Online check-in and documentation with no printer

Hi,

I don't have a printer at home. I would guess that I can check in online, but obviously won't be able to print off luggage tags and anything else that I need to print off. My question is, can I email the things I need to print to another computer (e.g. my parents' PC) and get them to print the printables and send them to me, or do I have to print them from the computer I used to check in? (if you see what I mean?) Of course, it might be simpler to buy a new printer or go to my parents' house and check in there...:)

You can log into your RCI account from any computer at any time that the website isn't down and print what you need to. It does not have to be from the computer that you used to supply the information that RCI needed.

My friend's printer wasn't working right so she came to my house and printed hers. No problem! :)

Our TA was telling me the other day she always prints the documents & boarding passes for some of her clients without computers.

LuLu

~~~~

You can also complete the information, then save the luggage tags and setsail pass as a pdf, then save those files to Google Drive or DropBox or another cloud-based service, or even a thumb drive. That way when you sign on to wherever you plan to print, you don't have to rely on the RC website, but can just use the thumb drive or access your files from whatever service you use.

• 2 weeks later...

OK. Another question. What are 'Guest Ticket Booklets', and should I have waited to do the online check in until I got them? I booked through a TA so will the GTBs come through them? It's been a while since my last (first) cruise and I can't remember what happens! :o

The only thing you need to print is the Set Sail Pass. You can download the PDF file, copy it to a Flash memory stick. Then you can just take the flash card with you to any computer that has a printer. Then plug in the flash card in the USB port and print the PDF file. While it is nice to print out your luggage tags, it is not needed. The porter will write the luggage tags up when you get to port. Just show them the Set Sail pass for the info they need.

OK. Another question. What are 'Guest Ticket Booklets', and should I have waited to do the online check in until I got them? I booked through a TA so will the GTBs come through them? It's been a while since my last (first) cruise and I can't remember what happens! :o

They are a booklet that has your cruise documents printed out for you. You don't get one unless you order it from RCI and they charge $35.00 for it. You can read the same information in the cruise documents from your reservation on-line and print whatever you want out of them.

You can also complete the information, then save the luggage tags and setsail pass as a pdf, then save those files to Google Drive or DropBox or another cloud-based service, or even a thumb drive. That way when you sign on to wherever you plan to print, you don't have to rely on the RC website, but can just use the thumb drive or access your files from whatever service you use.

Is a 'thumb drive' the same as a flash memory stick?

:-)

Archived