Nachi Coccum

hazeleyes35

Hmmm...I had decided to book an AI in Ocho Rios, but his thread is making me reconsider! And I don't really want to do two. Decisions, decisions.

How's the shade here? I read on the site that palapas are first come, first served. Is there anything else for shade if we aren't able to get one?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Hmmm...I had decided to book an AI in Ocho Rios, but his thread is making me reconsider! And I don't really want to do two. Decisions, decisions.

How's the shade here? I read on the site that palapas are first come, first served. Is there anything else for shade if we aren't able to get one?

There is a 100 person limit and 4 chairs under each palapa.

Over the years they have kept adding palapas.

Last time we were there, there was more than 25 palapas. (I think it was 28 or 30)

PC200893-M.jpg

So mathematically, I think it would be impossible to run out of shaded loungers anymore.

PC200829-M.jpg

There is also alot of trees with shade that you could move a lounger under.

Also hammocks in the trees and plenty of shade in the huge restaurant.

Bill

Good to know! Since the hubs doesn't really tan - he just skips straight to burn - I needed to make sure there's adequate shade before booking a beach day.

Thanks for the replies!

Hi All,

Have just read this thread with great interest - some of you guys should be on commission. :D My question is, this will be our first visit to Cozumel so is there anything else we should be doing to discover Cozumel rather than lazing on a beach all day? I'm really hoping the answer is no but...;)

Hi All,

Have just read this thread with great interest - some of you guys should be on commission. :D My question is, this will be our first visit to Cozumel so is there anything else we should be doing to discover Cozumel rather than lazing on a beach all day? I'm really hoping the answer is no but...;)

No! Being lazy on the beach or active with snorkeling...you pick what's best for you. :D It's the best of both worlds in Cozumel (unless you are one of those that likes the "tours" to the Mayan Ruins).

Thanks mitsugirly, so I can go ahead and book with a clear conscience knowing I am not missing out on Cozumel "kulcha". :D

Have to say that I love Nachi, only been once and heading back in November...love the guac. However, last time we were in Cozumel my mom and I did this bar hop which goes to the open to the sea side of the island with all the beaches...you stop at 4 or 5 bars, a shot of something liquor each...the beauty of that part of the island took my breath away...it is not a beach day, and you really can't swim, the waters look challenging but oh so pretty...great pic opportunities and some of the bars have birds.

It was not a drunken crazy tour...we had 6 people in our tour and it was very nice. http:// www.cozumelbarhop.com/

sorry not trying to hijack the Nachi thread but u might miss out on some beauty if not Kulcha....lol

Edited by dperki1

Thanks dperki1, Since posting I have been reading a lot more and now realise that quite a few places offer the all-inclusive day on the beach. I do like the idea of seeing something of the place I am visiting so will keep researching and take into consideration your suggestion.

Thanks dperki1, Since posting I have been reading a lot more and now realise that quite a few places offer the all-inclusive day on the beach. I do like the idea of seeing something of the place I am visiting so will keep researching and take into consideration your suggestion.

Coz is an island so most of the activities revolve around the beach and the water (snorkel, scuba, fishing, etc.). There are som Mayan ruins on Coz that are not very impressive -- you are better off skipping them (IMHO) and seeing the ruins at Coba or Tulumn on the mainland form another stop.

Good luck! :)

I know this has been posted somewhere on another thread but does anyone still have the picture of the Taxi Rides from the port to the different places on Cozumel?

I can't remember the cost of the taxi ride...there are 8 of us in our party, I think the taxi's hold 8, anyone remember the cost?

Thanks!!

I know this has been posted somewhere on another thread but does anyone still have the picture of the Taxi Rides from the port to the different places on Cozumel?

I can't remember the cost of the taxi ride...there are 8 of us in our party, I think the taxi's hold 8, anyone remember the cost?

Thanks!!

There are some van cabs that will hold 8 and the fare to Nachi for your group should be about $4 per person ($32+tip for the van). Good luck! :)

Thanks everyone for all of the great info on Nachi! I just booked it for my Nov. 14th cruise on Freedom of the Seas and I can't wait to indulge in some frozen drinks and beach time. Two questions:

- I've reach that the beach is sandy but how about in the water, is it rocky at all? Are water shoes needed?

- Has anyone gotten a massage? Worth it?

Thanks again everyone! I find myself constantly looking at the beautiful pictures and wishing time would speed up a little! :p

Thanks everyone for all of the great info on Nachi! I just booked it for my Nov. 14th cruise on Freedom of the Seas and I can't wait to indulge in some frozen drinks and beach time. Two questions:

- I've reach that the beach is sandy but how about in the water, is it rocky at all? Are water shoes needed?

- Has anyone gotten a massage? Worth it?

Thanks again everyone! I find myself constantly looking at the beautiful pictures and wishing time would speed up a little! :p

No water shoes required. Never had a massage there - sorry I cannot help with that question. Good luck! :)

A few questions about Nachi. How accessible/scooter friendly is it? My wife is not confined to a scooter, but will use it a lot to get a round long distances. Also, do they have floating mats available to use or rent? Lastly, does anyone have a copy of the menu?

I enjoyed reading about this place and may reserve it in October for my wife and myself.

A few questions about Nachi. How accessible/scooter friendly is it? My wife is not confined to a scooter, but will use it a lot to get a round long distances. Also, do they have floating mats available to use or rent? Lastly, does anyone have a copy of the menu?

I enjoyed reading about this place and may reserve it in October for my wife and myself.

I think your scooter will be okay in the restaurant and around the pool; obviously a "no go" on the sandy beach.

There are closed foam mats available for rent (about $7-8 if I remember correctly) that you can use in the pool, ocean, or as a chair pad.

Hopefully someone else can post the menu == I think I saw it earlier in this thread or in one of the other Nachi threads on this board.

Good luck! :)

Hi there...

I just read this WHOLE thread and am SO glad we already reserved our spots for October..

3 questions...

1. Are towels available ( I am always nervous I will lose the carnival towels ! )

2. Is there an age limit for the Jetskis? ( I will have 2 teens with me )

3. Is there a gift shop? We dont plan on doing anything but Nachi... but I would like a trinket or two from COzumel....

Thanks SO much !

Hi there...

I just read this WHOLE thread and am SO glad we already reserved our spots for October..

3 questions...

1. Are towels available ( I am always nervous I will lose the carnival towels ! )

2. Is there an age limit for the Jetskis? ( I will have 2 teens with me )

3. Is there a gift shop? We dont plan on doing anything but Nachi... but I would like a trinket or two from COzumel....

Thanks SO much !

No towels available. Everyone I saw just brought ship towels.

I've asked about the jet skis too so I hope someone knows. :)

There is a small souvenir booth by the rest rooms. I bought a couple things there and then stopped in the port shops as we walked back to the ship for the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk