Best Port Ever Visited!!

cruznliz

Guest Host Tink
Moorea, Tahiti ;) for sure

I've never been there, but I have a picture of it on my office wall, I look at it when I need to "escape".:D

I'll have to go buy an atlas to find out where some of these places are :confused: I obviously haven't traveled all that much, and you guys are talking about places that I never heard of. Sure giving me an incentive to expand my cruising experiences beyond the Caribbean.

Either St Petersburg or Cape Town for a specific city. Fiji for a tropical setting. And, while the city was nothing worth writing home about, we have made some fabulous safari shore excursions from Mombasa.

But, I'll go most any place in the world...always new things to see and learn.

DH and I always thought we'd like to return to Aruba for an extended resort stay as it was our favorite port. In light of the current missing person situation there, I don't think I would consider it now.

Chris

Chris, unless you're in a bar in the wee hours of the morning and go off alone with strangers in their car, I don't think you have a thing to worry about. I'm terribly sorry for the family but you wouldn't do that in any major city in the U.S. so why would you do it in a foreign country? Aruba is far safer than any U.S. city that comes to mind right now.

Another vote for Quebec. We arrived at night, with Chateau Frontenac and the Citadel brightly lit. Awesome.

Have never cruised to Quebec City but visit there often from N.C.. if you think it's lovely in the summer try the Carnaval in February.. you will freeze your buns off if you don't dress appropriately but oh, what a magical place :)

Venice. The last time we were there we walked back to the ship from San Marco Square in a driving rainstorm. We then sailed away in the storm to the music of Andrea Bocelli singing Con Te Partiro.

Haines would get my vote. We took the ferry while our ship was docked in Skagway.

I did not cruise to Venice, but spent a wonderfully romantic vacation there with a BF long ago. It has to be among the most romantic cities in the world.

My favorite Caribbean port is St. Thomas. We've been there on five cruises.

For me it has to be LIverpool,:) my home town, there is something magical about the water front [ the three Grace's] as it must of been for all those immigrants, many years ago, that left from there to go to 'The New World', and a new life, more cruise ships should stop there.

I also feel very lucky to be able to have gone to all the other ports that I have been to in the world, and have just gone with the flow, enjoying other peoples way of life, remember, its only a day, they are there for ever.:)

Archived