Nachi Coccum

hazeleyes35

Quick question: My husband and I booked Nachi because we wanted a relatively quiet, relaxing beach day for our wedding anniversary.

Someone on our roll call said they are going with a group of about 40 people to Nachi. I hope this doesn't sound rude, but do we have to worry about it becoming too loud or "party-like" knowing there will be a big group of people together or is there enough room to spread out/not be right on top of a big group?

Quick question: My husband and I booked Nachi because we wanted a relatively quiet, relaxing beach day for our wedding anniversary.

Someone on our roll call said they are going with a group of about 40 people to Nachi. I hope this doesn't sound rude, but do we have to worry about it becoming too loud or "party-like" knowing there will be a big group of people together or is there enough room to spread out/not be right on top of a big group?

There is a limit on the amount of people they let in per day. There is also signage specifically stating that a "spring break atmosphere" is not allowed. There is also a fair amount of room, and if you want to move to the other side, I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem.

I know about the daily limit of people. However, with a big group going together that takes up almost half that limit, I was worried about it being not necessarily too crowded just too "party-like" with a big group of people all together.

I just needed reassurance. Thanks.

Edited by stl_figment

Nachi limits their capacity to 100 visitors daily, which makes the environment quite enjoyable. Their beach is pretty expansive; there wasn't anything close to 100 people the day we were visiting. In fact when my family of 6 was there in May, our closest "neighbor" was several feet away. Not only is there the beach area at Nachi Cocum, but a private pool area as well. Plenty of space for everybody to be comfortable.

We are looking forward to our 5th time at Nachi on August 21. Love the place as it's so peaceful with no loud music blasting. The food is plentiful with no shortage of adult drinks.

Pictures attached is from last year when we were at Nachi. It was very unusual as we were the only 4 people for the day. We had the best service ever.

IMG_1321.jpg.2d14bf65f7a58ec9078a3977ccbb1743.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg.7d8d9fe152870e0e841769e190f29e8b.jpg

IMG_1327.jpg.5fc23ab1ccbad91532e50a1adcd063cc.jpg

PB200384.jpg.6e8b18bf0e9da6bb1720b5c355756737.jpg

PB200376.jpg.840f004579a1fed615ecd7e43799aea3.jpg

Edited by onejeepster

Can you rent floating mats to use in the pool or ocean there? If so, how much and for how long? Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

My memory on prices may have been clouded by the multiple Dirty Monkeys and Margaritas, :o but I seem to recall $7 from an earlier visit and maybe $8-10 more recently, and you can keep the mat for as long as you stay at Nachi.

My wife and I went to Nachi Cocum on 7/29, and it was one of the best if not the best excursions I've done. The food was really good, and the beach is really nice and private. Highly recommend, and thanks to cruise critic for the recommendation.

I have booked here for the day we are in Cozumel, it will be myself and my two sons 14 and 11. When I booked it I was probably thinking more about how much I would enjoy being here, but now I'm wondering if the boys will be bored? Should I have booked somewhere that is geared more towards family/kids? I just liked that this place only takes 100 people per day, so it won't be overcrowded. Anyone that has been here, what are your thoughts?

I have booked here for the day we are in Cozumel, it will be myself and my two sons 14 and 11. When I booked it I was probably thinking more about how much I would enjoy being here, but now I'm wondering if the boys will be bored? Should I have booked somewhere that is geared more towards family/kids? I just liked that this place only takes 100 people per day, so it won't be overcrowded. Anyone that has been here, what are your thoughts?

NC has water activities you can purchase such as snorkeling and jet skis. I will be honest and say when I was there before, I don't remember seeing kids. I've read other posts that Mr. Sanchos is another popular AI that families have gone to. It depends on what you all want to do. I think they would enjoy NC however, if they are looking for other kids to hang out with, they may not find many.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Nachi is not the kids hangout.....Mr Sanchos is. Also beach snorkeling not much. They offer a snorkel trip that lasts around an hour and goes to a couple reef areas. It was $35pp when we were there in Jan. we didn't do it but overheard some people adjacent talking about it when they returned.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

IMHO you should cancel, eat the loss of deposit, and head to Mr. Sancho or Paradise Beach with your 14 and 11 year old.

My 14 year old will visit Nachi Cocum for the fourth time in November. It's one of our families favorite spots. He has never been the only kid on the days we have been there. He loves the swim up bar for real coca colas and frozen strawberry daiquiris ( virgin of course). We have booked the wave runners and banana boat once we were there which provides a teenager with some excitement. We will probably do the snorkel trip in November.

I just booked for myself for Oct 21st!! There are 2 other ships in port- Carnival Conquest and a Princess ship. I am not sure how busy it will be since my ship does not dock till 11. I hope I dont get there and have to share a space with someone and be far away from the beach... I want to be able to relax and have me time!!

I just booked for myself for Oct 21st!! There are 2 other ships in port- Carnival Conquest and a Princess ship. I am not sure how busy it will be since my ship does not dock till 11. I hope I dont get there and have to share a space with someone and be far away from the beach... I want to be able to relax and have me time!!

None of the spots at Nachi are far away from the water unless you choose to sit by the pool. You will not be forced to share a space - just let your waiter know where you prefer to be located. Two ships is a very light load for Coz - enjoy! :cool:

• 2 weeks later...