!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

February 2013. Hull design almost finished.

Norwegian-Breakaway_zps8f5355b9.jpg

Image courtesy of Norwegian Cruise Line

February 2013. First Interior photo released, The Haven.

the-haven-area_zps6877b4cf.jpg

February 26, 2013. Breakaway was floated out to the lagoon!!! The first real view of the ship. The weather was really foggy.

And I quote:

"Today was a historic day at Meyer Werft as Norwegian Breakaway, the largest cruise ship to ever be built in Germany, successfully floated out of the building dock in Papenburg. The 146,600-ton ship has been under construction since September 2011. Beginning at approximately 7 am (Germany time), the massive 4,000 passenger ship with her signature hull artwork designed by pop icon Peter Max, departed building dock II. Norwegian Breakaway is also the first ship to depart bow first. Norwegian Breakaway has an overall length of 324 meters, and is 39.70 meters wide."

Desktop2_zps92a0c262.jpg

Image courtesy of Meyer Shipyard Webcam and Special thanks to CC member sdmike for taking all those screen shots while I was sleeping

Desktop_zps61253ad0.jpg

Image courtesy of Depping Design

My Favorite picture from Andreas Depping for that day, for the full picture gallery click

here Depping-Design.

breakaway_0027_zps42365229.jpg

Image courtesy of Depping Design

Here is a GREAT short Video of that day. Enjoy =)

March 3, NCL starts releasing Interior pictures.

Desktop3_zpsf00e96a2.jpg

March 4, The first crew members move into Breakaway.

Crew_zpsb5814fb1.jpg

March 13, Breakaway departed Meyer Werft on her conveyance along the Ems River.

Desktop-3_zps70a3018b.jpg

March 13, Breakaway Conveyance, continued.

254447_10151626554511414_1073490414_n_zpsa677bcae.jpg

March 13, Breakaway Conveyance, continued. Amazing Picture!

734631_10151626553696414_103927547_n_zpsef306b88.jpg

March 13, Breakaway Conveyance, continued. So much is said in this picture! Love it!

578954_10151626554506414_2026550153_n_zps254a359d.jpg

March 18, NCL Breakaway leaves Eemshaven to Bremerhaven Germany for sea trials.

March 29, Breakaway Successfully Completes Sea Trials

germannewspaperBILD_zps27b3d9b7.jpg

Image courtesy of "Bild" German Newspaper

April 25, Meyer Werft Delivers Breakaway to Norwegian Cruise Line.

CRL_10071_zps2e80dfbc.jpg

Wow' date=' this is unreal. So glad I don't have to look at all the Breakaway threads, everything I need to know will be here!

Thanks!

~Roberta (friend request to fb sent as well, you are going to be inundated with requests!)[/quote']

FB accepted, welcome aboard :)

So I will do this review a little different, in the past reviews I have answered all posts independently. But I have noticed that I dedicated so much time to that and then I neglect the review slightly. I will try to respond to most of them, but if they are in the same context I will address them together. I sure hope that is ok with everyone.

I will however answer all questions independently, as each question is different from the other ones.

Of course that does not mean that I don't expect you to post ;), I love when you folks post as it gives me the motivation that I need to continue strong. This is a long and extensive process, I am just trying to lighten my load a little.

Hope you all understand :)

What you said goes! Honestly, at this point, you are so well known here that if you just said "Hey all, in order for me to continue going, I need 10 pictures of your breakfast" and lo and behold, you'll get 10 pics of breakfast foods in hours.

;)

Yay Gambee!! Just seen this thread and you've already accepted by FB friend request - thank you.

I've been clicking on your Allure review to see if you had changed your signature to show you'd started your review and here you are!! Sooo looking forward to reading all of this just as much as I loved your others :D:D

My hat is off to you gambee! Not only is the quality of your review beyond outstanding...but I can't believe how quickly you are putting so much of it online. The detail and style are unmatched! Bravo!

I am loving how organized this review is! The information you have packed in pre cruise planning is amazing! I will keep this review and reference it often as I plan a Breakaway cruise in the near future.

I think responding to people in a group post is most efficient to both you and us as readers. Excellent use of space and time

I can't wait to read more! Thank you so much for all the time and effort you are putting into this!

I must say you have provided a wonderful tribute to Kev and he is smiling down at you and saying "Who Knew" :cool:

Tammy

Gambee - Thanks for all of this. It's simply awesome. I know how much work it is to put together a review, and I SO appreciate the level of effort and attention yo've put into this. My wife is already talking about our next trip being NYC and Breakaway. This will be the best planning guide every. :)

-Mike

Gambee - Thanks for all of this. It's simply awesome. I know how much work it is to put together a review, and I SO appreciate the level of effort and attention yo've put into this. My wife is already talking about our next trip being NYC and Breakaway. This will be the best planning guide every. :)

-Mike

I with you on this!! Wish every ship and itinerary had a review like this one!!

OMG, what an amazing review so far. The detail and work you put into this is overwhelming to me. The amount of research and planning you do pre-cruise is also amazing. I think you need to go into business as a "personal cruise planner". You would never be short of work.

Congrats on a beautiful review ... looking forward to more.

Cdn in KS

This is going to be even better than expected. I was curious about the ship, but your detailed and helpful info on Bermuda is going to be invaluable since we're headed there on Explorer in October.

Thank you!!

And thanks for the Allure review, it was a great find after we booked that one earlier this year.