Which cruise has the really old people????

On my last Century cruise - this past December there were LOTS of really old folks. They were mostly a bit on the cranky side as well. I don't know if it was the time of year, in October the year before there were no where near as many on board though. I will tell you one thing, they might have been old, but do not get between one of them and a slot machine! icon_smile.gif

Terri

Skyward - 1989

Carnivale - 1991

Holiday - 1994

Fantasy - 1998

Century - 2002

Century - 2003

Jubilee - 7/04

Century - 9/04

Coral Princess - 3/05

Valor - 10/05

Days til Valor Vampires Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

valorvampires.gif

Originally posted by cruising with marti:

I wanna go, I just love the really old people.

Phil

Phil--check out the NCL schedule for August! I believe August 7th out of Ft. Lauderdale there's a 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise that is for the geriatric crowd only (you must be an Octogenarian or better however). I heard the mayor of Ft. Lauderdale was emptying out all the retirement homes that week so the aged would be guaranteed at least some "normal" activities for a change. The NCL cruiseline picked up on this and offered anyone over 80 a helluva deal on this particular itinerary. Check it out and let me know if it's legit--I've got a great uncle in that area that would qualify--4_4_106.gif John

I have been on four cruises so I can't give you a definite answer but in order of criuse . . .

Royal Caribbean/Voyager of the Sea -- younger than Celebrity

Celebrity/Galaxy -- Just Perfect

Holland/Zuiderdam -- Lots on fice folks but on the older side

Celebrity/Summit -- Just Perfect

So since I think Celebrity is Just Perfect I'll be cruising with them.

FYI -- I'm 46.

Voyager of the Sea -- September 2001; Galaxy -- May 2002; Zuiderdam -- September 2003; Summit -- April 2004; CAN'T WAIT -- SUMMIT OCTOBER 2004

Hey Rusty! I've got grey hair and I'm only 22 icon_wink.gif

Phil

Mercury Western Caribbean November 2002

Galaxy Eastern Caribbean November 2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;13;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600<BR

Until Galaxy Panama Canal Out Of Galveston

13th November 2004

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

I'd guess the average age on our cruise to New England and Canada (on the Golden Princess) was around 65. We passengers under 50 were definitely in the minority. (We were 40 and 46.)

It was a great cruise. There were hardly any kids. The pools were always uncrowded. The early show filled up each night but we never had a problem getting good seats at the second show. We had "personal choice" dining and tended to eat late--after 9 p.m.--and never had a wait at that time.

Hey Phil (of Phil & Marti), you're sailing with me, you had da*n well better be a lot of fun!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif If not, you're overboard man!!!

Hi Lois, Hi my "other" Phil!

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

Hi Rosie. BTW I'm fine and can't wait for Saturday! icon_smile.gif I can see Phil now, flinging round that dance floor icon_biggrin.gif

Phil

Mercury Western Caribbean November 2002

Galaxy Eastern Caribbean November 2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;13;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600<BR

Until Galaxy Panama Canal Out Of Galveston

13th November 2004

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

I'm excited for you too!

Yes, THAT will be some picture of Phil--as long as he's not swinging ME with him!!!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

Rosie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

While I have no problem being on the younger end of the age curve, I will probably feel out of place if the majority of pax are genuinely geriatric/frail. What kind of "old" are we talking about? I am going on a 12-day Galaxy Panama Canal cruise in November.

Justin

P.S. My wife and I are thirty-six and we will be taking our nine year old son and our eight year old daughter with us. We are more interested in pampering, fine food, and relaxation on our cruise than in partying.

Justin

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cruising with marti:

I wanna go, I just love the really old people.

Phil

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now Phil, you know age is only a state of mind icon_wink.gif I've known "old" 40 year olds and "young" 80 year olds. Much rather be with the octogenerians with a youthful outlook, even if the gait is a little slower! icon_biggrin.gif

Char

click <a href="mailto:gaultchar@aol.com">here</a href> to send me an e-mail

Hi Justin, I think you and your family will be just fineicon_smile.gif Are you sailing Nov 13th? If so,

Phil from the UK is on that cruise too!....You can't get much better than that icon_biggrin.gif (he is really 40...not 22)but don't tell anyone icon_wink.gif

Unless of course you are on the same ship with Phil and Marti...then watch out! You will find out they are the BEST PEOPLE anywhere!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

Noah's Ark!

This ship 10/91

That ship 11/95

Whatever ship 12/98

here a ship 13/99

there a ship 14/00

everywhere

a

ship ship 15/05

<font size="3" color=red>Over 1 year</font> into my LMBO cruise

Sailed a few cruise lines.

The oldest crowd was on the Grand Princess cruise. Celebrity NEXT, then HAL.

IMHO, HAL gets a bad rap because it does world cruises and who else can do them but retired folks.

icon_cool.gificon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gificon_smile.gificon_cool.gif

Scotia Prince, May 1998

Regal Empress, June 2000

Westerdam, April+ 2001

Regal Empress, June 2001

Grand Princess, November 2001

Pacific Princess (The Love Boat), May 2002

Radiance of the Seas, February 2003

Zuiderdam, May 2003

Zenith, September+ 2003

Constellation, September+ 2004

TTFN > DH

thanks guys for all the suggestions, I think I will go wth newt on the Ark.

hey rosie, what do you mean, you don't waqnt to swing with me?? icon_biggrin.gif

hi lois, thanks for the compliments and you really know the truth about me icon_cool.gif

Hi to the other Phil, he doesn't seem too old to cruise with.

Phil

galaxy trans Atlantic

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2004;9;3;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

mercury

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;11;26;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Phil, I'd swing with you on any branch you want!!! Darn, we're almost family anyway!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Rosie

Archived