Who will be the first Captain of Quantum?

Any speculation on who it will be? Would Capt. Olav Gunnar Nyseter be given the honor as a senior Captain with the company? He has been on Explorer out of NY for a long time. I'd like to see him have a new ship. I'm guessing Ken Rush will be the cruise director as is normal on the new builds.

Any speculation on who it will be? Would Capt. Olav Gunnar Nyseter be given the honor as a senior Captain with the company? He has been on Explorer out of NY for a long time. I'd like to see him have a new ship. I'm guessing Ken Rush will be the cruise director as is normal on the new builds.

When I spoke with Capt Olav on my Feb '13 cruise on EX he indicated that he would be retiring prior to QOS coming online. He would be great as he is one of the most personable Captains in the fleet.

Steve

When I spoke with Capt Olav on my Feb '13 cruise on EX he indicated that he would be retiring prior to QOS coming online. He would be great as he is one of the most personable Captains in the fleet.

Steve

I love Capt Olav...chatted with him several times and yes, he is retiring.

He will be missed.

Ken was at the Quantum reveal in NYC and I believe is going to be the CD.

Steve

I agree, he is a most personable Captain. As I remember, he may have retired once before already, but it didn't last long and he was back on Explorer. It may have been when he was on Rhapsody OTS. I really hate to see him go. Great Captain and a gentleman. I know he is not a youngster, but he seems to be in great shape.

Bill Wright doesn't seem to be in the captain rotation in the current listing. He must be back behind a desk at corporate. I don't see Hernan Zini on the Captain list either.

Jim

I agree, he is a most personable Captain. As I remember, he may have retired once before already, but it didn't last long and he was back on Explorer. It may have been when he was on Rhapsody OTS. I really hate to see him go. Great Captain and a gentleman. I know he is not a youngster, but he seems to be in great shape.

Bill Wright doesn't seem to be in the captain rotation in the current listing. He must be back behind a desk at corporate. I don't see Hernan Zini on the Captain list either.

Jim

I think it will be Captain Zini. I hear he is now doing the same job that Captain Bill Wright had which included bringing out the new builds.

It could be Capt. Patrik Dahlgren. He is on rotation for Oasis and was Captain of Design for the Sunshine Class. On his off ship rotation he has been working on the design and construction of Quantum. We learned this from him on our last time aboard the Oasis.

Jim

He is in great shape. I have been in the gym with him many times. He has also dined alone at dinner in the Windjammer..always choosing healthy choices..not that I'm stalking or anything..😀

It could be Capt. Patrik Dahlgren. He is on rotation for Oasis and was Captain of Design for the Sunshine Class. On his off ship rotation he has been working on the design and construction of Quantum. We learned this from him on our last time aboard the Oasis.

He talked about this on our 4/6 Oasis cruise as well.

Did Bill Wright retire from RCL?

This is second hand account:

He retired from RCI but said he would fill in anywhere he was needed - including other cruise lines. So, he is still active but not bound to RCI.

I think it will be Captain Kangaroo. :eek::eek: