Nachi Coccum

hazeleyes35

Can't wait.... hopefully we can find 2 other people to share the taxi with :)

Your best bet is to post on your cruise's roll call. We have sometimes gotten lucky by announcing to the cab line where we were heading and pairing up with another couple at least for the ride to the beach.

I don't remember the beach being difficult to walk on. Can anyone explain further. Too hot? Too stony?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Some have complained that it is too soft and that there is a drop-off just beyond the water line. Never been enough of an issue to cause me to spill my drink, so I would not worry about it. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

We signed up for the 19th of Nov. I can't wait. Thanks for all the information for all the people who contributed to this thread. It has made my life easier, to say the very least. For all the people that have kept answering everyone's questions I applaud you. I don't think I even have a question since everything seems to have been answered many times over. Thanks guys!!!:D

I will try to post pictures when I get back.:) Just to give back to this wonderful thread.

We signed up for the 19th of Nov. I can't wait. Thanks for all the information for all the people who contributed to this thread. It has made my life easier, to say the very least. For all the people that have kept answering everyone's questions I applaud you. I don't think I even have a question since everything seems to have been answered many times over. Thanks guys!!!:D

I will try to post pictures when I get back.:) Just to give back to this wonderful thread.

You will SOOO enjoy your experience!

I can taste the guac and chips with a delicious Margarita right now... ;)

Tease!!! LOL :D

Lovermonkey, I'm just trying to get you ready for a fantastic time...LOL! You'll have a ball!

Hey by the way, I'm in the Chi and I see that you're from Montgomery IL? Looks as though you'll be leaving at just the right time, based on the upcoming couple of week's weather predictions. :eek:

I was at Nachi on 2 occasions in the last month, Oct 21st and the 25th on my B2B cruise. I went both times becasue I had read sooooo many great things and seen so many great pictures. Now I am not one of those people that say EVERYTHING is wrong but I have to say I was under whelmed.

So the 21st I cannot count as it rained a portion of the day and then it was just gloomy and cold since I did go swim a little.

On the 25th it was sunny and georgoeus out and I was expecting an amazing day at Nachi. We were set up under a palapa that got no sun. I had to manuver my chair at angles to get some. Most sun I did get was when I went into the pool. The beach had a ledge when you walked in and as someone said it was not enough to spill thier drink, its not the same coming out, you fall onto the beach with the surf pushing you. I got scraped up a bit. Food was just ok. Had somehting different each time and it was just so so. Drinks were good.

Service was great and the people super nice but the beach, which is what I was looking for the most to this vacation left a lot to be desired. Maybe it was time of year but I dont think that would casue the lip in the beach. The water was not the beautiful Cozumel water I have always expirienced. I do not think I will ever go back there unfortunatly. Best part of the place was the pool.

Lovermonkey, I'm just trying to get you ready for a fantastic time...LOL! You'll have a ball!

Hey by the way, I'm in the Chi and I see that you're from Montgomery IL? Looks as though you'll be leaving at just the right time, based on the upcoming couple of week's weather predictions. :eek:

Yep! You got that right. It is suppose to snow on Sunday when we leave. I have heard it is suppose to snow here Tuesday but it is suppose to be a mixture of snow and rain. By the time the 19th(Cozumel time) it is suppose to be 23 degs. Sadly I heard that the forecast for Cozumel on that date is rain. Oh my....:(

I was at Nachi on 2 occasions in the last month, Oct 21st and the 25th on my B2B cruise. I went both times becasue I had read sooooo many great things and seen so many great pictures. Now I am not one of those people that say EVERYTHING is wrong but I have to say I was under whelmed.

So the 21st I cannot count as it rained a portion of the day and then it was just gloomy and cold since I did go swim a little.

On the 25th it was sunny and georgoeus out and I was expecting an amazing day at Nachi. We were set up under a palapa that got no sun. I had to manuver my chair at angles to get some. Most sun I did get was when I went into the pool. The beach had a ledge when you walked in and as someone said it was not enough to spill thier drink, its not the same coming out, you fall onto the beach with the surf pushing you. I got scraped up a bit. Food was just ok. Had somehting different each time and it was just so so. Drinks were good.

Service was great and the people super nice but the beach, which is what I was looking for the most to this vacation left a lot to be desired. Maybe it was time of year but I dont think that would casue the lip in the beach. The water was not the beautiful Cozumel water I have always expirienced. I do not think I will ever go back there unfortunatly. Best part of the place was the pool.

So sorry you didn't enjoy it. It might have been just an off day at Nachi. My group of six was there in May, and we had a terrific time. Maybe it was due to the fact that we also parasailed, banana-boated, and jet skied (sp?). It was also hotter than hades on the beach, so even under the palapas we got more than our share of sunshsine.

Well, one thing Cozumel isn't short on is beaches; they've got more than their share of them. Try one of the other beach clubs, and maybe you'll find one that works better for you! ;)

My wife and I went to Nachi this past Tuesday (Nov 11th) for the first time.

Loved it, would definitely go again.

Got there at around 9am-ish. Found a nice shaded spot under a palapa. Migrated over to the pool area in the afternoon.

Drinks were great, I basically stuck to Rum Punch and Strawberry Daquiris. Wife liked the Daquiris and Pina Coladas.

The food was good - we ordered everything at the same time, thinking we'd get the appetizers beforehand. Uhhh, no. The waiter (forgot his name, it wasn't Carlos) brought it all at once. Great food, we know for next time to order separately!

Hanging in the pool and hot tub while mingling with people was fun too.

As we went to leave, our waiter said he would get a taxi for us. As we were waiting, we saw another couple also waiting. They were going to the same place/ship (Liberty of the Seas, International Pier), so I figured we would share a taxi; they agreed. However, the person at Nachi wouldn't let us share one because each taxi that arrives is specifically there for each party. Kinda found that weird because cabs seemed to be coming and going often there. Again, we know for next time to handle it differently - maybe not have them call us one or speak to others beforehand to see if they are going back to the same place.

However, the person at Nachi wouldn't let us share one because each taxi that arrives is specifically there for each party. Kinda found that weird because cabs seemed to be coming and going often there. .

There might have been a kick back from the cab driver to the waiter involved in the transaction. :confused:

Okay... here are my questions......

1) We are wanting to book NC in late Jan. Our ship will be in port 9-4 (boo - toooo short!). I want to do a lot of relaxing so NC is where we plan on going.. But I would also like to do some shopping in town (not the port area). Would there be enough time for both? I assume shopping after NC would make the most sense. Yes? No?

2) I'm reading they offer massages. $40/30 min, $70/hour. Would my DH & I be able to have side by side massages?

Okay... here are my questions......

1) We are wanting to book NC in late Jan. Our ship will be in port 9-4 (boo - toooo short!). I want to do a lot of relaxing so NC is where we plan on going.. But I would also like to do some shopping in town (not the port area). Would there be enough time for both? I assume shopping after NC would make the most sense. Yes? No? Shopping after Nachi could make sense or could be dangerous - my bargaining and reasoning skills go way down after 10-12 margaritas! :o Taxi from Nachi to downtown will take 15-20 min - plus the time you spend shopping and the time it takes to get back to the ship; I have never been that impressed with the shopping in Coz. Your call.

2) I'm reading they offer massages. $40/30 min, $70/hour. Would my DH & I be able to have side by side massages?

You can set up side-by-side massages; I would contact Nachi in advance. Good luck! :)

Is it all you can eat off the menu?We like to snack all day.

We were there this past April. The drinks were unlimited, as many as you want. I'll attach some pics (menus and food) but the portions were HUGE and we were overstuffed but the food was great. We didn't think to ask if we could get "all you can eat" but it certainly won't hurt to ask.

Nachi Cocum menu:

IMG_1063-1.jpg

IMG_1064-1.jpg

Our meals

IMG_1093-2.jpg

DH got the enchiladas and I got the Mexican Quesadilsas and the food was great, all of it. The salsa had a bit of a bite and the guacamole was very good. Believe it or not, we at ALL of this but had a very small breakfast on the ship. We'd definitely go back to NC, it was very well worth it for the price.