughter and her boyfriend in and out of the boat (and I 52 and overweight ;), they're not). The boat ride is fast and fun. When we arrived we had to climb a 3-4 foot sand drift up to the flat part of the beach....beach was "grassy" with tree droppings, and the chairs were wooden, old, paint chipping and most were broken but we still used them. Island food and rum was good and plentiful. The best part (for me) is star fish sand bar. It's worth the trip. I'll try and attach some pictures of the star fish portion of the excursion. This excursion is worth $65 pp because of the food, rum, star fish, boat ride, length of the excursion and seeing alot of the island.

I have to include the staff in your last sentence - they are what made this excursion what it it.

We were at Catuano Beach on Saona, what a gorgeous, clean, and soft sand beach. There are pics on their site -

http://www.seavisbayahibe.com/shoreexcursion_e.htm

I have to include the staff in your last sentence - they are what made this excursion what it it.

We were at Catuano Beach on Saona, what a gorgeous, clean, and soft sand beach. There are pics on their site -

We were at Catuano Beach too.....here are some pictures....notice the third picture you can sort of see the 3-4 foot sand slope....

100_3961.jpg.32242328b3cc6737f1b448e7d7682f23.jpg

100_3962.jpg.c1cacc7eb0fe8824df0d93733fd72b68.jpg

100_3969.jpg.1363e50ff000128ba23c79c2c72a0b44.jpg

Best by far!! The carnival section on Sanoe beach was a roped off section with little to see. Book off ship.

Also.... The kids will hound dog you when you get back to the beach where you checked in and get taxi's. They want money to clean the sand off your feet. There is running water by the check in station that's free.

Yes....I agree....the staff was fantastic....friendly, knowledgable and helpful....we had a race back with the other Seavis boat that was with us. That was fun.....we won.... :D

• 3 weeks later...

To those who have taken a Seavis tour and experienced a disastrous land transfer please read the post on the link below before you write any reviews.

Thankyou

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=40163558#post40163558

Excerpt from the above post:

“The company we use to transport our clients is an independent company called Taxi Casa de Campo. This company is not part of Seavis. We are forced to use this company whether we like it or not. No other taxi company is allowed to pick up cruise ship clients in or even close to the port (1 mile). The taxi coordinator is responsible to get the clients in the right taxi's to get people to their destinations. The coordinators work for the port. This means it is in their best interest NOT to help us/you and to push and sell the excursions affiliated with cruise ship.

Seavis is not affiliated with the cruise ship (in that way we can offer a high quality, all-inclusive excursion for a lower price). We are not allowed to have a representative in the port. No one is allowed to wear our recognizable T-shirt or show any sign that they work with Seavis.

We are constantly looking for an alternative form of transport for our clients but our hands are tied.

The port and the cruise authorities do everything they can to give us a bad name, it is in their interest to sell their own excursions. They make the transportation very hard for us on purpose even though we pay them double than any other taxi company would ask for the transportation. They have the monopoly and we HAVE to use them, we have NO other choice.

Any bad review we have ever gotten from cruise ship clients have been about the transportation and not about our actual excursion. Proof of this can be seen on Cruise Critic and Tripadvisor.

The port tries to sabotage the independent tour operators with hope that in the future all clients will book through the cruise ship.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience, we have been in contact with the taxi company to improve their service.”

Archived