Nachi Coccum

hazeleyes35

I have friends who have been trying to make a reservation for an upcoming cruise and have not been able to get the website to load for the last few weeks. I have been trying this morning to no avail. My reservations are already made so I have emailed them to see if I can get them reserved. Has anyone been successful in getting reservations via email?

Rachel

I have friends who have been trying to make a reservation for an upcoming cruise and have not been able to get the website to load for the last few weeks. I have been trying this morning to no avail. My reservations are already made so I have emailed them to see if I can get them reserved. Has anyone been successful in getting reservations via email?

Rachel

I made my reservation last night with no issues. Hopefully they get thru!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/

$55 covers -

100 person limit each day. (to me, worth the $55 by itself)

All you can drink, alcohol or non-alcoholic.

4 Course Meal.

A lounger on the beach or poolside. (usually 4 loungers under each palapa on the beach) , 2 beds poolside.

Hot tub attached to the pool.

Swim up bar, next to the hot tub.

Everything is covered except massages, parasailing, snorkel excursions, etc...

Hope that covers it.

If you want a relaxing beach day, Nachi is the spot.

If you want a bit more of a party atmosphere, Mr. Sanchos is your spot.

If you want kid friendly, Playa Mia or Paradise Beach is your spot.

If you want snorkeling, Chankanaab or Money Bar are your spot.

Bill

Bill- Thank you!!!!

Marthkat75

Just got back last month. Since 5 cruise ships were in port (about 10,000 passengers and crew), we booked this one early; and we chose Nachi-Cocom because we wanted to relax and they limit their resort to only 100 visitors per day. The US$55 per person charge includes lounge chairs under a Palapa (natural umbrella), hammocks, all you can drink (open bar including: beer, liquors, cocktails, water, wine, sodas, juices and bottled water), and a 4 course lunch served a la carte at your leisure. Bring towels from ship. Taxi is $16 each way for up to 4 passengers. A 5th passenger is $5 more. (Then it gets ridiculous if you have 6 passengers. 6 - 8 passengers is $32). Nachi Cocom is a nice facility with a beautiful beach. Service was good. Drinks and food were excellent. I also enjoyed a 45 minute massage for $50 plus tip. They have a pool with a swim-up bar, hot tub, and a pier. My wife said she'd like to come back here the next time we're in Cozumel.

There were few children at this resort when we were there. However, it did appear as if they were having a really good time in the water. Bring snorkel gear to keep them busy (although this isn't really a snorkel beach). I saw a pair of kids buy masks at the souvenier shop there.

More "Secrets of the Caribbean": http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/caribbean-secrets.html

First-hand information on excursions we've taken in 24 Caribbean ports. With photos!

Does everybody pay their balance in cash at Nachi Cocom? I had thought about paying via credit card, but I think that I'd rather leave that card locked in the safe in my cabin. Absolutely, DON'T want to lose/leave it at the beach... :(

Does everybody pay their balance in cash at Nachi Cocom? I had thought about paying via credit card, but I think that I'd rather leave that card locked in the safe in my cabin. Absolutely, DON'T want to lose/leave it at the beach... :(

We have always felt more comfortable paying off the balance as well as tips in cash -- I typically bring an envelope with exact change for the balance and then more cash for tips, cab drivers, and other costs (floating mat rentals, shopping on the pier, anything else my wife wants, ...).

We have always felt more comfortable paying off the balance as well as tips in cash -- I typically bring an envelope with exact change for the balance and then more cash for tips, cab drivers, and other costs (floating mat rentals, shopping on the pier, anything else my wife wants, ...).

Thanks, that kind of what I was thinking. There will be six of us traveling together, and I understand that the current taxi rate is $32 for 6-8 people (highway robbery in my opinion, but WTH...it's vacation). How much do you tip your taxi drivers?

Thanks, that kind of what I was thinking. There will be six of us traveling together, and I understand that the current taxi rate is $32 for 6-8 people (highway robbery in my opinion, but WTH...it's vacation). How much do you tip your taxi drivers?

That is $32 total - not per person.

How much do you tip your taxi drivers?

For good service I tip cab drivers about 15-20%, so on a $32 fare I would probably add $5-6; cabs in Coz are fairly well regulated (something I cannot say about Philadelphia! :mad:)

We were there about three weeks ago and had absolutely no problem using credit cards.

There were 7 of us and we squeezed into a minivan taxi for $32 total each way. When we were ready to go we told the bartender near the entrance and he called a cab for us. The cab arrived in less than 3 minutes. The driver told us that a lot of cabs wait at a nearby hotel so it is never a problem getting one in a hurry.

For all you people headed there--you are going to LOVE it!!! It was our favorite excursion by far. The food was outstanding, especially the chips and guacamole and fajitas. My husband loved his grilled shrimp too. We swore we would save room for dessert but just couldn't fit it in. Too many tropical drinks I think.

Just as an FYI-- if you have teenagers they automatically serve them drinks with alcohol unless you tell them not to. My 17-yr old daughter and 16-yr old niece ordered pina coladas at the swim up bar and were given ones with rum. They never asked for any type of ID. In their defense, the girls could have ordered virgin pina coladas and didn't.

If you are at all interested in wave runners, it was $60 for two people for half an hour. A couple days later in Grand Cayman it was $175 for two people flor half an hour. HUGE difference!

Edited by Jeafl

We were there about three weeks ago and had absolutely no problem using credit cards.

There were 7 of us and we squeezed into a minivan taxi for $32 total each way. When we were ready to go we told the bartender near the entrance and he called a cab for us. The cab arrived in less than 3 minutes. The driver told us that a lot of cabs wait at a nearby hotel so it is never a problem getting one in a hurry.

For all you people headed there--you are going to LOVE it!!! It was our favorite excursion by far. The food was outstanding, especially the chips and guacamole and fajitas. My husband loved his grilled shrimp too. We swore we would save room for dessert but just couldn't fit it in. Too many tropical drinks I think.

Just as an FYI-- if you have teenagers they automatically serve them drinks with alcohol unless you tell them not to. My 17-yr old daughter and 16-yr old niece ordered pina coladas at the swim up bar and were given ones with rum. They never asked for any type of ID. In their defense, the girls could have ordered virgin pina coladas and didn't.

If you are at all interested in wave runners, it was $60 for two people for half an hour. A couple days later in Grand Cayman it was $175 for two people flor half an hour. HUGE difference!

Jill, thanks for your insight. Although our group of six doesn't include any minors, that's good information to know regarding the drink policy. I am SOOOO looking forward to our time at Nachi during our cruise. I've e-mailed back and forth with them about their activities, and it appears likely that we'll indulge in some waverunner and parasailing activities. They both seem reasonably priced at $60 for two. Excited!!!

By the way, I see you're in Crystal Lk IL...not too far from Southeast Chgo where I am!

We were there two years ago (going again next month!) and also did the jet skis. We had a little bit of trouble getting started because it kept stalling out, but we were still really close to shore, so the guy who helped launch us just yelled instructions until we got it going again. It was totally worth the price (and as others have said, way cheaper than anywhere else). The water was unbelievably clear, even as far out as we went, and the area where we were allowed to ride was big/long enough for us to feel like we were leaving the resort and striking out on our own a little. We periodically crossed paths with a few others riding jet skis from nearby resorts, and we would ride each other's wakes. There was only one time my husband turned too sharply and I thought for a split second we might tip. :eek: What a fun experience. I highly recommend it!

We spent last Sat at Nachi. Got there about 9:30 am as our ship didn't debark until 9am. Front row of palapas all taken, but it was ok. Carlos was our waiter. Very friendly and attentive.

I will say I was disappointed in the cocktails. I really couldn't taste any alcohol in them. hahaha Tried a margarita on the rocks, a dirty monkey, a pina colada. All ok, but I've had better.

Went up to the pool and noticed many of the people at the swim up bar were doing shots of tequila. Ok, I did one. ;-) hehehe Stuck with beer after that. Dos Equis.

The lunch was ok. We had the guacamole and salsa. I have to say I think the salsa was fabulously hot!! Loved it. The guac ok. We are guac lovers and have had it made pretty awesomely both tableside in restaurants as well as personally making it ourselves, and ours is better. :) I think we also had a mixed seafood cocktail with shrimp, scallops and octopus. It was very sweet. But, super yummy on a chip with some of the hot salsa mixed in!

For my meal, I had fried shrimp. It was butterflied and had some grill flavors on it. Pretty good. Too full for dessert. :)

Overall I did like the beach. It was a nice relaxing day away from the crowds. Only wish we had more time. Had to be back on the ship by 3:30, which just seemed too short. 9:30-3:30. Not enough time Carnival! hahaha

This will be our first time at Nachi (finally after missing our stop there in the fall!), do we need to arrive in swimsuits or is there a nice place to change if we bring a bag?

You can change in the restrooms, but we have always arrived in swim suits and then changed at the end of the day.

We always arrive in swimsuits too but bring a change of dry clothes for the end of the day. We were lectured by a taxi driver on one of our island excursions years ago about our wet swimsuits. It makes sense - the next customers may not want to sit in the wet spot we leave.

Be forewarned the Nachi bathrooms are not a spacious dressing room! It consists of 2 tiny stalls and a tiled counter area with 2 sinks as I recall. It's Mexico after all....allow a few minutes to dry off in a chaise on the beach, call your cab and throw on a coverup. You should be sufficiently dry for the short cab ride back to town.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were there on the sunshine last month. My only complaint is I wish we had more time. We choose this one as a quieter alternative. Our son is on the autism spectrum and sometimes is not a fan of loud noisy settings. This is more of a calm family atmosphere. There were a few other young kids in his age group (10-12) so he enjoyed the day too. My wife & I both loved the food. I stuck mainly to beer but did try one Pina Colada. Loved the shade of the Pampas.

Even with 6 ships in port that day ( 2 each of Carnival, Royal and Norwegian) it was still not packed..

104_3599.jpg.9b1536557dbd834f7aa8acca68fb79cc.jpg

104_3595.jpg.8eeac2e86a5674346ce204e81154d4d3.jpg

Even with 6 ships in port that day ( 2 each of Carnival, Royal and Norwegian) it was still not packed..

Limited to 100 guests per day, so it will never be packed - one of the many reasons we love the place.

We have been there three times and love it always quite and staff is always great

Sent from my XT1080 using Forums mobile app

I REEEEAAALLY appreciate the votes of confidence from all of you previous Nachi Cocum visitors. It's making me so much more excited about our cruise stop in Cozumel MX. My group of 6 is all booked and ready to go...it's going to be a great beach day! :cool: