Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Agree with you there!

Boarded up SeaPlex window may be a sign of imminent move outside...

Looks like they are using every inch of the building dock where Anthem is, seeing how close she is to the float-out gate. Thanks for sharing these great photos.

Edit: Interesting about the boarded up SeaPlex window. There is still a lot of glass that will be exposed but maybe will be covered with those white sheets.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

I can't believe how quickly Anthem is coming along. Is it just me, or is it a lot quicker than Quantum?

I'm totally thrilled with those pictures of the modular staterooms a couple pages back. For some reason, I'm fascinated by those.

Random question - does it look like 270 goes back a lot further than the 2-story loft suites, so that the people in the loft suites on the back of the ship are actually going to be seeing the top of 270 when they look down? That's what it looks like to me, but y'all know I'm notoriously bad at figuring out what I'm looking at. We have friends who paid a pretty penny for one of those, and if it was me, I'd be pretty bummed to be paying all that $$$ and not get to look down at the ocean.

I can't believe how quickly Anthem is coming along. Is it just me, or is it a lot quicker than Quantum?

I'm totally thrilled with those pictures of the modular staterooms a couple pages back. For some reason, I'm fascinated by those.

Random question - does it look like 270 goes back a lot further than the 2-story loft suites, so that the people in the loft suites on the back of the ship are actually going to be seeing the top of 270 when they look down? That's what it looks like to me, but y'all know I'm notoriously bad at figuring out what I'm looking at. We have friends who paid a pretty penny for one of those, and if it was me, I'd be pretty bummed to be paying all that $$$ and not get to look down at the ocean.

The lofts do not look down on the ocean. If you look at the concept art or visit http://quantumoftheseas.com you will see that Two70º does in deed stick out farther and their is a shelf like area above it that is not used. No idea why RCCL has left such a prime space vacant but at least they can be assured at this point that no one will be down their and able to look up at them even if they can't look strait down at the ocean.

The lofts do not look down on the ocean. If you look at the concept art or visit http://quantumoftheseas.com you will see that Two70º does in deed stick out farther and their is a shelf like area above it that is not used. No idea why RCCL has left such a prime space vacant but at least they can be assured at this point that no one will be down their and able to look up at them even if they can't look strait down at the ocean.

It's been noticeable from the start when there were just renderings that anyone looking down from the loft suites would have a nice view of the Two70 roof. Looking out, they'll have a great view of the ocean though. :o

quantum-of-the-seas.jpg

d56735a8a9df4ef0fd0178aafdc6b29a.jpg

It's been noticeable from the start when there were just renderings that anyone looking down from the loft suites would have a nice view of the Two70 roof. Looking out, they'll have a great view of the ocean though. :o

Oh yeah, totally obvious in those photos. i guess i just never paid attention before - those suites are a little rich for my blood. :p looking forward to visiting our friends who are staying in one, though! it does seem like a random area to keep empty - that's prime real estate!

Hardly Random . More like good egineering if you need to keep two70

pillar free .

It is also not a bad location to mount solar panels if needed. With the claims of Quantum's energy efficiency and the extensive use of them on the Oasis Class, it would not surprise me if they placed some on the roof of Two70.

Eric

It is also not a bad location to mount solar panels if needed. With the claims of Quantum's energy efficiency and the extensive use of them on the Oasis Class, it would not surprise me if they placed some on the roof of Two70.

Eric

Putting solar panels on the roof would probably demand more structural support. Solar Panels aren't light.

There's nothing on the aft Two70 roof because it's all glass. The only weight they really have to account for is snow, which can be removed quickly. Think of it as a steel awning. Most of the roofs support is on the FWD end of Two70. More weight = more stress. More stress = more structural support = pillars blocking views.

Eric

I'm not sure they'll use them much. They had a band over the inside pool area of the Solstice class and said they worked well. On the Oasis they then decided to install them all over the rood of the viking crown lounge, but then on the Allure they didn't for some reason. Not sure why they wouldn't have unless they found them to be ineffective or failing quickly. What ever the reason was I wouldn't be surprised if it also limited their use on Quantum.

Edit: In this picture you can see the black panels covering the VCL on the Oasis in the back while the Allure only has about 4 or 5 right in front.

Frommers-names-Oasis-of-the-Seas-and-Allure-of-the-Seas-amongst-Best-Cruise-Ships-of-2011-665x443.jpg

Edited by DEIx15x8

When Allure came out she didn't have that many solar panels, however a few month later they installed more solar panels. Now Allure is like her sister.

This picture was taken by me as I left Fort Lauderdale on a Sunday after disembarking the Allure earlier in the morning.

ImageUploadedByForums1401499598.932089.jpg.ee09558efecfa0a84175a273b87b3046.jpg

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Do we know if there will be any live cam of this?

Maybe, the Meyer Werft will set a live cam on their website (?)

Originally, I planned to make my own live stream. But because of the bad cellular broadband internet at the shipyard, it is almost impossible. I am working on a solution and still need some more days or weeks. I hope that it will work until the Quantum floats out.