Australian SLANG words for our Overseas visitors!

Which part of Australia do you people live in? Not South Australia I'm thinking.

Struts love, when I lived in Adelade in thr 70'S every second bloke and shiela spoke like all my cobbers on these posts particularly on the beach over from the Seacliff Pub.. So spit the silver spoon ,put on your glad rags and hit the pier with the in crowd.:

My sister gave me one of those Darwin Stubbies for my 40th birthday. Like an idiot I forgot about it, 10 year later I opened it, awful, bad, ruined, all of the above, down the sink it went. So the 70's one would be a sink job. What a waste of amber nectar, but some blokes I know would slurp that Darwin Stubby through an Afghan's underpants, LOL.

that's colourful, there some things you can't unread:eek:

OK from the 70s probably undrinkable, but remember they found a bottle in Egypt from BC that was drinkable [probably had a lot of honey in it].

Personally I wouldn't open it anyway, might be a collectors item soon. They're already listed for $20 on some sales sites.

But then again how much would 2 lts cost today what's that about 6 tinnies.

OK from the 70s probably undrinkable, but remember they found a bottle in Egypt from BC that was drinkable [probably had a lot of honey in it].

Personally I wouldn't open it anyway, might be a collectors item soon. They're already listed for $20 on some sales sites.

But then again how much would 2 lts cost today what's that about 6 tinnies.

Better off keeping it as a collectors item, I think the beer will be off.:D

Just a thought as the stubby is 2 lts it is after '74 probably after '77.

I have the exact same one as Cassamanda - mine is from November 1988 - :D How do I know that? I wrote it on the inside flap of the box - yes....it's still in the box :p

Edited by dizzy1948

Depending on just how old and how it's been stored it might be fine.

No floaties in the beer, it is remarkably clear and the cap is not rusty. Has been standing in the corner of the bar for most of its life. Dont have the box for mine so guess it will be worth a bit less.

Dont intend opening it though.

Darwin has just the right climate to sink a few of these with ya mates in the arvo.

No floaties in the beer, it is remarkably clear and the cap is not rusty. Has been standing in the corner of the bar for most of its life. Dont have the box for mine so guess it will be worth a bit less.

Dont intend opening it though.

Darwin has just the right climate to sink a few of these with ya mates in the arvo.

Yes the hotter it is the easier they go down without to much effect.:D

I don't remember hearing this among the Aboriginal folks I sat with on a bus. I did hear some slang among the non-Aboriginals.

Good thread! I love the evolution of language and the fun of slang.

The indigenous communities would all have their own slang words and phrases and while some may be similar to others, they would all vary.:D

• 4 weeks later...