Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Hello,

here is an update of the "Quantum of the Seas", seen in the shipyard at Papenburg this week.

18251862mh.jpg

Check out in my video:

Greetings from Germany.

Thanks, Dji77n. Great video.

I've been following you on YouTube. Just watched your Sonne conveyance video. Like it!

Edited by Lloyd555

Great video! Exactly 8 months from today I will be stepping across the gangway at Cape Liberty. :-)

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Edited by DKNYC

Cool. They are way bigger than I thought they were.

It's not the 1st time someone said those were zip lines. These lines run to the what I finally figured out is the staircase and loading/docking area for the North Star. I had to look at these images of this spot - a mock-up and these screen grabs from the RCI promotional video to get it :rolleyes:.

You can see tiny triangular flags on the lines as well. Not zip lines. :D

quantum-of-the-seas-northstar-mockup_zpsa3b92880.jpg

NorthStarloading_dockingarea2pics_zps389fa393.jpg

Those look like solar powered LED deck lighting in that bottom photo, not flags. I also don't think there are any zip lines on the Quantum class.

Eric

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Those look like solar powered LED deck lighting in that bottom photo, not flags. I also don't think there are any zip lines on the Quantum class.

Eric

So what is the square thing for then ??

You can clearly see stairs up to it from the inside i n one of the renderings

Control room ??

So what is the square thing for then ??

You can clearly see stairs up to it from the inside i n one of the renderings

Control room ??

The square box-like structure (at the edge of the glass roof) appears to be the loading/docking area for the North Star. It is at the top of the access staircases (that show up in one of the Instagram photos load shared a few days ago).

Edited by Tough as Leather

Load? Lloyd maybe :)

Sent from Lloyd's mobile phone

OOPS! Sorry Lloyd.

BTW, here's a nice video about Meyer Werft while the NCL Breakaway was under construction:

The best part about the video?! You get to see the employees use the tall blue permanent scaffolding. Even the big boss Bernard Meyer uses one during the tour. :D

OOPS! Sorry Lloyd.

BTW, here's a nice video about Meyer Werft while the NCL Breakaway was under construction:

The best part about the video?! You get to see the employees use the tall blue permanent scaffolding. Even the big boss Bernard Meyer uses one during the tour. :D

No prob!

Nice video. We may see a video with Quantum of the Seas like this one some day.

Anyhow, some new photos with just one of a different view for a change. (Meyer Werft needs to put viewing window on other walls! We could get different views of the ship(s)).

May12toBEBusinessNetwerkEnschede_1_zpsd63063a4.jpg

May12toBEBusinessNetwerkEnschede_2_zps3419e4d6.jpg

May12toBEBusinessNetwerkEnschede_2_zps3419e4d6.jpg

I think this is the back of Hall 5.

May12toBEBusinessNetwerkEnschede_0_zps9a28d867.jpg

Photos by toBE Business Netwerk Enschede (a business club)

I noted with some amusement, the notice at the bottom of this page...

http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/schiffe/kreuzfahrtschiffe/royal_caribbean_international/anthem_of_the_seas/anthem_of_the_seas_1.jsp

It's says:

"A third quantum-class ship has been ordered from the shipyard and is scheduled for delivery in 2016."

RCI is feeling very confident with this much shipbuilding! I hope all works out well.

I came upon 3 cool photos of the NCL Breakaway.

One is of a cabin with an ocean view window under construction.

I think that Lloyd will like the other two since he - the visual guy - wants to see something like them from the Quantum class. They show the inside of the NCL ship before the cabins are installed (assuming this is a cabin deck). I don't think that we can see from one end of the ship to the other because of the (fire?) walls unfortunately.

Robert10C0iroBla17E0evi1070NCLship_frontfacingcabin_zps302ab328.jpg

Robert10C0iroBla17E0evi1070NCLship_longcavernlikeareabeforecabinsinstalled_zps3f1db6e0.jpg

Robert10C0iroBla17E0evi1070NCLship_longcavernlikeareabeforecabinsinstalled2_zps6018243b.jpg

So, Lloyd? You like?

I came upon 3 cool photos of the NCL Breakaway.

One is of a cabin with an ocean view window under construction.

I think that Lloyd will like the other two since he - the visual guy - wants to see something like them from the Quantum class. They show the inside of the NCL ship before the cabins are installed (assuming this is a cabin deck). I don't think that we can see from one end of the ship to the other because of the (fire?) walls unfortunately.

So, Lloyd? You like?

First off. Yes, I like the last two pictures. many thanks for posting!

Secondly, thanks for bolding the ship name so that it stood out. I thought it was Quantum photos for a second. Almost peed myself. :D

Edited by Lloyd555

Lucky us. Another video from Meyer Werft. A visitor recorded a visit made May 12th.

Some screen grabs from shipspotter81's video:

Up to date with the webcam image. :D

ScreengrabfromMay12visitvideo_1_zps9764e6a8.jpg

ScreengrabfromMay12visitvideo_7_zpsd6b768d5.jpg

ScreengrabfromMay12visitvideo_9_zps109366c6.jpg

ScreengrabfromMay12visitvideo_3_zps573534dc.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Am going to love seeing the huge hunk of Anthem being moved out so Quantum can get out of the building dock. I am surprised they have gone as high building Anthem as they have. Definitely not how ships were built when my father was doing it.

Am going to love seeing the huge hunk of Anthem being moved out so Quantum can get out of the building dock. I am surprised they have gone as high building Anthem as they have. Definitely not how ships were built when my father was doing it.

Sorry if this has been answered before: do we know when MW are floating out the partial Anthem build? I seem to remember hearing it was well before the August date for Quantum's official float out.

Sorry if this has been answered before: do we know when MW are floating out the partial Anthem build? I seem to remember hearing it was well before the August date for Quantum's official float out.

Some time around end of May. Should be interesting to watch.