Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

And I'm guessing the side of the hull is blue too?

Yup.

[Ok, so it's just an excuse to show another recent photo by a visitor to Hall 6 of course! :D ]

eebcfb7ed2ad49511fd769b73873cc8d.jpg

Thanks Lloyd. Looks like they are starting to remove those white cover sheets and getting close to float-out. Amazing how fast it all happened!

As Brian notes the inside is still a mystery and would be nice if RCI shared some internal shots.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Yup.

[Ok, so it's just an excuse to show another recent photo by a visitor to Hall 6 of course! :D ]

Another nice shot. You seem to be the master of finding shots. We haven't seen any good shots of the first balconies on either side. Booked cabin 10116 and still not sure what the structure surrounding it looks like. Any chance you would know of a good recent shot?

Thanks for the photos! Nice to see that one again there are pool deck supports that are blocking the balcony views for what looks like two decks. Thought we were safe on deck 12 but not anymore. No chance of switching rooms with the. Current prices!

Yes, I was disappointed to see the supports. We're on deck 12 too, and it appears that there might be some blocking of the view. It's hard to tell though.

Another nice shot. You seem to be the master of finding shots. We haven't seen any good shots of the first balconies on either side. Booked cabin 10116 and still not sure what the structure surrounding it looks like. Any chance you would know of a good recent shot?

10516 on the starboard side is directly on the opposite side of ship from 10116. The structure surrounding it ill be the same of course. This is a close-up photo from a short while ago. Sorry if I already posted this (or something like it?).

10516's balcony is in the small 'nook' right below the bridge wing, below the grey 'stripe' of the wall.

9ca4002d9f6c1b0b9979c9f855fe07c1.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Yup.

eebcfb7ed2ad49511fd769b73873cc8d.jpg

Nice photo! Did you spot the aft block (with the conference center, concierge lounge and suites) peeking out from behind the blue structure?

Are you going to start cabin spotting like you did in the QN Facebook group!? :D

This cabin is on the corner of the hump toward front of ship. It is the one with the porthole in addition to the sliding glass doors. The balcony is wrap around - 259 square feet - hope to see a shot of that soon also. And when oh when will we see some interior pics. Patience - I know.

10516 on the starboard side is directly on the opposite side of ship from 10116. The structure surrounding it ill be the same of course. This is a close-up photo from a short while ago. Sorry if I already posted this (or something like it?).

10516's balcony is in the small 'nook' right below the bridge wing, below the grey 'stripe' of the wall.

9ca4002d9f6c1b0b9979c9f855fe07c1.jpg

Thanks Lloyd. Looks very similar to the concept art, no railing, lol. Royal Caribbean always makes the first balconies a mystery. The concept art leaves it up in the air as to if it will have a slight obstruction, an extended width, or a regular balcony with an empty space next to it. Hopefully we'll get a good shot or updated concept art soon. When we booked a similar cabin on the Oasis they were showing Freedom Class style balconies with an extended glassed in area while the final delivery was a standard balcony with an empty space next to it. They don't even show a balcony this time though.

attachment.php?attachmentid=318959&stc=1&d=1405081338

1631825810_ScreenShot2014-07-11at8_19_48AM.jpg.3709313822881dcc03cafd6e1e6fd1bb.jpg

This cabin is on the corner of the hump toward front of ship. It is the one with the porthole in addition to the sliding glass doors. The balcony is wrap around - 259 square feet - hope to see a shot of that soon also. And when oh when will we see some interior pics. Patience - I know.

We’ll have to count on RCI website for interior photos.

If I were to come across any, I wouldn’t want to jump the gun and post them before RCI has a chance to do their reveal of the interior.

Of course, I’m not a patient man, so they’d better hurry! ;) Any RCI employee reading this: I’m just kidding!! Hope you like all the exposure that this thread is giving to the Quantum of the Seas! :D

Heck, I felt weird about posting those photos with the Quantum signage! I thought that maybe RCI was going to tweet something. They didn’t. Actually, there hasn’t been any new photos in a while... . Mind you, RCI is doing us a favor by posting construction photos. They don't have to do it.

Edited by Lloyd555

RCI should give you a free cruise for all the marketing you've done for them Lloyd. The exposure alone has to be worth at least a free unlimited drink package.

Thanks for posting all the pictures.

Edited by Phoenix1949

RCI should give you a free cruise for all the marketing you've done for them Lloyd. The exposure alone has to be worth at least a free unlimited drink package.

Thanks for posting all the pictures.

A free cruise!? Why that would be as great as an upgrade from my teeny inside studio cabin with its virtual tv screen. Ha! :) :) :)

No, really, it would.

Edited by Lloyd555

Lloyd - if I'm ever on a cruise with you, I'd buy you a drink (assuming you didn't already have the package).

Thanks for all you do on this thread.

BTW - if you haven't seen this video of the Allure dry dock repair process yet, it's quite interesting.

Thanks again

Lloyd - if I'm ever on a cruise with you, I'd buy you a drink (assuming you didn't already have the package).

BTW - if you haven't seen this video of the Allure dry dock repair process yet, it's quite interesting.

Thanks again

Geez. Thanks! Im glad to be able to share these pics that have been taken by all those lucky visitors to Meyer Werft, and by some of the citizens of Papenburg Germany. Thanks to RCI for giving us two great lookin' ships to view... and cruise on soon!

Thanks again

I just watched the video. It was interesting. Edit: OK, so it was COOL!

I was on the last cruise before she went in for repair. Nice to see what they did with her. Thanks again for sharing!

Edited by Lloyd555

Thanks again

I just watched the video and it was really great.

Thanks again

Hadn't seen that video before, thanks for sharing. Really enjoyed it. Nick Weir is becoming the new face of Royal Caribbean and the sort of symbolic changing of the guards moment with Ken Rush was rather humorous. No idea what purpose Ken Rush may have served during this process but Nick Weir did a great documentary on the Celebrity Reflection and now this shows that RCCL sees him as a great resource to use for documentaries so the odds are looking pretty good that we may get a Quantum documentary from him. Unlike the many that air on TV his always seem to really get across the fact that these things are ships and not just a construction site.

We’ll have to count on RCI website for interior photos.

If I were to come across any, I wouldn’t want to jump the gun and post them before RCI has a chance to do their reveal of the interior.

Of course, I’m not a patient man, so they’d better hurry! ;) Any RCI employee reading this: I’m just kidding!! Hope you like all the exposure that this thread is giving to the Quantum of the Seas! :D

Heck, I felt weird about posting those photos with the Quantum signage! I thought that maybe RCI was going to tweet something. They didn’t. Actually, there hasn’t been any new photos in a while... . Mind you, RCI is doing us a favor by posting construction photos. They don't have to do it.

GREAT exposure! A lot of nice photos of the two cruise ships in this thread. We haven't exposed any secrets as far as I can remember. Just brought together a bunch of photos that are already available on the web. :) Cruise Critic members have been posting these type of photos for a long time now. Without minions, however. :D

From what I can tell there's a lot of people who are seeing a ship build for the first time and are intrigued by it. I've never followed the construction of a ship and have enjoyed it. Thanks to everybody for posting. And like others, I am ready for interior photos and renderings now!

July 11 2014 visitor photos

Similarities

Anthem of the Seas' forward cabin block in line with that same area on the Quantum of the Seas in Hall 6.

9a474c3eb9128faf4fa3185cc3e1b78f.jpg

Differences

Can you spot the differences between the actual ship and the rendering?

ed6e827836120ec2008da3621c8a31f9.jpg

Thanks to my niece Linda for the Sesame Street-like comparison theme idea. :rolleyes:

Edited by Lloyd555

Thanks to my niece Linda for the Sesame Street-like comparison theme idea. :rolleyes:

The Royal Caribbean logo on the side looks different! I wonder if it will be different or just is not finished yet...

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

July 11 2014 visitor photos

Similarities

Anthem of the Seas' forward cabin block in line with that same area on the Quantum of the Seas in Hall 6.

9a474c3eb9128faf4fa3185cc3e1b78f.jpg

Differences

Can you spot the differences between the actual ship and the rendering?

ed6e827836120ec2008da3621c8a31f9.jpg

The starboard side of Two70? The fitting on the edge of the glass windows around the last Lifeboat.