!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Gambee,

Have been looking forward to this review since you posted your X review.

Welcome back from your cruise. I hope you had a blast!! Can't wait to experience it in your review.

Bill

Great start!!

My friend and I did Dawn to Bermuda a few summers ago and are planning to return next summer.

This may be what puts us over the edge on picking Breakaway vs Dawn again.

Thanks- looking forward to the rest :D

Gambee...it's simply amazing that you plan so much in advance in a short amount of time...looking forward to another great review! You'll be a writer for a cruise review site soon! I am thinking maybe even AAA would use your reviews!

Ahhh here we go, the moment I've been waiting for, for like a month! :D You're first part just took me 30 minutes to read, love how thorough it is and I feel like every single review is getting better (if that's possible!) I don't know what it is with my computer and your reviews but if you remember what happened while I was reading your Silhouette review, just happened again although this time I was on the couch downstairs with the charger upstairs! :p

Really looking forward to all of the great pictures as I still don't have a good sense of the ship layout. I was really considering buying your camera for Allure because the one I'm bringing is going to be too big (I think). But there is only one left on Amazon and I wouldn't be able to get it for a few days and by then it will probably be out of stock, yay! :rolleyes:

Can't wait to read more my friend!

Edited by swim13

Welcome back Gambee. You have already "WOWED" us and it is just the beginning of your review. Only bad part is that I am getting ready for our cruise on the Grandeur to Bermuda this coming Friday. I guess I will have to read what I can this week and finish when I get back.

You do such an awesome job. You really should write for a travel magazine. And the pictures are outstanding.

I will friend request you on Facebook sometime soon.

Thanks for doing these reviews. I know we all look forward to them and enjoy them tremendously.

Gwen :)

Thank you Gambee for starting your review already - it looks amazing so far!!

Looking forward to your in-depth review of the ship, as well as your deck 12 B1 aft cabin, as we are also on deck 12. We originally booked an inside, upgraded to a deck 14 standard balcony, then switched to the aft-facing balcony because of it's size. I haven't told the family yet - so should be a surprise to all!

Thanks again for doing a review - looking forward to the rest! :D

Just sent a FB friend request! I've really not had an urge to go to Bermuda or to sail on mega-ship....but you've changed that!!!! Great review!! :cool:

My friend! Looking forward to another detailed review and your awesome photography!

Wow! This is phenomenal and you're just getting started. :D:cool::)

I am so excited to read this!!!!

Thank you Gambee, loving it already:D

Even better, I just realized that I am in the same cabin as you!

So excited, I have been waiting all week for this. I knew you would start almost the minute you got home. lol I hope you and your mom had a wonderful time!!

Looking forward to all the details :o:thumbup:

I've been looking forward to your review, can't wait to hear all about the Breakaway and see your photos!

Oh. Yea. Totally in. You know I am!

Let's get this party started!!

So excited' date=' I can't wait for your review Gambee. Thanks in advance for what I know will be a comprehensive and entertaining review.[/quote']

Can't wait to follow along...anticipating the posts will keep me occupied for a few weeks

What an amazing in-depth review.........and you only just got started!!

I'm subscribing to this and I would love to see your photos so I'll head over to facebook and friend request you too!! Thank-you!!

Gambee- 1st- lovely tribute. I know what you mean about Kev. I have been following your posts closely. I feel as though I know you. I am guessing many of us feel this way. Many of your pics and posts made me feel like I was right there with you.

2nd- THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. We have all been wondering about the new girl- and you have really helped us get to know her.

3rd- So glad that you enjoyed your trip. When I sail- I will be raising a glass or two to you and Bear. You have been so helpful.

4th- Can't wait to read the rest!

Peace-

Ame

Thank you everyone for the kind words, and welcome aboard.

Just starting to work on day one pictures and waiting for the plane.

yeah!!!! Gambee is back. Let the reading commence!!

Welcome back Gambee. You have already "WOWED" us and it is just the beginning of your review. Only bad part is that I am getting ready for our cruise on the Grandeur to Bermuda this coming Friday. I guess I will have to read what I can this week and finish when I get back.

You do such an awesome job. You really should write for a travel magazine. And the pictures are outstanding.

I will friend request you on Facebook sometime soon.

Thanks for doing these reviews. I know we all look forward to them and enjoy them tremendously.

Gwen

Ahhh here we go, the moment I've been waiting for, for like a month! :D You're first part just took me 30 minutes to read, love how thorough it is and I feel like every single review is getting better (if that's possible!) I don't know what it is with my computer and your reviews but if you remember what happened while I was reading your Silhouette review, just happened again although this time I was on the couch downstairs with the charger upstairs! :p

Really looking forward to all of the great pictures as I still don't have a good sense of the ship layout. I was really considering buying your camera for Allure because the one I'm bringing is going to be too big (I think). But there is only one left on Amazon and I wouldn't be able to get it for a few days and by then it will probably be out of stock, yay! :rolleyes:

Can't wait to read more my friend!

Gambee...it's simply amazing that you plan so much in advance in a short amount of time...looking forward to another great review! You'll be a writer for a cruise review site soon! I am thinking maybe even AAA would use your reviews!

Great start!!

My friend and I did Dawn to Bermuda a few summers ago and are planning to return next summer.

This may be what puts us over the edge on picking Breakaway vs Dawn again.

Thanks- looking forward to the rest :D

Gambee: WOW! What an amazing tribute to Kev, who was all about Bermuda. He would have absolutely loved this thread. Incredible, jaw dropping detail. Simply AMAZING!!!! :D

Thank you.

Welcome back Gambee. Great start to the review. I'm looking forward to following along.

Gambee,

Have been looking forward to this review since you posted your X review.

Welcome back from your cruise. I hope you had a blast!! Can't wait to experience it in your review.

Bill

Wow. Between this and the fact that they are showing John Wayne movies all day on the TCM channel it's gonna be a fun day.

Awesome. Looking forward to more.

I have been waiting for this review and you are off to an excellent start! Can't wait to read the rest!

Hello everyone, seeing a lot old friends here, welcome aboard hope everyone enjoys =)

Can't wait for all the details! Thank you so much for doing this! One advance question: if we are booking breakaway to bermuda, is april too early for nice bermuda weather? Isn't it near North Carolina? Thanks.

I would not do Bermuda again in May, the water is too cold and you risk cold weather. Personally I would stick to june, july, aug or sept. The other months just rick being cold.

please post menus from cruisethanks

dana

I will post them as I go, they are all scattered in different days.

Thank you Gambee for starting your review already - it looks amazing so far!!

Looking forward to your in-depth review of the ship, as well as your deck 12 B1 aft cabin, as we are also on deck 12. We originally booked an inside, upgraded to a deck 14 standard balcony, then switched to the aft-facing balcony because of it's size. I haven't told the family yet - so should be a surprise to all!

Thanks again for doing a review - looking forward to the rest! :D

That should be a great surprise for them, the balcony is just great. Would love to be able to do it again.

Can't wait to read more! What a fantastic, detailed review already. Patiently waiting for more. :)

Gambee,

Wow, you're off to a great start. Thanks for taking the time to write this amzing review.

Loving the review!

Thank you, =)

Welcome Aboard, glad to have you here.

Hooray!

I stopped reading the everything Breakaway thread because I knew you would cover what I wanted and needed to know in your review.

Thanks for another AWESOME review!

Welcome aboard.

Wow, this is unreal. So glad I don't have to look at all the Breakaway threads, everything I need to know will be here!

Thanks!

~Roberta (friend request to fb sent as well, you are going to be inundated with requests!)

So I will do this review a little different, in the past reviews I have answered all posts independently. But I have noticed that I dedicated so much time to that and then I neglect the review slightly. I will try to respond to most of them, but if they are in the same context I will address them together. I sure hope that is ok with everyone.

I will however answer all questions independently, as each question is different from the other ones.

Of course that does not mean that I don't expect you to post ;), I love when you folks post as it gives me the motivation that I need to continue strong. This is a long and extensive process, I am just trying to lighten my load a little.

Hope you all understand :)

Screenshot2013-04-27at101544AM_zps8192590f.png

During those following months, I became obsessed with the Breakaway. I followed everything that became available on the internet. I won't bore you with the details of it, but I will post a link with the main thread in CC.com that most of us were following: Everything Breakaway! (LIVE on 4/28). You will notice that I was very active in that thread, and it was a lot of fun following the progress and learning all of the new features that this ship had. My main sources of information were Building Breakaway, Depping-Design, NCL's Facebook and NCL's website.

Pictorial Timeline of Breakaway's Construction

March 2012. Lettering markers are set in place.

march22_zpsbc2ef6d1.jpg

Image courtesy of Norwegian Cruise Line

April 2012. Engines are delivered.

april24_zps641a7f2a.jpg

May 2012. The firsts blocks are revealed.

May25_zps1e1883ca.jpg

July 2012. Ship starts to take shape.

July6_zps1d6fac17.jpg

July 2012. Aft of the ship is revealed.

July17_zps5f2739ab.jpg

August 2012

Augu6-sept10_zps00a922c9.jpg

October 2012. Bow and Bridge are set in place!

oct18_zps0edee294.jpg

October 22, 2012. She FLOATS!

October22_zps7895f3ab.jpg

December 2012. Aqua park being installed.

Dec3_zps0f12948a.jpg

January 2013. Recreation Area being installed.

Jan11_zpse6bbb18b.jpg

January 2013. Peter Max design starts to get painted.

Desktop_zps43dbea53.jpg

August 2012

Augu6-sept10_zps00a922c9.jpg

October 2012. Bow and Bridge are set in place!

oct18_zps0edee294.jpg

October 22, 2012. She FLOATS!

October22_zps7895f3ab.jpg

December 2012. Aqua park being installed.

Dec3_zps0f12948a.jpg

January 2013. Recreation Area being installed.

Jan11_zpse6bbb18b.jpg

January 2013. Peter Max design starts to get painted.

Desktop_zps43dbea53.jpg