FLL---Hilton vs Hyatt

tkurtzhome

Which is better...Hilton Marina or Hyatt Pier 66? And why?

Why does your question make feel like I'm back in my college days at the University of Missouri and one of my Hotel and Restaurant Management professors just assigned an essay? :eek:

I've only stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 and not the Hilton Marina so I really couldn't compare the two. The locations are almost the same, except the Hilton is a few hundred yards closer to Walgreens, Publix, 15th Street Fisheries, Bimini Boatyard etc., etc.

Both have Water Taxi stops and I think both charge for parking (I know Pier 66 definitely does).

Pier 66 has Pelican's Landing on property which has an incredible view from their second floor perch and is a great place to spend happy hour, but the other restaurant on property are terribly overpriced.

I doubt there is a significant difference in their rooms and I've read good and bad reviews on both, so I'm guessing it comes down to price and which corporation's loyalty program you would rather have points with.

We have only stayed at the Hilton Marina, but I can tell you we had such a pleasant stay that we booked it again for our next cruise from FLL. We were upgraded to a nicer room when we checked in. The room was clean, spacious and attractive. I liked how it had a large balcony overlooking the marina. We liked it so much that we have booked that room cat for our next cruise. It was really nice to walk along the marina and look at the boats. We ate at the restaurant on property China Grill and really enjoyed it, although it was pricey. We also ate breakfast the morning of our departure. We liked that they had a buffet or you could order off the menu, and again the service was great. We did not use the pool, but it looked lovely and tranquil.

Why does your question make feel like I'm back in my college days at the University of Missouri and one of my Hotel and Restaurant Management professors just assigned an essay? :eek:

I am assuming you are from Florissant? I grew up there and went to hazelwood central? (Since that was your next question lol)

Thanks for the reviews. Both hotels have very mixed reviews on other sites like tripadvisor and yelp. So thanks for those that offered their perspective.

I like them both but would probably go for the Hyatt over the Hilton. The Hyatt is more of a resorty setting.

Either way, you cannot lose. Good luck!

Thanks for the reviews. Both hotels have very mixed reviews on other sites like tripadvisor and yelp. So thanks for those that offered their perspective.

No matter which hotel you choose, I encourage you to grab your camera and take a walk across the 17th Street Causeway, especially the morning of the cruise when your ship will be in port.

Archived