Nachi Coccum

hazeleyes35

It helps to have spelled it correctly! LOL So far so good. I will keep my fingers crossed!!

Just got the email back from them: All full:(

Any suggestions for a nice beach day? We have been to Paradise Beach dozens of times. Looking for something new.

Just got the email back from them: All full:(

Any suggestions for a nice beach day? We have been to Paradise Beach dozens of times. Looking for something new.

Try Mr. Sanchos next door maybe.

Maybe Playa Palancar to the south of Nachi.

Sadly no other club in Cozumel has the 100 person limit that makes Nachi so amazing.

Looking forward to this in september. Our cruise friends recommended it and we reserved today. Sounds marvelous as we prefer a quiet beach and drinks to excursions and partying.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 using Forums mobile app.

What about in 2 weeks? Is Cozumel same CST as the US now?

Mexico follow DST the same as the rest of the world has always observed.

As of Sunday morning, their time will be the same at US Central time.

Not the BS DST the US has observed since Bush's great idea of a month earlier and later.:rolleyes:

After reading all the great reviews I booked Nachi Cocom.

I was wondering is it safe to have ice cubes in your drinks? It's the drinking water ok?

Do we need to worry about getting a stomach bug?

Thanks

Lynn

Been 5 times, with a sixth trip to Nachi in 9 days.

I have a delicate "stomach" and have never (knocking on my desk) had a problem yet.

I believe all of the western side beach clubs use purified water for their ice and water.

Bill

I was wondering is it safe to have ice cubes in your drinks? It's the drinking water ok?

Thanks

Lynn

Why would you want to water down a perfectly good drink with ice? :p

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 using Forums mobile app.

Thanks

Lynn

All of the tourist beach clubs and restaurants in Coz use purified water; I've never had any issues at Nachi or other places (although the 12th margarita on my last trip might have had something wrong in it :o)

Edited by JohninDC

Just back from Cozumel, Mexico...

The last time we were here we took a horseback tour "through the jungle and visited Mayan ruins". Translation: we rode two emaciated horses through the woods and visited a small pile of rocks.

This time we were hoping for better and settled on an all-inclusive resort to chillax. But which resort? A very helpful Cruise Critic member summed up the choices this way: Relaxing beach day = Nachi-Cocom. Party atmosphere = Mr. Sanchos. Kid friendly = Playa Mia or Paradise Beach. If you want snorkeling, Chankanaab or Money Bar is your spot.

Since 5 cruise ships were in port (about 10,000 passengers and crew), we booked this one early; and we chose Nachi-Cocom because we wanted to relax and they limit their resort to only 100 visitors per day. The US$55 per person charge includes lounge chairs under a Palapa (natural umbrella), hammocks, all you can drink (open bar including: beer, liquors, cocktails, water, wine, sodas, juices and bottled water), and a 4 course lunch served a la carte at your leisure. Bring towels from ship. Taxi is $16 each way for up to 4 passengers. A 5th passenger is $5 more. (Then it gets ridiculous if you have 6 passengers. 6 - 8 passengers is $32). Nachi Cocom is a nice facility with a beautiful beach. Service was good. Drinks and food were excellent. I also enjoyed a 45 minute massage for $50 plus tip. They have a pool with a swim-up bar, hot tub, and a pier. My wife said she'd like to come back here the next time we're in Cozumel.

Picture: http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/nachi-cocom.jpg

More "Secrets of the Caribbean": http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/caribbean-secrets.html

First-hand information on excursions we've taken in 24 Caribbean ports. With photos!

Just back from Cozumel, Mexico...

The last time we were here we took a horseback tour "through the jungle and visited Mayan ruins". Translation: we rode two emaciated horses through the woods and visited a small pile of rocks.

This time we were hoping for better and settled on an all-inclusive resort to chillax. But which resort? A very helpful Cruise Critic member summed up the choices this way: Relaxing beach day = Nachi-Cocom. Party atmosphere = Mr. Sanchos. Kid friendly = Playa Mia or Paradise Beach. If you want snorkeling, Chankanaab or Money Bar is your spot.

Since 5 cruise ships were in port (about 10,000 passengers and crew), we booked this one early; and we chose Nachi-Cocom because we wanted to relax and they limit their resort to only 100 visitors per day. The US$55 per person charge includes lounge chairs under a Palapa (natural umbrella), hammocks, all you can drink (open bar including: beer, liquors, cocktails, water, wine, sodas, juices and bottled water), and a 4 course lunch served a la carte at your leisure. Bring towels from ship. Taxi is $16 each way for up to 4 passengers. A 5th passenger is $5 more. (Then it gets ridiculous if you have 6 passengers. 6 - 8 passengers is $32). Nachi Cocom is a nice facility with a beautiful beach. Service was good. Drinks and food were excellent. I also enjoyed a 45 minute massage for $50 plus tip. They have a pool with a swim-up bar, hot tub, and a pier. My wife said she'd like to come back here the next time we're in Cozumel.

Picture: http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/nachi-cocom.jpg

More "Secrets of the Caribbean": http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/caribbean-secrets.html

First-hand information on excursions we've taken in 24 Caribbean ports. With photos!

Thank you for the review. I'm seriously considering Nachi for our next cruise. Can you tell me if there is any snorkeling here?

Thank you.

Thank you for the review. I'm seriously considering Nachi for our next cruise. Can you tell me if there is any snorkeling here?

Thank you.

No beach with a nice snady bottom and any wave action will offer good snorkeling - the waves and sand cloud the water and there are no rocks & reefs for the little fish to hide in. You can find great snorkeling from the shore at The Money Bar - but no AI and no beach. :(

Nachi does offer a snorkel excursion for about $35, taking you to a couple of good snorkel spots on the reef; a year or so ago the folks next to us were very happy with it - I was happy to sit in the shade and enjoy another margarita or three. :p

Can you tell me if there is any snorkeling here?

We were there two years ago, and my husband rented snorkel equipment -- not the excursion that takes you out to a reef in a boat, just the snorkel and fins and goggles. I don't remember the exact price, but it was relatively cheap -- I'm thinking probably $10-15? He found a small reef with TONS of fish inside the roped off area where you're allowed to swim, and he spent almost literally the entire day out there, floating around and exploring it. The few times he let me use the gear while he took a break, I was able to swim down among the fish, with them going right past my goggles in front of me. For someone who hasn't done much snorkeling (only two other previous excursions on other islands), it was pretty incredible. Now this was two years ago, so I don't know if that area is still like that, but we're booked to go back in May... and my husband has his own equipment this time. :cool:

One more thing we noticed about Nachi Cocum last week--the price for their water activities was pretty cheap compared to other places.

We rented a jet ski for my daughter and niece. It was $60 for half an hour. Two days later they wanted to rent one again at Sea Grape. beach in Grand Cayman and it was $150 for half an hour!! Needless to say, I'm glad we did it at Nachi!

I just reserved Nachi-Comon! Based on everything I have read, this seems like the spot if you're looking for a relaxing day on the beach. I like the fact that it is limited to the first 100 people per day! All you can drink, a four course lunch and plenty of activities (for a fee) to choose from, how can you go wrong; right? We shall see if Nachi-Cocom lives up to the hype! June cannot get here fast enough! I repeat, June cannot get here fast enough!!!!!

We are going August 24th. Was going to go to Mr Sanchos...recently read alot of negative reviews. Main reason I decided against Mr Sanchos was their limit for max # of people is 450 and there are 5 ships in port that day. Nachi Cocom is only 100! Already booked

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

Mr sanchez is visible from nachi - she might see the fun inflatables in the water. If I were bring my child I'd go to mr. Sanchos.

I definitely would NOT. When I was at Paradise beach, the inflatables are really a bit far out if you cant swim, and really not for small kids (under 10) Also, there were some out there who had too much to drink, and falling off the inflatables, on top of kids.