Nachi Coccum

hazeleyes35

OK, finally reserved Nachi Cocom for 6 people today, and am I glad that there were available reservations for the 5/18 Navigator of the Seas sailing! I was hoping that I hadn't waited too late; it turns out that Allure of the Seas is in port same day. I'm excited.

Just one question...can I use my credit card there to pay the balance due? :confused: I hate carrying around a bunch of cash.

Yes on CC but have been told they have card reader "issues" on occasion and CC won't work. We brought balance in cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

OK, well thanks for the heads-up. I guess I'll carry cash this time...the last thing that I need is to ruin a relaxing day with a credit card problem.:rolleyes:

What's the going rate for tipping the waiter for the day? Sounds like you keep him hopping most of the time.

I typically tip the waiter about 15-20% of our admission fee (so about $10 per person) and a few extra bucks to the bartenders who put up with me practicing my Spanish while at the swim up bar.

OK, finally reserved Nachi Cocom for 6 people today, and am I glad that there were available reservations for the 5/18 Navigator of the Seas sailing! I was hoping that I hadn't waited too late; it turns out that Allure of the Seas is in port same day..

I'm on the Allure that week, and my group of six will be at Nachi that day as well. See you there! :cool:

I'm on the Allure that week, and my group of six will be at Nachi that day as well. See you there! :cool:

What day are you in Cozumel? I booked for six also arriving 5/20

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

What day are you in Cozumel? I booked for six also arriving 5/20

Hi xrayjng! Both the Allure AND Navigator will be docked in Cozumel on 5/23. What ship are you on for 5/20?

Yep erries-

We'll see ya' there. Sure is nice to not have to worry about more than 100 folks at a time at the Nachi Cocom beach!

Sure is nice to not have to worry about more than 100 folks at a time at the Nachi Cocom beach!

That's one of the (many) great things about Nachi -- no matter how many ships are in port that day, it won't be crowded. And after sharing the Allure with 6,000 people all week, I'll be ready for a mostly deserted beach!

Hi xrayjng! Both the Allure AND Navigator will be docked in Cozumel on 5/23. What ship are you on for 5/20?

Vision leaving fort lauderdale 5/17. Key west & Cozumel. A 5 day cruise.

I visit Nachi in December on celebrity. Really enjoyed it there.

Just got back from our 6th trip to Nachi last Friday.

Great as always.

Carlos was our waiter this time, and he was hopping with it being the full 100 people.

DW and I arrived at 8:30AM, and as usual, were told, no problem, pick our spot and come back up and pay at 9AM. :D

Our group wound up with a table poolside and half a palapa right near the pool. (rest of our group had a dolphin excursion at 8:30, then came to Nachi)

Apparently very few had had a Miami Vice before and our constant cries for a fresh Miami Vice started a run on them.:)

Nachi must have had a storm recently, as there was quite a bit of seagrass on the sand and a worker with a wheelbarrow cleaning it up all day.

I counted the palapas and after a few years of additions, there are 30 palapas with 4 loungers under each, so indeed enough for the 100 person limit. (not counting the 20+ plush loungers poolside, the 2 pool beds and 3 poolside tables with 6 chairs each)

Also about 50 loungers stacked in the trees behind the massage hut.

I also took pictures of the entire place (AGAIN) and made sure to take pictures of the floats and water toys and both sides of the price list for the toys. (Have to get them uploaded to my computer, but just got home a few hours ago and really need some sleep)

Our 4 newbies loved the food and wondered why there were so many seats in the restaurant. (since they have plenty of seats for 100)

I had never noticed until my Uncle with bad knees pointed it out, but there are zero handrails, anywhere on the premises. (6 trips to Nachi and never noticed)

None on the pool stairs, hot tub, stairs to beach, anywhere.

So I wanted to point that out for anybody thinking of bringing a mobility impaired person. (plus the super soft sand you sink into)

If anyone has any questions while things are still fresh or I can post pictures to answer feel free...

Just got back from our 6th trip to Nachi last Friday.

Great as always.

Carlos was our waiter this time, and he was hopping with it being the full 100 people.

DW and I arrived at 8:30AM, and as usual, were told, no problem, pick our spot and come back up and pay at 9AM. :D

Our group wound up with a table poolside and half a palapa right near the pool. (rest of our group had a dolphin excursion at 8:30, then came to Nachi)

Apparently very few had had a Miami Vice before and our constant cries for a fresh Miami Vice started a run on them.:)

Nachi must have had a storm recently, as there was quite a bit of seagrass on the sand and a worker with a wheelbarrow cleaning it up all day.

I counted the palapas and after a few years of additions, there are 30 palapas with 4 loungers under each, so indeed enough for the 100 person limit. (not counting the 20+ plush loungers poolside, the 2 pool beds and 3 poolside tables with 6 chairs each)

Also about 50 loungers stacked in the trees behind the massage hut.

I also took pictures of the entire place (AGAIN) and made sure to take pictures of the floats and water toys and both sides of the price list for the toys. (Have to get them uploaded to my computer, but just got home a few hours ago and really need some sleep)

Our 4 newbies loved the food and wondered why there were so many seats in the restaurant. (since they have plenty of seats for 100)

I had never noticed until my Uncle with bad knees pointed it out, but there are zero handrails, anywhere on the premises. (6 trips to Nachi and never noticed)

None on the pool stairs, hot tub, stairs to beach, anywhere.

So I wanted to point that out for anybody thinking of bringing a mobility impaired person. (plus the super soft sand you sink into)

If anyone has any questions while things are still fresh or I can post pictures to answer feel free...

I was wondering what are the four courses available? Is it two app, one entree and one dessert?

Any food pictures that you can say what each item is?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by dizneydawn

It appears that many of you have been to Nachi multiple times! For those of you who are repeat visitors, what is the best time to arrive at the beach for the best pick of seats/palapas? The Navigator is scheduled to dock at 7:00 a.m., and I want to spend as much time at the beach as possible! :cool:

It appears that many of you have been to Nachi multiple times! For those of you who are repeat visitors, what is the best time to arrive at the beach for the best pick of seats/palapas? The Navigator is scheduled to dock at 7:00 a.m., and I want to spend as much time at the beach as possible! :cool:

They do not open until 9am local time I believe. Just get there soon after.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There are a few reviews here mentioning that they arrived about 8:30 and were told to pick any seat they wanted; official check-in, payment, wrist bands and drinks do not start until 9:00.

I'd enjoy breakfast and then get off the ship about 8:00 Coz time, grab a cab and be there before 9:00.

This was the 2nd time we arrived early, before the "official" opening at 9AM.

Knew Nachi was sold out 45-75 days before our day there and both RCCL ships and the Epic had docked before we had.

We were the 2nd group to arrive Friday and literally had our choice of spots.

I'd say by 10AM, all of the palapas close to the pool area were gone and most of the front row of the beach were gone.

Amazingly, most of the pool area, including the 2 pool beds, which usually go fast, were available until 11:30-noonish.

Hope that helps narrow it down for you.

Basically if you really desire a certain area, make sure you arrive as close to opening as possible.

Edited by bguppies

I was wondering what are the four courses available? Is it two app, one entree and one dessert?

Any food pictures that you can say what each item is?

Thanks!

Sorry but I am not a picture taker of food...

I think techinically, it is a 3 course meal. (but I know I frequently say 4 course also) With a basket of chips and salsa first.

But Carlos kept asking if we wanted more of anything else, after we had ordered all of our apps and main courses.

We usually order different apps and split them between our group.

I ALWAYS order the beef fajitas for my main course.

I still have yet to make it to desert with the amount of food we get each time. (was really trying this trip too.)

Was curious this trip, as my Uncle, who has lived in San Antonio for 30+ years was along and is used to eating great Mexican food there.

He said the food was outstanding and one of his dishes (sorry I forget which) was the best he has ever had.

Bill

Edited by bguppies

We enjoyed Nachi earlier last month, great beach day, very relaxing. Yes, the meals come with a basket of chips and salsa - we have been twice and have not yet eaten dessert because we were just too full! The food is fantastic. Also, don't be alarmed when you see the prices on the menus - you are not being charged extra for any of the items; the prices are just there for when they allow walk-ins on some days (?) (as explained by our waiter, in broken English).

Everyone, enjoy your day. :)

Counting down the days til our party of 6 arrives. Hope Josef is still there, and can be our waiter. He was great last time always there to refill a drink or two. Looking forward to chips salsa and guacamole !!

I think it's so interesting that so many people mention not making it to dessert. We've only been there once, but now that I think about it, I don't think we had dessert either; the food was awesome, and the portions were big. Maybe everyone's sweet tooth is satisfied by all the fruity drinks?

When we're there in May, I'll be about halfway through my pregnancy. I'm already eating everything in sight, so maybe I'll be the first to make it to dessert. :p

We have spent the day at Nachi on three different cruises and have another planned for November. We ALWAYS leave room for coconut ice cream!!! A delightful way to end the meal - even if I only have room for a spoonful.

Save room for the flan!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app