show schedules on the Reflection

trident

We have not sailed with Celebrity in about 8 years and one of the reasons we jumped to another line was that our evening show for second seating dinner passengers was always scheduled pre-dinner. We are considering sailing on the Reflection and wonder if anyone can tell us if the shows for 2nd seating dinner are before dinner or after.

Which itinerary? It makes a difference.

When the ships are in the western hemisphere, the show for the late seating dinner is almost always before dinner except on formal nights when it the show is after late seating dinner.

But when the ships are in Europe, quite often the schedule is adjusted.

Example: Eclipse Norway cruise May 2013 -- shows were at 8:30 and 10:30 on both formal and non-formal nights. Whereas in the Caribbean, the shows had been at 7:00 and 9:00 on smart casual nights, and 8:30 and 10:30 on formal nights.

Thanks for your replies. Don't think we will chance it. Hate wandering around after dinner with nothing to do. Holland America makes it work for late diners don't know why Celebrity can't.

I agree with your preference for after-dinner shows. That is one of the main reasons I prefer early seating. I would just not enjoy a show and then dinner. That is just wrong. :) I guess the other reason is that I an an early to bed type, and I would probably nod off during late dinner. :) But still, I get your point completely about having to go to an early show before dinner. Yuck. I would just skip it.

The times of the shows on Celebrity ships vary enormously. To find out what times they are you need a reply from the people actually doing the same itinerary on earlier sailings.

We has sailed on 7 ships in the past 4 years. The shows were 7.30 and 9 pm on the summit even on formal nights. 7.30pm, 9pm and after dinner i.e. 8.30 and 11pm on formal nights on the Eclipse from Southampton and Miami. 8.30pm and 11pm put back to 11.15 pm on the Solstice from Barcelona. A mixture on the Eclipse around the Baltic as shows were put back due to excursions eg Russian dancers at 10pm in St.Petersburg and German musicians entertaining guest in the Oceanview on return from Berlin.Celebrity put on an excellent German buffet as a lot of cruisers came back too late for dinner. 7.30pm and 9pm and 8.30pm and 11pm. for the welcome aboard and meet the Captain, and formal nights on the Iceland/Norway sailing.

However there is plenty of other entertainment throughout the evening. There are bands, and classical quintets, jazz pianists,solo singers and Acapella groups. Celebrity central has comedians and game shows etc. Most Solstice ships have shows in the grand foyer on a couple of nights and dancing under the stars or classical concerts on the lawn.

Don't get me wrong I am not necessarily a Celebrity cheerleader and think that each cruise line has different strengths when it comes to entertainment i.e. nobody does Theatre as well as Cunard with their extracts from plays however I would have thought the only way to avoid being entertained on a Celebrity ship would be to remain in your cabin.

Out of interest what else does HAL provide?

Thanks for your replies. Don't think we will chance it. Hate wandering around after dinner with nothing to do. Holland America makes it work for late diners don't know why Celebrity can't.

If you haven't sailed with Celebrity for a long time you may not be

aware of this, but they now offer "Select Dining" which is their

version of "Anytime Dining". You can dine whenever you want and

see the show without wandering around with nothing to do.

If you haven't sailed with Celebrity for a long time you may not be

aware of this, but they now offer "Select Dining" which is their

version of "Anytime Dining". You can dine whenever you want and

see the show without wandering around with nothing to do.

Show times do change day to day. I agree that taking "Select Dining", you choose what time you want to eat each night in the MDR and take in which show you want.

Archived