Nachi Coccum

hazeleyes35

We typically just wait in the cab line which usually moves fast. Some more adventurous types walk toward town and hail a cab along the street. With 6-8 and possibly needing 2 cabs or a larger van cab I would wait in line and let the expediter figure it out. Your call.

I agree, with the amount in our group, waiting sounds like a better option. Thanks again

I am very excited because some friends of ours are cruising next week and they booked Nachi. I have, of course, read all the reviews from here but it will be great to get a 1st hand account from someone I know and can speak with face to face. I will be sure to report back what they said.

I really can't recommend this place enough! We were on the Breeze last week which was fully booked. Nachi was the only day that we had where there were no crowds! Having the beach to practically ourselves was heavenly. Taxi was a flat fare of $32 or $34 for a group of 6.

The beach is nice and the water is warm. There is a reef about 15-20 feet out with friendly fish. The pool is clean and heavenly. The food was good and the drinks were as well although none were strong. Our waiter was Manuel, we tipped up front, and he kept the drinks coming constantly. This was definitely a 5 star day!

How is the snorkeling off the beach at N.C?

We were there a few days ago, and the water is pretty murky near the beach, but improves the further you go out. The really clear water is out quite a ways (300-400 yards). We recently snorkeled just off the beach at Grand Cayman and the water was clear all the way up to shore. Not the case at Nachi, but it may be better if you have less wave action than we did.

Just booked for our October cruise!! We are scheduled to depart at 4 pm...what time would you previous peeps suggest we plan to leave the Nachi to make it back on board in time?

Taxi to the pier takes about 15 minutes and the walk/run through the shops to your ship can take another 5-10+ minutes. To be safe I would be packing up and leaving Nachi by about 3:00.

We always enjoy watching the pier runners trying to get back to the ship - great entertainment from the balcony! :rolleyes:

Taxi to the pier takes about 15 minutes and the walk/run through the shops to your ship can take another 5-10+ minutes. To be safe I would be packing up and leaving Nachi by about 3:00.

We always enjoy watching the pier runners trying to get back to the ship - great entertainment from the balcony! :rolleyes:

Thank you!

Yes...we always watch the spectacle. I've seen everything from female parts flying out of bathing suit tops during the mad dash, flip flops being abandoned to run barefoot... My "favorite" was watching one family make the run of shame being the literal last ones aboard...and every family member was hoofing it down the pier...except dear ole' dad. Dad was strolling at a Sunday pace and checking his phone the entire time while his young kids screamed at him to hurry because they were going to be left. He purposefully walked as slow as he could...took him four minutes to make the walk. The ENTIRE ship watching boo'ed him the entire way. :rolleyes:

Last time I was there we made it on board with 15 minutes to spare. We were definitely drunk! It's got to be funny seeing the runners because just about everyone coming on board is completely smashed. Running or not.

I've been to Nachi several times and plan to return again in Feb 2016. It's a great beach - really quiet and Carlos is an amazing waiter. Some of the best shrimp I've ever had in Mexico. Highly recommend.

A few things to be mindful of...

Be mindful of your alcohol intake - 9 margaritas (though they be small) and 4 Tacate Rojas go down really easy, but eventually catch up with you. It's real fun until it isn't.

Even though you are under a palapa, you must apply and reapply sunscreen. the reflection from the sand is killer and you do not want to experience the special hell of a sunburned neck, earlobes, armpits, right under your chin, bottom of your nose, backs of knees, thighs, etc... and for the love of God, don't forget about your feet.

If you are not happy with your service - SPEAK UP. They will assign you a new waiter or ask that yours be more attentive to your needs. Or just holler out 'dos mas' when they walk by. Maybe toss in an 'uno agua' every now and then.

You are on a beach in the middle of nature. You must be willing to share your space with little critters. There will be spiders, ants, birds and other assorted wildlife. From experience, I don't bother them, they don't bother me. NBD But please don't squeal, throw a complete fit and disrupt everyone around you when you encounter other inhabitants of Earth. Just be cool and let someone know. They will relocate you, and/or your new friends.

The tile on the way to the potty can be slicker than snail snot, especially when you are a few margaritas in. Please be careful.

Use the Roll Call to put together a carpool - it's $20 per cab, and we can usually fit about 6 in a van.

Please tip your waitstaff. Realize that they are hard working people, just like you and even if you felt your service was sub-par, you don't always know the entire situation. And if you didn't tell someone you were unhappy, how would they know to make it right?

I've been to Nachi several times and plan to return again in Feb 2016. It's a great beach - really quiet and Carlos is an amazing waiter. Some of the best shrimp I've ever had in Mexico. Highly recommend.

A few things to be mindful of...

Be mindful of your alcohol intake - 9 margaritas (though they be small) and 4 Tacate Rojas go down really easy, but eventually catch up with you. It's real fun until it isn't.

Even though you are under a palapa, you must apply and reapply sunscreen. the reflection from the sand is killer and you do not want to experience the special hell of a sunburned neck, earlobes, armpits, right under your chin, bottom of your nose, backs of knees, thighs, etc... and for the love of God, don't forget about your feet.

If you are not happy with your service - SPEAK UP. They will assign you a new waiter or ask that yours be more attentive to your needs. Or just holler out 'dos mas' when they walk by. Maybe toss in an 'uno agua' every now and then.

You are on a beach in the middle of nature. You must be willing to share your space with little critters. There will be spiders, ants, birds and other assorted wildlife. From experience, I don't bother them, they don't bother me. NBD But please don't squeal, throw a complete fit and disrupt everyone around you when you encounter other inhabitants of Earth. Just be cool and let someone know. They will relocate you, and/or your new friends.

The tile on the way to the potty can be slicker than snail snot, especially when you are a few margaritas in. Please be careful.

Use the Roll Call to put together a carpool - it's $20 per cab, and we can usually fit about 6 in a van.

Please tip your waitstaff. Realize that they are hard working people, just like you and even if you felt your service was sub-par, you don't always know the entire situation. And if you didn't tell someone you were unhappy, how would they know to make it right?

Jessica, your post says it all. I was there about 10 days ago and lived this same experience, except without the spiders or anyone screaming. Thanks for posting!

Agree with TxJess. My two cents is this....the tile on the way to the toilets etc is beyond snail snot slick so my solution was to walk in the sand till I got even with the building and then crossed over.

Drink one water for every alcohol drink! Two water even better. Remember you don't have to "get your money's worth in booze"!

This thread made my decision, we just booked for Sept. Heck with the ruins, I am sitting on the beach and drinking.. it is our 20th anniversary that day. :)

Congrats on both your anniversary and your choice! :D

Congrats on both your anniversary and your choice! :D

thanks, I figure the ruins have been there this long.. they hopefully be there when we go back again.. because I am already thinking one cruise is not going to be enough.. so excited!!

Jessica, your post says it all. I was there about 10 days ago and lived this same experience, except without the spiders or anyone screaming. Thanks for posting!

Glad you had fun! Oh hopefully it didn't include the part about the sunburn?! Aside from Aruba (where I did the same thing - forgot about the reflection and didn't really apply anything) and floating the Comal here in Texas (I didn't apply any sunblock period) that's probably the worst sunburn I have ever had. The burn itself wasn't bad, but the location was horrid.

Agree with TxJess. My two cents is this....the tile on the way to the toilets etc is beyond snail snot slick so my solution was to walk in the sand till I got even with the building and then crossed over.

Drink one water for every alcohol drink! Two water even better. Remember you don't have to "get your money's worth in booze"!

As for the tile, it didn't seem to matter if you had shoes on or not. At least my Sperry flip flops didn't help at all. Good tip about the sand, I'll try to remember that next time.

Has anyone rented a kayak near Nachi? I know it isn't offered as one of their packages, but my friend and I would really like to try it. I remember seeing people around with them... but the drinks kept coming and my memory started to fade.

Glad you had fun! Oh hopefully it didn't include the part about the sunburn?! Aside from Aruba (where I did the same thing - forgot about the reflection and didn't really apply anything) and floating the Comal here in Texas (I didn't apply any sunblock period) that's probably the worst sunburn I have ever had. The burn itself wasn't bad, but the location was horrid.

No burn this time. I had been building up a tan for a few months leading up to the cruise, but remembered to use sunblock just in case. I know what you mean though about sunburn location. I'm near the Gulf of Mexico, and there is a clothing-optional sandbar just offshore from where I live, and I've seen some sunburned body parts that looked rather painful.

We were just at Nachi 4/16 and absolutely loved it! We had Carlos as our waiter and he was literally running up and down the beach in the hot sun waiting on people all day...he def got and earned a very nice tip! And I didn't find the drinks to be weak at all! In fact, I was afraid I just might be a participant in the "running of the drunks"!

The water was calm when we were there and loved swimming in the ocean. Hit the pool a couple times, but it got way too warm for me by the second time we took a dip. But it was a very nice pool otherwise.

The food was fantastic. I got the quac..to die for! Went for the fruit for my salad part. Too many marqaritas and don't remember my main entre! But I was full! We shared the desserts and nobody finished them but they were delicious.

I had an amazing massage on the beach! Dorita was my therapist and she was excellent...I say this from a professional view as I am a massage therapist myself...these women know what they are doing and worth every penny!

We absolutely enjoyed every minute of our day and if we ever find ourselves cruising back to Cozumel, I would not hesitate for minute to make Nachi our home for the day again!

Excited to be going in May! Let's talk cash and how much I might need. I know I need the balance, 17 for taxi each way, and some tip money! How much did you tip your waiter? Does the 17.00 taxis ride include the tip? I have to go read my receipt, but I need the balance in cash right? I'll take my own towel and float. Anything I'm missing ???

Thanks for the help.

Excited to be going in May! Let's talk cash and how much I might need. I know I need the balance, 17 for taxi each way, and some tip money! How much did you tip your waiter? Does the 17.00 taxis ride include the tip? I have to go read my receipt, but I need the balance in cash right? I'll take my own towel and float. Anything I'm missing ???

Thanks for the help.

Taxi price is just the posted rate so tip is not included. I think they took credit cards for balance at Nachi. We tipped the waiter $20 but that is up to you. Yes, bring towel & float or you will have to spend to rent. Any of the extras are also cash only like massage etc.