Nachi Coccum

hazeleyes35

We will be visiting Nachi in April. Wondering if anyone has rented jet skis there? I believe it shows them available to rent on their website. If you rent, do you have to reserve in advance or is it something you can decide on when you get there? Planning on being a relaxing day, but a little adventure might just add to the day!

We rented one last time when we were there (NC) and had a great time. Rode past the other resorts like Mr Sanchos and Carlos and Charlies to check that stuff out. Saw some beautiful fish. Good times! We didn't reserve in advance. We just walked up and rented. Will be doing that again in May.

Edited by BrotherCraig

We will be visiting Nachi in April. Wondering if anyone has rented jet skis there? I believe it shows them available to rent on their website. If you rent, do you have to reserve in advance or is it something you can decide on when you get there? Planning on being a relaxing day, but a little adventure might just add to the day!

My daughter and niece rented them last March. They decided spur of the moment and there were plenty available. I believe it was $30 for half an hour. That may have changed in the past year though. I do remember it being cheaper than anywhere else we visited. You'll love Nachi! It was our favorite stop!

This has probably been answered in this thread, but I'll ask anyway. Is there anywhere to get a massage? I've been once, but don't remember.

Once you are settled in your chair on the beach, someone will come talk to you about options like jet skis or massages. If you are not interested, just say so and they won't bother you again. If you are, they will set everything up.

Looking into going in January with my 2.5 year old and 6 year old. Both like pools and beach time. In the event my youngest isn't potty trained...she can't go in pool with a swim diaper?

Yes they allow kids in swim diapers. Most places in Mexico do.

• 2 weeks later...

I was convinced I was going to Mr. Sanchos for our stop in Cozumel this June but now I have been swayed by these amazing reviews to go to Nachi! I love the 100 person limit and the price is the same as Sanchos.

I do have a few questions:

I used the website provided in this thread to see how many ships would be at port. Currently it shows only 2 ships. I assume this could change but how likely is that to change? If it does change, when could I check back and have a good idea of a final count, 1 month before? 1 week? I assume most itineraries are pretty set far in advance with cruises except for changes due to unforeseen circumstances.

I saw mention of tipping but didn't really get a good feel of how people tip. Do they just give their designated server a tip at the end in US cash? Should we tip the bar tenders who make the drinks separately or does the server tip out to the bar staff like at most restaurants in the US?

My only worry is weather. What if it is a wash out? Can you not go and only lose your deposit? I know there are covered areas but between the price for 2 adults and the cab there and back, not sure we would want to go if the weather is going to be bad all day. Luckily, from what I have read, it seems rains in Cozumel are usually quick to pass and the sun comes back out.

I am going back to read this thread, on page 7 and really excited to see what else everyone says. It looks PERFECT for what we want. A relaxing beach stay with food and drink for a decent price. I'd pay the $55 for just a nice beach but it sounds like the food is amazing, as well. Not a big drinker but I will try something.

I was convinced I was going to Mr. Sanchos for our stop in Cozumel this June but now I have been swayed by these amazing reviews to go to Nachi! I love the 100 person limit and the price is the same as Sanchos.

I do have a few questions:

I used the website provided in this thread to see how many ships would be at port. Currently it shows only 2 ships. I assume this could change but how likely is that to change? If it does change, when could I check back and have a good idea of a final count, 1 month before? 1 week? I assume most itineraries are pretty set far in advance with cruises except for changes due to unforeseen circumstances. Unlikely to change unless ships switch to Coz due to weather or other issues at their scheduled ports; ship schedules are set far in advance.

I saw mention of tipping but didn't really get a good feel of how people tip. Do they just give their designated server a tip at the end in US cash? Should we tip the bar tenders who make the drinks separately or does the server tip out to the bar staff like at most restaurants in the US? We typically tip our assigned 15-20% at the end of the day; other split the tip up - some at the beginning and the rest at the end of the day. Your call. I only tip the bartenders extra if I spend time at the swim-up bar practicing my Spanish - otherwise I assume they get a cut from what I tip the waiter.

My only worry is weather. What if it is a wash out? Can you not go and only lose your deposit? I know there are covered areas but between the price for 2 adults and the cab there and back, not sure we would want to go if the weather is going to be bad all day. Luckily, from what I have read, it seems rains in Cozumel are usually quick to pass and the sun comes back out. Never seen it rain in coz form ore than about 15+ minutes, so doubt you will have a rain out. Their cancellation policy is spelled out on the web site.

I am going back to read this thread, on page 7 and really excited to see what else everyone says. It looks PERFECT for what we want. A relaxing beach stay with food and drink for a decent price. I'd pay the $55 for just a nice beach but it sounds like the food is amazing, as well. Not a big drinker but I will try something.

Enjoy a Dirty Monkey for "breakfast" and the rest of your day will be just fine - enjoy! :)

I have been to Cozumel many times and I love it there. Nachi Cocum is our favorite place to go when we cruise. Here are a couple pictures.... you can see Mr Sanchos down the beach from Nachi.

Nice photos but can you make them a bit smaller?

We were there in Jan 2014. Weather was a little suspect when we docked but went anyway. We managed to have a couple beers on the beach and my daughter did a little beach snorkeling. There was obviously a storm brewing out in the Sea and by 1p it was a torrential downpour that didn't let up. The last couple of hours were miserable. You can only cram so many folks into a partially covered pool and elbow to elbow drunks just not my idea of fun anymore. We got a cab back into town and picked up a couple items we wanted for home and boarded ship. The week got no better weather wise. Missed Roatan completely and didn't bother taking tender into Belize.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have been to Cozumel many times and I love it there. Nachi Cocum is our favorite place to go when we cruise. Here are a couple pictures.... you can see Mr Sanchos down the beach from Nachi.

Nice photos but can you make them a bit smaller?

I also love the pictures, but the size really messes with my screen and I have to scroll back & forth to read all of the rest of the posts on the page!:eek:

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

The cancellation policy on their website is still not quite clear about what happens if you decide not to go. Obviously, they keep your deposit. That is clear. But, will they charge your CC the remaining balance or do they just keep your deposit and open your slot up to someone else? My only worry is weather, probably wont be an issue but it sounds like they only give back refunds if they have to close. I doubt they close except for tropical systems, even if it is pouring all day. I'd rather just stay on the boat in that situation and let them keep my $22 deposit but I don't want them charging the full balance. Anyone have experience or asked about this before?

Made our reservation tonight! This is definitely the place for us...I hope! :)

Can anyone tell me a little about the liquor choices? I don't do the super fruity frozen drinks. Do they have any liquors worth drinking or is it all super cheap well liquor? I can always stick to margaritas but I am kind of a vodka snob and would love if they had some better choices than only the cheap stuff but at an AI I would be shocked if they had anything other than the cheapest liquors.

We as well never had a problem with the drinks being weak. If they are the bartenders are happy to "fix" them for you. I got a Miami vice once and had them add a shot of rum, that did the trick;) Plus they have all kinds of Mexican Beer too.

Enjoy, can't wait to be back in 48 days!!

My wife and I were there last week (Thursday) and it lived up to our expectations. Beautiful white sand beach, water aqua blue, we had 4 lounge chairs under the little shaded hut as portrayed by previous poster above. No crowd (had to be much less than 100 people). Service top notch. On mixed drinks, they will make them as strong as you want. Food portions were huge and every bite delicious. Tipping, I tipped the server a couple US $$ every other delivery. He was happy and we benefited. Taxi for two from pier to Nachi was $17 each way. Well paved road and only took about 15 minutes. I read other posts saying the merchants there were high pressure. We only had one person ask if we wanted to rent a raft and we politely declined, never had an issue with anyone trying to hard sell us. Next time in Cozumel, I'm going back! :cool: