Nachi Coccum

hazeleyes35

We were there last December. While this place is not "our" type of place, it is very beautiful, the food is awesome and the service is top notch. We had a few bloopers during the day, but no biggie.

If you want to see TONS of pictures of the place, you can click on my review in my signature line. :)

We're on the Allure of the Seas right now and just got back onboard after a day at Nacho Cocom. Fantastic beach, sea, drinks and food. We never had to leave our sunbeds, our waiter was found every 10 minutes. The Carnival Conquest was also in and there were 60 people at the resort.

We were there with a group of 10 in April. Ours was the only ship in port that day. Including our group of 10, there were 16 people total at Nachi. The food was great and service was wonderful. We will be back. So worth the price. It is a quick cab ride, clean, and secluded.

I just booked Nachi Cocom for July 30! I was super excited until I read Mitsugirly's review (LOVE LOVE LOVE your reviews, girl!) and now I'm worried about the sinking sand. Is that how it always is there? We're going because we want to have a beach experience. Anyone else have issues with the sand being difficult to walk in, or sinking while trying to wade? Ugh. It does look beautiful there, though :)

I just booked Nachi Cocom for July 30! I was super excited until I read Mitsugirly's review (LOVE LOVE LOVE your reviews, girl!) and now I'm worried about the sinking sand. Is that how it always is there? We're going because we want to have a beach experience. Anyone else have issues with the sand being difficult to walk in, or sinking while trying to wade? Ugh. It does look beautiful there, though :)

We've been several times and don't recall having any issues with the sand. The make up of the sand is different than what you may be used to on the gulf shore or other parts of FLA, but it has never been an issue for us. Good luck! :)

I've been four times, and when the tide is going out, it is tough to walk in...

But I'm 6'1" and always manage.

BTW just got Nachi booked for our next cruise in April.

Can't wait for trip #5 there.

Bill

How hard is it to find shade on the beach? Are there enough huts/umbrellas for everyone? I have super fair skin and need the shade so it might be a deal breaker. :(

Plenty of shade...

They started with about 10 palapas and have added some each time we go...

Last time we were there I believe they are up to 25-30 palapas now.

They usually put 4 loungers under each palapa, so that would be a lounger under a palapa for everyone of the 100 person limit.

They also have 2 beds by the pool with covers.

The restaurant is huge and covered.

You can also pull a lounger back under the trees to stay shaded or use the hammocks in the trees by the massage hut.

Bill

Awesome! Thank you for the photos.

You are very welcome.

Is the restaurant air conditioned?

The picture I posted above it the restaurant from the outside. It's huge and it's completely open. There is a bar under there, which backs up to the pool.

Here's a picture from inside:

PC200822-M.jpg

I'm sold on Nachi and my mouth waters from all the food pics people have put on Trip Advisor.

DW is interested in the Atlantis Submarine. I see it can be booked on the Nachi web site and when it's time you get shuttled via water taxi...

Has anyone done this combination? Any drawbacks other than missing some of the lazy downtime?

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

Thanks! I was just checking on A/C because my mother has congestive heart failure and too much excessive sun and extreme heat is not good for her. I'm just trying to make sure she'll have a place to rest if needed. We're going in October.

No problem and don't forget that there's always a pool to cool off in too. There's this ledge you can sit on pool side that go all the way across, so not like you are sitting on these tiny steps where people are trying to get in and out of. :)

PC200848-M.jpg

Thanks everyone for all the great feedback on Nachi Cocom. The 100 person limit sounds great. I do have a question. Several have stated how many cruise ships will be in port on the day their ships dock. Can someone tell me where you can find this information? Thank you!