Nachi Coccum

hazeleyes35

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/ is where we have always made our reservations.

I have never had an issue with the food/drinks/ice at Nachi or the other popular beach clubs in Coz, but on our last trip I think there must have been something wrong in that 12th maragrita that affected me. :o

In an hour? Sorry, but I'm puzzled - you know it is one price for the whole day, right? You could easily spend 6 hours there so I'm afraid your comment leaves me scratching my head. :p Sure, you can spend one hour if that's what you want, but you certainly won't get your money's worth, IMO.

Just so you know, the waiter assigned to you for the day will call a cab for you when you are ready to go; no need to have the driver come back.

My husband lived in Mexico as a child and spent vacations in this area so we want to walk around town for an hour before heading to Nachi. We are planning for a full day at the beach :)

Caribbean Princess~Western Caribbean~April 2014

Celebrity Millennium~Alaska~July 2014

Celebrity Reflection~Eastern Caribbean~February 2013

Crown Princess~Western Caribbean~February 2011

We paid $18 one way and $17 on the way back.

We came off of The Norweigan Dawn that day.

I think prices are all the same in that area.

Here's a photo Mitsugirly posted of taxi rates..... they seemed they're still same to us

PC200821-L_zps17a7b554.jpg

Thank-you! This is very helpful and once again confirms why I love Cruise Critic.

Caribbean Princess~Western Caribbean~April 2014

Celebrity Millennium~Alaska~July 2014

Celebrity Reflection~Eastern Caribbean~February 2013

Crown Princess~Western Caribbean~February 2011

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/ is where we have always made our reservations.

I have never had an issue with the food/drinks/ice at Nachi or the other popular beach clubs in Coz, but on our last trip I think there must have been something wrong in that 12th maragrita that affected me. :o

LOL @ John. Thanks for the info,,,greatly appreciated and also look forward to the multiple maragrita's!

Question about food. Last time in Coz we went to Mr Sanchos and one of the things we really enjoyed was the food. They had a huge beachside grill where the food was made fresh and delivered to you. We ordered a variety of things all throughout the day. It's not like we stuffed outselves silly, but we'd have nachos, then order fish tacos which they made to order. Maybe 30 minutes later we'd try something else. Then something else. We literally ordered all throughout the day. We are not pigs...just sampled a large variety.

From everything I've read about Nachi, it sounds like you are given one opportunity to order everything you want and that's it. Is that correct? Or can you order food throughout the day?

We enjoyed Mr. S and apparently lucked out as it was a quiet day, but thinking of trying Nachi this time.

Edited by suziqz007

Question about food. Last time in Coz we went to Mr Sanchos and one of the things we really enjoyed was the food. They had a huge beachside grill where the food was made fresh and delivered to you. We ordered a variety of things all throughout the day. It's not like we stuffed outselves silly, but we'd have nachos, then order fish tacos which they made to order. Maybe 30 minutes later we'd try something else. Then something else. We literally ordered all throughout the day. We are not pigs...just sampled a large variety.

From everything I've read about Nachi, it sounds like you are given one opportunity to order everything you want and that's it. Is that correct? Or can you order food throughout the day?

We enjoyed Mr. S and apparently lucked out as it was a quiet day, but thinking of trying Nachi this time.

You can spread it out -- we've ordered an appetizer early (usually nachos) and then waited until later for lunch and later for another app -- with lots of drinks in between. Your waiter will take care of you and the portion sizes are generous.

Its four courses, but you can eat them when and where you want them.

Many folks have their food and drinks brought beach side under their palapa.

I prefer to wander up to the restaurant when I am ready to eat. (although I take my stream of drinks beachside or poolside. :D )

Your waiter will leave you a menu for your group.

Just ask him for each course, whenever you would like it.

(I've yet to make it to desert in 5 trips.)

Bill

We're going to be in Cozumel on March 18th, it looks like there is going to be 7 ships with a total of almost 21k passengers in port that day...yikes:eek:. We were going to just wing it and grab a taxi and head to 7 mile beach (probably Money Bar Beachclub) and just hang at the beach and snorkel (we have equipment).....but now that I know how many will also be in port that day I'm thinking it's probably best to make a reservation at Nachi Coccum. I have couple of questions before making the reservation, is the snorkeling good there and do we have to pay extra to snorkel if we bring our own equipment? :confused:

Is the snorkeling good there and do we have to pay extra to snorkel if we bring our own equipment? :confused:

You do not have to pay extra to snorkel from the shore, but the snorkeling there is poor -- any beach club with nice sandy bottom for swimming makes for poor snorkeling. There is a snorkel tour available at Nachi for about $35 each -- I have not done it, but the folks next to us a year or so ago seemed to be happy with the tour.

Because there is no real beach, just a sandy area for sunning, Money Bar tends not to attract the crowds. If you get off the ship early you could snorkel there for an hour or two and then spend the rest of the day at Nachi. Good luck! :)

I can't say enough wonderful things about this place. I took my daughters and my mom here last year and loved everything about it. Our favorite beach resort EVER. In fact, I asked my mom if she was up for another girls' cruise this summer and she said yes, but be sure and book nachi!

Some more pics...

cruise2013282_zpsd3be00d9.jpg

cruise2013280_zpsc3016c69.jpg

4_zps5327ea2f.jpg

3_zpsb0780a3a.jpg

2_zpsf79a6cb0.jpg

1_zps0178abe1.jpg

Edited by bluejay555

We're going to be in Cozumel on March 18th, it looks like there is going to be 7 ships with a total of almost 21k passengers in port that day...yikes:eek:. We were going to just wing it and grab a taxi and head to 7 mile beach (probably Money Bar Beachclub) and just hang at the beach and snorkel (we have equipment).....but now that I know how many will also be in port that day I'm thinking it's probably best to make a reservation at Nachi Coccum. I have couple of questions before making the reservation, is the snorkeling good there and do we have to pay extra to snorkel if we bring our own equipment? :confused:

Shore snorkeling is poor at Nachi.

Like was already said, the rockier shore at the Money Bar and Chankanaab should have better snorkeling.

Everything south of them (sandy) usually will have poor shore snorkeling.

I did the $35 snorkel excursion my first trip to Nachi and it was good. (not as good as Roatan or Grand Cayman, but good.)

They take you out to a reef pretty close to Nachi. Then out to a further reef.

Had a huge Grouper swim right under me from behind (like less than a foot below me) and scare the heck out of me.

Having a couple hundred pound fish swim out of your blind spot is freaky.

Thank you for answering my questions about snorkeling at Nachi Coccum. I think we are going to chance it and just go to Money Bar, DH really wants to spend the day snorkeling and I want to do some snorkeling and spend the rest of the time just relaxing on a lounge chair.....so Money Bar sounds like our best bet. BTW....love reading all the post on CC....I'm addicted!!!:D

Edited by NH Sox Fan

I have Nachi booked for the 3rd time in April. Was just notified by Carnival that they switched days with Progresso. I've sent 2 emails to the "reservations" address & haven't gotten a reply! Just hope they aren't booked up that day, i'd be very bummed!! Anyone have a similar situation? How long till they reply & send a new confirmation letter??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have Nachi booked for the 3rd time in April. Was just notified by Carnival that they switched days with Progresso. I've sent 2 emails to the "reservations" address & haven't gotten a reply! Just hope they aren't booked up that day, i'd be very bummed!! Anyone have a similar situation? How long till they reply & send a new confirmation letter??

Our last Carnival cruise to Cozumel, they flipped the entire itinerary a few months before our cruise.

I e-mailed Nachi and got a response that they had availability on our new day and it was taken care of.

Made sure I took a copy of the new reservation in case there was a problem. (which there wasn't)

I can't remember how many days it took to receive my response.

I would keep trying every couple of days until you get through.

(if you get no response from reservations try the sales address, and explain you've been trying reservation addy.)

Edited by bguppies

Thanks! Usually we book our cruises very far in advance. This is the first time we've booked and leave in 2 months. Just want to make sure i have everything taken care of. Patience was never one of my strong suits!!:)

Thanks! Usually we book our cruises very far in advance. This is the first time we've booked and leave in 2 months. Just want to make sure i have everything taken care of. Patience was never one of my strong suits!!:)

I'd have a hard time waiting two days for a response, so I feel you there.

Hopefully they get back soon. (but if they don't keep at them)

Quick update, i had emailed from work email & home. Came into work & had a new confirmation letter!!! We are good to go!

Thanks! Tami

Excellent news...

Hope you enjoy Nachi as much as we do...

We will!! This is our 3rd time, but first with just the two of us! Looking forward to getting out of this horribly cold winter we are having!!!

I take it you've had your fill of Polar Vortexes. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Just to confirm--I read on someone's review that you pay the balance in cash once you get there, but on the website os shows the MasterCard and Visa symbols.

Do they actually take credit cards for the balance when you get there, or only for deposits? I just want to make sure I take enough cash with me in case they don't accept credit cards.

Just to confirm--I read on someone's review that you pay the balance in cash once you get there, but on the website os shows the MasterCard and Visa symbols.

Do they actually take credit cards for the balance when you get there, or only for deposits? I just want to make sure I take enough cash with me in case they don't accept credit cards.

You pay the balance but you can also use your credit card.

We went in Feb. 2014 and had no problem paying w/ the credit card