Nachi Coccum

hazeleyes35

In some pictures I've seen those floats for lounging in the ocean. Are these available at Nachi now? And paddle boards??? Some posts say no, but I'm seeing both in review photos.....

The floats were available our last couple of visits - I think the rental fee is about $7

Not sure about paddleboards - not something I am interested in, especially after my 4th or 5th margarita! :o

• 2 months later...
Does anyone know their cancellation policy if the weather is bad?

This is the cancellation policy from my reservation over the summer (bold for emphasis):

CANCELATION POLICIES

Your deposit at the moment of your reservation is non refundable. However in the following situations, we will do an exception (none automatic refunds will proceed, please contact us) :

1.- In the event that you Ship will not be able to visit the Port of Cozumel your deposit will be 100% refunded. (Limited to your particular Cruise not visiting the Port during your cruise).

2.- In case of an inclement weather . The policy is in effect for Hurricane only, not for lesser impacting storm or rain and just if the beach club is closed.

3.- Cancellation due to change in ships itinerary. If you already have a confirmation with us and if your ship is changing its itinerary and visits Cozumel Port on an earlier or later date, please contact us in order to re-schedule your beach break. If re-scheduling is not possible, your deposit will be refunded. Refunds do not apply to a change in arrival time.

Cancellations that do not comply with the above are not subject to refund.

This is the cancellation policy from my reservation over the summer (bold for emphasis):

CANCELATION POLICIES

Your deposit at the moment of your reservation is non refundable. However in the following situations, we will do an exception (none automatic refunds will proceed, please contact us) :

1.- In the event that you Ship will not be able to visit the Port of Cozumel your deposit will be 100% refunded. (Limited to your particular Cruise not visiting the Port during your cruise).

2.- In case of an inclement weather . The policy is in effect for Hurricane only, not for lesser impacting storm or rain and just if the beach club is closed.

3.- Cancellation due to change in ships itinerary. If you already have a confirmation with us and if your ship is changing its itinerary and visits Cozumel Port on an earlier or later date, please contact us in order to re-schedule your beach break. If re-scheduling is not possible, your deposit will be refunded. Refunds do not apply to a change in arrival time.

Cancellations that do not comply with the above are not subject to refund.

Thanks. I appreciate that information.

Try putting "royalcaribbean" in where the astrics (*******)are... sheesh I am getting real tired of cruise critic. May be time to move on to one of the many other cruise sites...

Yes, Nachi as been discussed over and over here. So let's put this one on the "highly recommend" pile. Sorry, no pics as I was there to chill the hell out and try my damnedest to get inebriated. There are plenty of pics on Trip Advisor and this-here board that properly reflect what I saw.

Also, a thank-you to those that put up with a my questions. And thank you to all on this here board that have reviewed or recommended this resort.

Was on the Brilliance for a Christmas cruise with my wife, 17 year-old son and sister-in-law. Wanted some place away from the crowds as there were to be five ships docked on the island the day we arrived. Nachi fit the bill.

We disembarked at the International Pier. After running the maze of trinket sellers we made our way to the taxi stand.

(Quick aside: big-ups to the Cozumelians for setting the price of the taxi fares. No haggling or confusion. You walk up and the fare is on a board to where ever your destination happens to be. I'm all for negotiating a good deal but cabs should be a no-brainer. And they are in Cozumel.)

Quick 10 minute drive south and we were at the gates to Nachi. We were greeted by a nice woman who took our picture (which we did not purchase) and led us inside to settle up on the remainder of our balance. DO bring a printout of your reservation BTW.

We arrived by about 11 AM. Again, thinking with five ships in port it would be at the 100 person capacity. Not so and even better. It may have been 25-30 people there all day. We were shown to a palapa with four lounges under it. Our server (whose name embarrassingly escapes me) tended to us thoroughly.

The beach is shallower than I'm use to but not an issue at all. The sand was white and clean. No rocks, trash or seaweed to be seen. The water was perfect.

There was a wedding happening the day we were there. And on top of that a surprise proposal between two people in the wedding party!

My son and SIL took advantage of snorkeling ($38 each). They had a great time and said the staff was helpful and professional. My wife received a 1/2 massage ($40).

The food was great. The ceviche and salsa was some of the best I've had. Ordered the grouper menuiere based on a recommendation from the next palapa over. It did not disappoint. My son had the seafood soup and my wife and SIL played it safe with enchiladas and fajitas. The guacamole was also great. Order the cheesecake. You'll thank me later.

The drinks are a little watered down. I expected as much. I started with beer and worked my way to mixed drinks.

The pool was nice. I didn't use it but I did use the large hot tub. Much larger than the small people cauldrons on the ships.

Cab ride back was just as easy as the one there.

All in all WELL worth the $55 fee if you want a quiet relaxing beach lay-about.

I just had my second Nachi experience last week and it didn't disappoint. The service is excellent, margaritas were strong and tasty, the food is outstanding. I will always go to Nachi when I'm in Cozumel. My kids parasailed, snorkeled and did the Banana Boats also. We were there with a group of 38 and it was mostly us with a few others.

I just had my second Nachi experience last week and it didn't disappoint. The service is excellent, margaritas were strong and tasty, the food is outstanding. I will always go to Nachi when I'm in Cozumel. My kids parasailed, snorkeled and did the Banana Boats also. We were there with a group of 38 and it was mostly us with a few others.

What did they charge per person to parasail? Thx!

• 4 weeks later...

I have been there 3x...The last 2 times, I took a group of 50 (family and friends) everyone loved it and it is certainly worth the money. Clean, polite and they really can't do enough for you! I would definitely suggest you go!

Edited by suesea63

We were there this last Friday. It was cloudy and a little cool (low 70's)and there was a lot of large waves coming ashore. But it was a lot of fun playing in the waves, and the food was excellent, as usual...ImageUploadedByForums1454893464.273880.jpg.facbdb09b066b9e13e1da9478a365a21.jpg

Edited by Raxter54

My son and SIL took advantage of snorkeling ($38 each). They had a great time and said the staff was helpful and professional. My wife received a 1/2 massage ($40).

Just wondering if you pre-booked the snorkeling or added it on once you got there? We also are arriving with several ships in port -- 7! -- and really would like to do a snorkel tour.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just wondering if you pre-booked the snorkeling or added it on once you got there? We also are arriving with several ships in port -- 7! -- and really would like to do a snorkel tour.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We did not pre-book the snorkeling. While chilling on the beach a young guy came over and offered us the additional services (massages, snorkeling, etc).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk