Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Oops. I meant to say the chart's bottom two rows' 2nd column for the third ship of the chart. And with Quantum class on the brain, I forgot about any other cruiseline's ship. :rolleyes:

As for Tough as leather's concern about the second column for rows 7-9, I can see why. Row 7 is blank. Row 8 has a black silhouette (black represents what?). Row 9 is blank.

Just a guess here on rows 7 and 9. Row 7 is blank because those blocks in row 6 are "complete" and will be floated out. First mini float out. Row 8 new Anthem blocks in black are assembled (very similar to row 3 of Quantum also in black). Row 9 second mini float out. Then Quantum just about ready for float out. Perhaps black represents new blocks being added per milestone.

The subject of two mini float outs was brought to our attention by HD1080ide around the time of Anthem keel laying and the confusion it created for some of us. See page 32 post 640

Quote:

I have new information from the Meyer Werft concerning the blocks of the Anthem in front of the Quantum:

They build two swimming parts of the Anthem in front of the Quantum (one after another). After the Float Out of the Quantum, they will float in these two parts.

Maybe we will see two Anthem "mini float outs"?

End quote:

Hope I followed the right rules of posting above.

I think the black means that it is work to be done in that time period and blank means they haven't started to assemble that part of the ship yet. The block might be completed, but not put into place and welded.

Just a guess here on rows 7 and 9. Row 7 is blank because those blocks in row 6 are "complete" and will be floated out. First mini float out. Row 8 new Anthem blocks in black are assembled (very similar to row 3 of Quantum also in black). Row 9 second mini float out. Then Quantum just about ready for float out. Perhaps black represents new blocks being added per milestone.

The subject of two mini float outs was brought to our attention by HD1080ide around the time of Anthem keel laying and the confusion it created for some of us. See page 32 post 640

Quote:

I have new information from the Meyer Werft concerning the blocks of the Anthem in front of the Quantum:

They build two swimming parts of the Anthem in front of the Quantum (one after another). After the Float Out of the Quantum, they will float in these two parts.

Maybe we will see two Anthem "mini float outs"?

End quote:

Hope I followed the right rules of posting above.

Sounds about right. Thanks for the explanations.

ChalkboardFormulaSmall1.jpg

;)

Edited by Lloyd555

Next Monday is a religous festival day in Germany, most factories are closed. I think the next webcam update will not comming before Tuesday.

Ahhh, i was wrong. It´s only a religous fetival day in south Germany. In the north they have to work. Maybe we´ll see on Monday a new webcam pic:).

Sorry,

(great first message in this board :D )

Edited by Steff79

Ahhh, i was wrong. It´s only a religous fetival day in south Germany. In the north they have to work. Maybe we´ll see on Monday a new webcam pic:).

Sorry,

No worries, we all have one every now and then and we continue to share and ask questions.:)

Since you are in Germany you may see the webcam update (if any) before most of us in the States wake up. Hopefully we start the new year with a nice wow.

Sorry,

They have to work. :D

2014_01_06_H6_W466.jpg

2014_01_06_H5_W466.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

More impressive looking Quantum class blocks heading to Meyer Werft.

Last week we saw images of the bulbous bow, now this video shows the block that will sit just behind that and the block that contains the well for the Anchor.

Pretty soon, she'll be whole :-)

:D

I'm thinking that it's likely this Quantum of the Seas block that will go just behind the bulbous bow. It was built in a Bremerhavener shipyard (Lloyd-Werft?) to be shipped to Meyer Werft.

We'll likely see it in a YouTube video soon. :)

Quantumblockatlocation_zps798c11dd.jpg

Photo courtesy B. Schneider

Edited by Lloyd555

A nice close-up of a Quantum class bulbous bow.

1948897.jpg

I'm thinking that it's likely this Quantum of the Seas block that will go just behind the bulbous bow. It was built in a Bremerhavener shipyard (Lloyd-Werft?) to be shipped to Meyer Werft.

Geez! All these photos and videos of the blocks that'll help form the bow of the ship coming together at the same time in this forum. Dope!

Wow, that's a nice shot. Never knew they put the thrusters in this early, thought it would be installed in the ship towards the end. Any idea how far away this is from the actual shipyard?

I asked the photographer about the shipyard. According to the photographer, the shipyard where this photo was taken is BVT Brenn in Bremerhaven. It is about 120 km from Papenburg by land.

MAP_zpsd5e2f208.jpg

Darn. I was partial to Lloyd-Werft for some reason. :rolleyes:

Edited by Lloyd555

This is really cool. Thanks for sharing. The last few pictures and video are more impressive than the updated webcam today.

I was just able to finally look at the video. Very impressive looking blocks.

amSeehafen has figured out which tug boats are used by the BVT Brenn shipyard in Bremerhaven, and has 'tagged' them. When they are on the move, she'll be notified by a ship-spotting website. If there are any blocks being delivered to Meyer Werft from them, we may see a video.

My co-worker just called me a geek.

That's Mister Geek to you, buddy! :mad:

My co-worker just called me a geek.

That's Mister Geek to you, buddy! :mad:

There is nothing wrong with being called a geek. I have been called a geek and gadget guy. Bill Gates is a geek and look where it got him.

Some photos from none other than Adam Goldstein, President and CEO of Royal Caribbean!

Check out his blog post:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/connect/blog/the-importance-of-shipyard-visits/

They don't appear to be recent, but they're good photos nonetheless. Thanks, Adam!

Note: You can leave a comment after the post. Here's your chance to say something about the Quantum class builds, folks!!

Edited by Lloyd555

Some photos from none other than Adam Goldstein, President and CEO of Royal Caribbean!

Check out his blog post:

They don't appear to be recent, but they're good photos nonetheless. Thanks, Adam!

Note: You can leave a comment after the post. Here's your chance to say something about the Quantum class builds, folks!!

the paint looks like the same blue as the oasis class ships in that bottom left pic.

What the heck. May as well include this as a post.

Mock-ups for Quantum of the Seas at Meyer Werft

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/video/381/focused-on-designing-wow-designers-review-mock-ups-for-quantum-of-the-seas/

Nice! Compared to what we've seen since the initial announcements, today they're flooding us with information!!

I'm not sure we can handle much more :rolleyes:

Check out his blog post:

From Adams blog in the section he talks about Oasis III, last paragraph, is there a hint for a ship name from the reserved trademark list, “Passion of the Seas”? More speculation right.

“I suppose when something is going to come into existence with its own unique name, everyone involved is going to feel a lot of passion for it. Our new ships certainly fit that bill.”

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

From Adams blog in the section he talks about Oasis III, last paragraph, is there a hint for a ship name from the reserved trademark list, “Passion of the Seas”? More speculation right.

“I suppose when something is going to come into existence with its own unique name, everyone involved is going to feel a lot of passion for it. Our new ships certainly fit that bill.”

Would be nice if they would confirm if the 4th oasis is going to happen.

Would be nice if they would confirm if the 4th oasis is going to happen.

Honestly, I would like to see another smaller class ship built before a 4th Oasis Class. But with how much the public, media and RCCL love the Oasis Class, it's probably not out of the question that a 4th would be built. They do have the option for it. But they also had an option for a 4th Freedom Class vessel that never was.

Wonder if they could excersize the rights to that option in the future? :rolleyes: lol