Nachi Coccum

hazeleyes35

Going along with JTBCruiser's report, we were also there last Thursday, and were extremely happy with our day there. 15 minute drive there and back from the International pier.

IMG_0134_zpsocaogqed.jpg

The view from my chair looking over the beach.

P1000375_zps8sd5aslj.jpg

A view from the pier towards my wife under our umbrella.

IMG_0139_zps5mnvgtzy.jpg

Our guide giving us instructions while we head out to Palancar Reef.

filter6_zps74qdnabz.jpg

Here fishy fishy fishy....

filter8_zpsxoi01pgf.jpg

Nice view of the reef...

P1000443_zpshxawfrp2.jpg

Lunch after snorkeling. DW had the chicken fajita, which she reported as excellent. My ribs were fantastic, with a sweet/tangy BBQ glaze. Had the nachos, and also came with a really fresh salsa.

With 6 ships and over 20,000 passengers in port that day, Nachi Cocom was a nice oasis and one of the highlights of our trip. Will definitely book again...

Wonderful pictures! Thank you.

I am hesitant to go on the snorkel excursion because of the size of the boat and the snorkel ladder. What was your impression of it? I have bad knees and limited arm strength. I can usually manage most catamarans, but have had bad experiences on smaller boats.

Wonderful pictures! Thank you.

I am hesitant to go on the snorkel excursion because of the size of the boat and the snorkel ladder. What was your impression of it? I have bad knees and limited arm strength. I can usually manage most catamarans, but have had bad experiences on smaller boats.

I do think it might cause a problem. Most of us dove or climbed over the side to get into the water. Climbing back in the boat, the rungs on the ladder, which are small and round, did hurt my feet. Not sure if they have an alternative to that or not.

Thanks for the pictures! I absolutely can't wait. I love how I went from planning to not even get off the boat in Cozumel to now it is the stop I am looking most forward to. lol Thank goodness for this site, I have learned so much!

Okay, I was at Nachi March 7... The food was excellent... service was awful for me.. There were two of us..we were given lounge chairs on the beach and were told our waiter would be there shortly.. we waited and waited.. I then had to go to the bar to ask where our waiter was... actually I had to do that more than once.. There were several large groups on the beach that day.. they seemed to be getting more of the attention.

We had pina coladas and they were very very weak...

The area landscaping and decor was not as pristine as I thought they should have been. We still enjoyed the beach, the food, the weather.

Raxter54- those photos really take me back...

That food looks SO delicious. Nachi makes the best and freshest guac and pico de gallo that I have ever tasted!

I agree. I love everything about the place. I hope they never change. Looking forward to May.

• 3 weeks later...

We went to Nachi last week for the 6th time and for the first time I was somewhat disappointed. The food and drinks were plentiful and good but our server was awful, so slow and never around. The bartender Jose was great as usual. The beach area was a unkempt and could have used a good raking. I'm ready to try something different but doubt I will as my DH and our cruise friends remain big fans.

Edited by bluecruisin

We will be here on the 14th and I sure hope our experience will be as good as the past two times......:o

Especially since there are a LOT of people on our Roll Call who will be going for the first time.....:o

I will report back when we return....

The food and drinks were plentiful and good but our server was awful, so slow and never around.

We were there for the first time on March 24th and the facility and beach were beautiful and the food was beyond excellent, but after the first drink our server was non-existent. He never came by for lunch, so we went to the restaurant area (which wasn't a tragedy, obviously) and we had to get our own drinks from the bar (again, not a tragedy) because we literally never saw him on the beach. It took almost twenty minutes to get a taxi at the end of the day because the bartender had to hunt him down for us.

It didn't mar our relaxing beach day in any way, but it certainly wasn't the level of service we were expecting. I would definitely go back again, though, it was really beautiful and peaceful even with a dozen or more kids (who mostly stayed at the pool).

Margaret

Do you remember who your waiter was. Ours was Manuel. ..top notch !

We also had Manuel. Brought us drinks when we first arrived, kept Deb refreshed while I went snorkeling, brought us menus and our food, got us a taxi. Very good service.

We were there March 31st. Manuel was our waiter also. The service was good, he was moving all day long. The facilities are nice, the food was good, drinks were good too (my wife did say the frozen drinks were a little weak on alcohol- so we asked for an extra splash and we got it).

This was a perfect place for a chill day. Nachi was at capacity today and didn't seem crowded or noisy.

Nice beach. I would go back.

We were there on the 8th. We had Carlos again and he provided us with the same excellent service he did on our previous visit. I must say though that we were talking to another couple while we were there and they had a different waiter and they said he was never around. Also, we each had a fabulous beach massage. Well worth the money!! Oh and I should add that there were only 2 ships in port that day and only 26 people there.

Edited by TJV123

How is the snorkeling off the beach at N.C?

Snorkeling off of any beach will be poor - the sand and waves cloud the water and there are no rocks/reefs for the little fish to thrive in. The snorkel tour offered from Nachi takes you out to the reefs (2-3 stops), takes about 90 minutes, costs about $35, and is reportedly very good.

We will be at Nachi in a few weeks! There will be between 6-8 of us. What is the best way to get there from a RCCI ship? And what will the approx cost be pp? Thanks!!

Cab for 4 passengers should be about $17+tip each way. If there is a van cab that can hold all of you together the fare will be about $30+ -- cab fares for various passenger loads will be posted near the cab line for your pier (there are 3 piers in Coz - write down the name of your pier BEFORE you enjoy lots of all-you-can-drink at Nachi :rolleyes:).

Thanks John for your quick reply! Was is Cozumel that I read somewhere that you could walk up into the town and get a taxi quicker then waiting in line? It may have been for another island.

We typically just wait in the cab line which usually moves fast. Some more adventurous types walk toward town and hail a cab along the street. With 6-8 and possibly needing 2 cabs or a larger van cab I would wait in line and let the expediter figure it out. Your call.