Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Although it does look like it in the photo - what with that extended piece of metal frame - I don't think that they are enclosing the area above the bridge wing. All that metal work above the wing appears to be part of the Solarium glass wall.

b64eede7cc4f493e3e0a3f9806959289.jpg

Agree with you there, but it doesn't mean they haven't made minor changes since they produced those original renderings. Take for example the bow windows in that picture you have....they are now round like past ships.

This is the best closeup of that area that we have seen yet. Wonder what is being hidden in there. Hmmmm!

I'm liking this rendering of a ocean view area on the deck of the Costa Diadema. Maybe not the roof, but the layout is nice.

costa-diadema.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

I'm liking this rendering of a ocean view area on the deck of the Costa Diadema. Maybe not the roof, but the layout is nice.

costa-diadema.jpg

I have to agree that that is very cool and what a view one would have getting a drink or snack from there. Hopefully that trellis thing on Quantum will prove to be cool as well if we ever see it.

Tweeted today by Royal Caribbean PR

#QuantumoftheSeas watching over #AnthemoftheSeas' progress at the shipyard #BuildingaCruiseShip

A view of the first Anthem megablock that we haven't seen yet.

BqlK35CCcAI7y7l.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Tweeted today by Royal Caribbean PR

#QuantumoftheSeas watching over #AnthemoftheSeas' progress at the shipyard #BuildingaCruiseShip

A view of the first Anthem megablock that we haven't seen yet.

BqlK35CCcAI7y7l.jpg

One of the best views of the bow that we've seen as well. With this class meant for harsher climates I wonder why they chose to expose the equipment they've been trying to protect that past few generations.

Someone in my November 2 roll call took a photo of this fold-out from a Quantum brochure.

Still got the forward facing windows wrong. :D (Mind you, I don't know how old this brochure is)

apy8u3e5.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Someone in my November 2 roll call took a photo of this fold-out from a Quantum brochure.

Still got the forward facing windows wrong. :D (Mind you, I don't know how old this brochure is)

apy8u3e5.jpg

I noticed that and wondered if that 'superstructure' was going to still be added, as the current rendering on the RCI website still shows this, with the round windows inside the superstructure.

I also wondered if the outdoor area shown in previous photos, with deck chairs on the bow, with the walkway going out to the helipad was going to be a crew or public area.

I noticed that and wondered if that 'superstructure' was going to still be added, as the current rendering on the RCI website still shows this, with the round windows inside the superstructure.

I also wondered if the outdoor area shown in previous photos, with deck chairs on the bow, with the walkway going out to the helipad was going to be a crew or public area.

I think it would look great if the front of ship under the bridge looked like the rendering, but those look like balconies to me in the image. The windows would have to be doors instead, and be horizontal as opposed to at an angle as they are. I'm thinking that what we see, is what we're going to get. :D

Now if you want to start speculating about the bottom row of openings in that area ...

ae85b3ddf5978a6fed4cd383bede097e.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

I was wondering if those go out to a crew sun deck there or if that is below that area. I know when I did the 'behind the scenes' tour on Oasis, they had crew recreational areas and bar under the helipad and wondered if that would be the same.

I saw when earlier rendering that showed lounge chairs in the area right where those openings were.

I was wondering if those go out to a crew sun deck there or if that is below that area. I know when I did the 'behind the scenes' tour on Oasis, they had crew recreational areas and bar under the helipad and wondered if that would be the same.

I saw when earlier rendering that showed lounge chairs in the area right where those openings were.

If we don't find out before the maiden voyage, I'll be sure to head that way on November 2 to find out. I'll snap some photos and post as soon as I get back from the cruise!!! Any other spots we're curious about?!!!

Looks like she is getting whiter. Hard to tell but the hull looks bluer as well. Must be getting closer to floating her out. She's really looking like a complete ship now.

Scheduled float out is August 3rd. We'll find out if they're ahead of schedule if she comes out before then!

Finally some visitor photos of the Anthem MEGABLOCK and regular blocks.

I've seen many photos lately of just the Quantum. One visitor took photos of a model ship inside the visitor hall, and not any of the real ships in hall 6. Blasphemy! :eek: That would be like visiting the Eiffel Tower for the first time and snapping photos of just the plastic towers in the gift shop! ;)

f739f87beb939eea3c9709353925a472.jpg

a00b9c483aea04cf20c25c588a0cff6c.jpg

13d2a51b77d1f245e40b4b48b912d00a.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Looks like she is getting whiter. Hard to tell but the hull looks bluer as well. Must be getting closer to floating her out. She's really looking like a complete ship now.
Yes, I noticed that. I wonder if she'll have a blue hull like the Oasis class ships...