Nachi Coccum

hazeleyes35

Maybe I'll still consider it then. The 3 we'll have with us are all potty trained (3,5,7) and they entertain themselves soooooo well.

Subject to availability, I think his parents would like to leave the youngest 14 month old at the nursery. I hope there will be availability, it would make it much more enjoyable and give the parents a break.

Looking into going in January with my 2.5 year old and 6 year old. Both like pools and beach time. In the event my youngest isn't potty trained...she can't go in pool with a swim diaper?

It has been a long time since mine were that young, but I believe the rules are the same on the ship or at Nachi - no one in the pool who is not potty trained/no swim diapers. Good luck! :)

Looking into going in January with my 2.5 year old and 6 year old. Both like pools and beach time. In the event my youngest isn't potty trained...she can't go in pool with a swim diaper?

I've never seen a main public pool that allows unpotty trained babies into the pool. (that is why they have smaller volume baby pools which are easier to clean.)

Swim diapers don't stop the poo when it comes.

Learned this the hard way with our 18 month nephew last weekend in our kiddie pool in the backyard.

He stopped splashing, made his scrunchy face and I looked down and poo was shooting out of the top of his Huggies Little Swimmers.:eek:

Quick end to that swim session.

I know if I was at Nachi, paid our $110 to use the pool and somebody got the pool closed for the day, because they took their unpotty trained little one in, I'd be beyond pissed.

Hope you get her potty trained in time for your trip...

Bill

Edited by bguppies

I was looking on website to make a reservation. RE: balance , iI would prefer to pay the balance in cash. Will they take US$

When I used Nachi Cocom they only took cash for the balance. US$ is perfect. Also bring extra for tipping your waiter at Nachi ($10 to $20 PP) and cab rides ($15 to $20 each way). Your waiter will bring you drinks and food right to your beach chair.

I suggest you plan to leave Nachi at least 90 minutes before ship's sailing. You are supposed to be on the ship 30 minutes before sailing, so that leaves you an hour. The cab ride takes about 15 minutes if there is no traffic. And it is about a 10 minute walk (give or take) from the taxi stand to the ship. Be sure to tell you Nachi waiter when you want to leave, so he can wake you up if you are napping. And remember that ship's departure time is "ship's time" which is not necessarily local time. The Nachi staff usually knows the ship departure times and makes sure you leave on time, but of course it is ultimately your responsibility to make back to the ship on time.

When I used Nachi Cocom they only took cash for the balance. US$ is perfect. Also bring extra for tipping your waiter at Nachi ($10 to $20 PP) and cab rides ($15 to $20 each way). Your waiter will bring you drinks and food right to your beach chair.

I suggest you plan to leave Nachi at least 90 minutes before ship's sailing. You are supposed to be on the ship 30 minutes before sailing, so that leaves you an hour. The cab ride takes about 15 minutes if there is no traffic. And it is about a 10 minute walk (give or take) from the taxi stand to the ship. Be sure to tell you Nachi waiter when you want to leave, so he can wake you up if you are napping. And remember that ship's departure time is "ship's time" which is not necessarily local time. The Nachi staff usually knows the ship departure times and makes sure you leave on time, but of course it is ultimately your responsibility to make back to the ship on time.

Nachi now takes credit cards for the balance. It is on their website.

Edited by dperki1

Was just there Friday! Beautiful as always!!! Cannot imagine doing anything else in Cozumel!!! Going back in November!!! The did say while we were there this time that they did take Credit cards now but we always pay in USD so I don't know if there is a charge. They also now have WIFI for a small charge ( I think they said 5 USD but not certain) and the taxi is now $16 for up to 4 people one way.

Edited by nat_mychelle

I want to book this place so badly but there are just two things holding me back:

1) The chance that we will have bad weather that day and knowing we can't cancel.

and

2) The fact neither my bf or I drink alcohol and trying to rationalize spending about $180 for the day after paying for taxi's and tips.

There will be 3 ships in port with us that day and the pictures on Trip Advisor just look amazing.

I want to book this place so badly but there are just two things holding me back:

1) The chance that we will have bad weather that day and knowing we can't cancel.

and

2) The fact neither my bf or I drink alcohol and trying to rationalize spending about $180 for the day after paying for taxi's and tips.

There will be 3 ships in port with us that day and the pictures on Trip Advisor just look amazing.

You only pay a deposit when you book and it is refundable if your ship is not able to stop at Coz.

Dh and I don't drink either and we thought we got our money's worth in food and bottled water.

I would definitely recommend it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and

If it rains, they still charge you.

The food is wonderful.

If looking for a quiet relaxing day this is the place IMO.

:)

If it rains...I will sit at the bar and drink and enjoy the rain. We are so dry here it is miserable.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

LOL - opposite here in Charlotte. It has rained the last 16 days!

We are booked for Sept. 3rd. We don't drink either but the non-alcohol pina coladas and daiquiris are great. The food is also exceptional. Compared to what some of the other excursions cost, I think you can get your money's worth at NC.

Any fees for using your credit card at Nachi?

Just got an e-mail back from them...

Dear guest

Greetings from sunny Cozumel!!

Thanks for your interest in our beach club Nachicocom.

There is non any extra fee for credit card payment.

best regards

Lidia Chávez

Reservations Deparment

Nachi Cocom Beach club

http://www.facebook/nachicocomcozumel

Just got an e-mail back from them...

Ha...I had the same thought, here was my reply from them:

Dear Denise

Greetings from sunny Cozumel!!

Thanks for your interest in our beach club Nachicocom.

There is non any extra fee for credit card payments.

best regards

Lidia Chávez

Reservations Deparment

Nachi Cocom Beach club

www.facebook/nachicocomcozumel

Lidia was probably what was going on with probably several emails about fee's for the credit card:D funny

Nachi may not charge you but check with your credit card directly. Some credit cards do charge an extra fee for "international" charges. I have Bank of America and they charge 3% if I use my card in International ports plus, I don't like the idea of my credit card number being in the Caribbean while I'm on a cruise and not having access to the internet. I prefer to use cash for both those reasons.

Nachi may not charge you but check with your credit card directly. Some credit cards do charge an extra fee for "international" charges. I have Bank of America and they charge 3% if I use my card in International ports plus, I don't like the idea of my credit card number being in the Caribbean while I'm on a cruise and not having access to the internet. I prefer to use cash for both those reasons.

I agree with you 100% about using my credit card while cruising.

I always try to figure out any expenses and have enough cash to cover everything.

I was just curious whether Nachi was tacking on any extra fees, like many places in the Caribbean do, to cover any credit card processing fees they have. (after the question was asked)

I assumed they would, but decided to e-mail them for correct info.

I would trust Nachi to be safer than random places, as the same people have been working at Nachi for all the years and our 4 trips there.

It is in their best intrest to not have any reports of overcharges popping up after using a credit card there.

Bill

I know Nachi says $55.00 drinks and meal included, is that bar drinks? or coke type drinks? for me I may drink only one bar drink, but hubs will drink a few more. so just curious as to what is actually included

thanks

I know Nachi says $55.00 drinks and meal included, is that bar drinks? or coke type drinks? for me I may drink only one bar drink, but hubs will drink a few more. so just curious as to what is actually included

thanks

If you mean by alcoholic drinks by "bar drinks" then yes they serve those as well. They also have non-alcoholic drinks. :) as much as you can handle...they have beer by the bottle as well.

thanks

I've ordered rum and cokes (too strong) lots of fru-fru drinks (Miami Vice, Pina coladas, etc...) and tons of beers. (they only have real Mexican beers, so no Corona's. ;) JK I forget if they carry Corona. When I'm in Mexico, I want to try what I can't get at every bar in the US)

He can get as many as he can put away.

Just make sure to tell your waiter you might need help pouring him into a cab at the end of the day.

Bill

I've ordered rum and cokes (too strong) lots of fru-fru drinks (Miami Vice, Pina coladas, etc...) and tons of beers. (they only have real Mexican beers, so no Corona's. ;) JK I forget if they carry Corona. When I'm in Mexico, I want to try what I can't get at every bar in the US)

He can get as many as he can put away.

Just make sure to tell your waiter you might need help pouring him into a cab at the end of the day.

Bill

Thats awesome, just wanted to make sure the only other thing we need to pay for was just the tips. he usually will drink the mexico beers, with shots of tequila mostly. he is a big guy and can usually put away alot. i will be sure before we go he eats breakfast. lol I have signed up for a 30 min massage, thats all i wanted to do and walk along the beach, take pictures and a video of the waves. maybe find some shells. stay about 4 hours. I hope its pretty in November.