Hot chocolate free in Alaska?

lightsleeper

Do they charge for the hot chocolate they serve on deck when on ship in Alaska? If so, does anyone know how much....Trying to decide on purchasing soft drink card.
Hot chocolate is not included with Unlimited Soda Package. $5.18/person/day, but is with the Unlimited Soda and More Package, $8.05/person/day.

That being said, there was complementary hot chocolate available in the HC on the Golden and at least several other ships in Alaska last year. As far as I know this is only done in Alaska.

Hot chocolate is included in the Ultimate package that also includes mocktails. It is $7 per day ($8.05 per day when gratuity is added). You can then get hot chocolate at the International Cafe.

Both cruises that I've been on in Alaska included complimentary hot chocolate on scenic cruising days from carts that are being wheeled around the pool deck and the Promenade. They also offer adult hot drinks too (for a fee of course)! 'Twas nice sipping on an Irish Coffee whilst gazing at the Marjorie Glacier...:)

Both cruises that I've been on in Alaska included complimentary hot chocolate on scenic cruising days from carts that are being wheeled around the pool deck and the Promenade. They also offer adult hot drinks too (for a fee of course)! 'Twas nice sipping on an Irish Coffee whilst gazing at the Marjorie Glacier...:)

Just got back from my first Princess cruise and also enjoyed the Marjorie Glacier and saw the hot chocolate carts. I also noticed all the booze bottles and thought it was all for a FEE ONLY. Oh well . . . live and learn. :)

Off Topic: Before you die make sure you take an Alaskan cruise . . . simply INCREDIBLE ! !

In this photo you can see the roaming cart that offers free hot chocolate. It's at the bottom of the photo, just to the left of the A-frame sign. The only day I remember seeing it was while we were scenic cruising through Glacier Bay National Park.

5892244785_d8c60cc7e0_z.jpg

Glacier Bay National Park by Jasperdo, on Flickr

Thanks for posting! That picture is awesome!

I'm excited now about hot chocolate on glacier bay day on our upcoming cruise. :)

Hot chocolate has always been free in the MDR at breakfast on all Princess ships I have sailed on. They bring you a big pot of it and it is delicious. I got some nearly daily on the Golden in December. They used to have instant hot chocolate packets in the buffet at breakfast, but I haven't eaten breakfast in the buffet for so long I am not sure they do this any longer.

Hot chocolate has always been free in the MDR at breakfast on all Princess ships I have sailed on. They bring you a big pot of it and it is delicious. I got some nearly daily on the Golden in December. They used to have instant hot chocolate packets in the buffet at breakfast, but I haven't eaten breakfast in the buffet for so long I am not sure they do this any longer.
The packets used to be next to the teas in the HC all day but no more. I think they disappeared about two years ago.

Hot chocolate can be found in th HC ( buffet) or you can purchase a coffee card and get in the lounge or IC where you get the speciality coffees.

Sent from my KFTT using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Hot chocolate has always been free in the MDR at breakfast on all Princess ships I have sailed on. They bring you a big pot of it and it is delicious.

Any idea if this is available as a room service (non-suite) option for free?

Just got back from my first Princess cruise and also enjoyed the Marjorie Glacier and saw the hot chocolate carts. I also noticed all the booze bottles and thought it was all for a FEE ONLY. Oh well . . . live and learn. :)

Off Topic: Before you die make sure you take an Alaskan cruise . . . simply INCREDIBLE ! !

Off Topic Response: YES IT WAS !!! How did you like Princess?? :)

Archived