!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

I forgot to post this short video that I took before the meet and greet. You get to hear my voice ;). And you also get a better view at the lack of privacy of the balconies on deck 8.

Then we went to the room and got changed to go to the jacuzzi in H2O. We stayed there for some time and had a good time talking with the few people that were there. We actually met a young couple that had wayyyyyyyy to much to drink, but they were awesome! and an Irish young lady that I met later on another day. And another couple, this was her cruise celebrating that she was cancer free. It was a very intense moment when she revealed that, we all felt very proud and happy for her. There is something about the joy of life and knowing that you can beat these horrible deceases. It was actually really funny, because when she told us the story, the drunk young lady went there from across the jacuzzi and gave like a 5 minute hug. For some reason this was a very special for all of us in that jacuzzi. I get teary eyed as I type this…

I took a few pictures out there.

DSC01346_zpsa3ac479c.jpg

DSC01347_zps8ff44998.jpg

DSC01349_zpsa88e77d9.jpg

DSC01350_zps4bf54dbc.jpg

After sometime the couple was running low on drinks so they went to the bar to get a drink. Soon after we all decided to leave, I wanted to try the water slides and rope course. Remember for the water slides you have to remove all your jewelry and loose objects. So we went down to the room to do so and change. Also, you need shoes that cover your toes for the rope course.

Hi Gambee,

I am loving your review so far. I have a few questions when you get a chance...

1. Having sailed with other cruise lines, how much do you notice the space taken up by the Haven and suite-only areas on the Breakaway? The slides and ropes course look great, and I'm sure my kids will love the kids clubs, but do you notice the decrease in space compared to the other ships you've been on? I don't think we will be able to afford the Haven and I'm worried a bit about this....

2. It seems like the ropes course, in particular, was open for only a couple of hours at a time. Did it (or the slides) get crowded? Were the times too limited? It seems like there might be more planning involved than I would expect on a freestyle cruise.

Thanks!

I honestly can't get over how small those balconies are!:(

Me either! They should plant flowers and call it a window box!!!! :eek:

Agreed -- those on deck 8 by the waterfront look about as large/private/desirable as a few of the category 11 "suites" balconies on Carnival's Fantasy class ships:

Owner%27s%20Suite%20095-L.jpg

Definitely something to avoid!

Tom

I picked up a dog on the way out of H2O. It was just ok. Nothing like the dog place on the Allure.

DSC07081_zps07d7f105.jpg

We got to the room and started changing, then mom noticed that we had a message on the phone. The message said that they could NOT fix the light while the vessel was moving, that it was dangerous. I kid you not, about 5 minutes later we heard a knock on the door, and there he was the maintenance guy with a ladder and all his tools. WTH?!?!?! lol.

Anyway it was not long for him to figure out that was a bigger job than he though…

Notice the switch.

DSC07079_zpsd2697840.jpg

DSC07082_zpsb812d111.jpg

He said he would come back after he examined everything. He covered the switch again, but took the light. Let it be said that we never heard from him again. At some point in the cruise I was told that they did not have the equipment on board to fix it… Oh I forgot, to tell, but the only reason this was even addressed was because I called one of the numbers in the head of departments. I am not exaggerating when I tell you that overall we must of talked with 6 people about this light, before calling the head department...

I relaxed in the balcony for a little while, I think mom was showering.

DSC07087_zps90fc9088.jpg

DSC07091_zps66ce2c2f.jpg

Then we headed up to the rope course. That place is an absolute blast, I cannot tell you how much fun I had up there, it is simply amazing. I actually like it even more when it is windy, it feel so much more risky. Also I recommend you not to wait until the last day of your cruise to try this, on our last day it was closed the entire day.

DSC07096_zps21b6588d.jpg

DSC07097_zps85c2f2ee.jpg

I spoke to this nice man, he had just had shoulder surgery and was drying to try the rope course. But he was not able to do it. He was there doing some kind of marshal arts.

DSC07099_zps0c6d6b7e.jpg

They have a mini rope course for the youngsters.

DSC07100_zps4beeb7f5.jpg

That's The Gambee

DSC07112_zps9010539c.jpg

DSC07114_zps1affc743.jpg

DSC07120_zpsa22dbcee.jpg

I tried to do the plank, but it was closed due to the winds. By the way it looks like I am taking a picture, but I promise I was not. I did not have anything with me, I even gave my mom my room key. I am not sure what I was doing, maybe looking at the camera?

DSC07126_zps280edc48.jpg

Back down

DSC07136_zps03f7475a.jpg

DSC07143_zpsf3710d80.jpg

DSC07144_zps82c10bd0.jpg

By the way even adults can use this one, I did not know that. Shaun told me he went on it.

DSC07145_zpsd0776878.jpg

DSC07146_zps4d120568.jpg

Then we walked around the mini golf, and I took some pictures. We never played there, but it was getting plenty of action on that day.

DSC07147_zpsde91237b.jpg

DSC07148_zpsddc51c7c.jpg

DSC07149_zpsbd322422.jpg

DSC07150_zpsd6a61b6a.jpg

OK lets, Gambee's first meet and greet. Let me start by saying that I was a nervous wreck, I don't usually do very well in big group gatherings. So I really did not know what to expect. I walked in and wrote my name down and my moms as well. Immediately I spotted Slice and her husband, that helped me relax a little. While I was in line, fishbait said hi and she said that I looked nothing like she imagined me like. At some point she thought I was a girl :D, that got a good laugh of me ;).

I decided to make a dash for the table that Slice was sitting at and then I met EbonyHeart. Please correct me if I am confusing screen names, like I said my memory with names is horrible and I was so nervous that I did not take one note during that time.

We started talking a little and Xena approached me to say hi, all very nice folks. She asked me to sign up for the Heaven tour and get a name tag, I did neither as once again I was too nervous to even get up of that chair. Please don't laugh at me, but I really can't remember the last time that I was in a group like that. I do it at times at work, but I know everyone so the experience is much different.

I don't like big groups of pepole I don't know either. There were some half full tables but I was like nope.. I'm sitting all by myself. EbonysHeart's smiling face walked in and asked if she could sit with us. She is so nice and friendly! I'm glad she sat with us. I'm happy you sat by us too :). Before you showed up I was telling my husband I wonder if Gambee will sit by us? I felt like a school kid! Lol!

If I had known you were going to be that nervous we should have met up and gone in together.

I was a bit let down during the Meet and Greet that none of the officers spoke. On the Epic each one took turns introducing themselves and telling us what they did and things like that. I wonder once the Breakaway gets more sailings under her belt of the officers will stay longer and chat?

I figured Julie of all people could have fixed your Ocean Blue issue. That is very very disappointing. :(

DSC07170_zps022957d3.jpg

Those 2 slides are GREAT, the rush you feel is just amazing! Don't miss them. I never made more than a 2 person line to go on them.

DSC07178_zps2ded6ea4.jpg

DSC07180_zps5928e712.jpg

DSC07182_zpscc49f633.jpg

We then decided to go to the fwd part of the ship since we had yet to see it. It was so windy that my mom was struggling to get there.

I took a few pictures on the way there.

DSC07195_zpsfa1c812b.jpg

The weather was improving.

DSC07199_zpsba8e8986.jpg

I picked up a dog on the way out of H2O. It was just ok. Nothing like the dog place on the Allure.

DSC07081_zps07d7f105.jpg

Could it be because you covered it in ketchup? :D (Hey, I used to as well... now I'm a mustard/onions/sauerkraut kind of dog guy)

I was a bit let down during the Meet and Greet that none of the officers spoke. On the Epic each one took turns introducing themselves and telling us what they did and things like that. I wonder once the Breakaway gets more sailings under her belt of the officers will stay longer and chat?

I was VERY impressed with the Meet-n-Greets on the Epic as well on both our sailings. I honestly thought that's how NCL conducts them on every ship. Apparently not... :( At least the officers show up, which is more than I can say for some lines!

Tom

That is Heaven, you can put your camera through a little hole. The place was really empty.

DSC07275_zps43818649.jpg

DSC07276_zps32608a33.jpg

A few views of the bow.

DSC07287_zpsbdef71cc.jpg

DSC07289_zpsfd37103c.jpg

Then we went back to go up to the freestyle deck. And no, there were no topless women there :D.

DSC07301_zps9248155f.jpg

Going to get something to eat, and I will try to post another set before work.

Stop eating and call in sick!

Thanks again for your work. I can't wait to read more.

Gambee for President!

DSC07325_zps41e2f01a.jpg

DSC07326_zps8f014b90.jpg

DSC07328_zps3b5af4dd.jpg

Dandy7 said the place is great and worth the money. Please don't ask me why no one is there and the place is sold out! I am not sure, I actually went to the bar in the other side to ask. And the bartender told me it was open, I could of swore it was closed. Why no people? Anyway the place was nice and for $20 I would buy it for one sea day, it seemed like a nice place to relax and have a drink. I specially like the roof in the Jacuzzis.

We kept on walking, I wanted to see the promenade area in front of the ship.

I took this pictures on the way there.

DSC07340_zpsf900dc98.jpg

Do you see the red color in the ocean? Slice's husband said it was possibly the reflection of Peter Max sun on the water.

DSC07344_zps7efada2f.jpg