Life jackets on the Allure

My friend and I did the Allure in May. On checking out our cabin, we were quite surprised that there wasn't any life jackets..We've done over 14 cruises and NEVER didn't have a life jacket available to us in our cabin. Our muster station was the Aqua Theater.

One day they had a Q & A get together with the captain and some of the crew. A question was asked why no life jackets in the cabin? The answer by the cruise director "well, we have plenty right here"..."so don't worry".

I hope Royal Caribbean changes their policy on the "big" ships especially after this week's fire. I certainly don't want to wake up at 3:00 in the morning, have to go to a muster station and depend on a crew member to hand me my life jacket.

That is because they want you to head directly to your muster station. Instead of going back to your room to get a life jacket. Make sense to me, what if you couldn't get to your room because of a fire.

If something really devastating like an explosion happened.......how many people would really be able to get down to their cabins, get their life jackets & then get back to where they could actually get off the ship ? What if their area of the ship was blocked off ?

Remember power would probably be out so there would be no elevators. You might be fit enough for stairs but most cruisers are not....I am good for just a couple of flights :O)

Thousands on the Allure...I am sure the stairs would jam up. There would be lighting by generators but it would be dim.

If I heard a general alarm, I would be much happier just getting to the muster station & getting a jacket rather than try & find my way to my room & back.

I feel very secure on ships and sail 3 times a year.

Watching the Titanic did not bother me......however I would never book on a lower deck :O)

If it's 3:00 in the morning like this was, I want my life jacket in my hand..I'm in my cabin at that time of the morning, not roaming the decks.

you won't like to know that new ships do not and will not in the future have them in cabins. You have to go to muster station to get off anyway

This subject has been discussed to death here on CC. The quick summary - If you want a life jacket in your room, just ask and you shall receive. :p

Yes ... if you want life jackets in your cabin, they'll bring them to you. They will tell you that a the Muster Drill because someone always does ask.

LuLu

~~~~

This subject has been discussed to death here on CC. The quick summary - If you want a life jacket in your room, just ask and you shall receive. :p

Thank you. Its been discussed and it's explained on board, you can get them in your room if you ask.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sorry..didn't know this subject had been discussed to "death"...quite an expression. I was just saying

what if you are in the Windjammer or the main dining room, or even in the solarium when the alarms go off?!?!?

Obviously the only right way to go about things is to request that RCI gives you your lifejacket when you get your seapass and you wear it constantly until you disembark on the last day. Don't forget to turn the flashing light on and blow the whistle occasionally!

you won't like to know that new ships do not and will not in the future have them in cabins. You have to go to muster station to get off anyway

i was just on a new ship (one of disney's) and we had lifejackets in our room....

the first thing i do when i get to my room is put on the lifejacket and make sure it's in working order...

glad to read here that i can request one to be brought to the room when i'm on the allure - there is no way i would want to wake up at 3 in the morning to an emergency and have to wait until the muster station to get my jacket...

that's absolutely ridiculous...

if the ship goes down (and it can - just look at the concordia), you might not have time to get to your muster station..

i want that jacket in my room - and another one at the muster station (that's what they have on the disney ships - one in your room and one at the muster station for you, in case you aren't able to go to your room)..

If you are that concerned about your life preserver is in the room, or actually, if you even prefer to have the preserver at the muster station...

Spend some time reading the back of your cabin door to find the actual emergency route from your cabin to your station. There's a very good chance that you will NOT be using the main passenger stairways. So once you know what the route is, then go find the actual route entrance. There are a LOT of stairways scattered throughout the ship, and it stands to reason that you would use one in the case of an emergency. The routes may be marked as crew only. But they are to be used in an actual emergency.

Thank you Alaska Planner for agreeing with me concerning the life jackets..I can see no reason why they can't provide them in your room and at the muster station.

As for you cruiseMI82, your remarks were uncalled for...blow your own whistle!

Thank you Alaska Planner for agreeing with me concerning the life jackets..I can see no reason why they can't provide them in your room and at the muster station.

As for you cruiseMI82, your remarks were uncalled for...blow your own whistle!

Cost, space. There is two. I called for this. :p

Archived