Horseshoe Bay Excursion??

B-52

You can simply get round trip bus fare to horseshoe bay, come back to the ship when you are ready....

The ship has an Excursion to Horseshoe bay that costs $29 per person....

Is there anything special about this excursion that one would not get on their own?

Only drawback doing it on your own that I can think of is waiting for the bus..it can get crowded first thing...and an excursion you load the bus as a group...but then you have to return on the same bus at a specified time, right?

I think I answered my own question, just want to see if anybody can give reason to do the excursion before I totally rule it out...

Don't pay the cruise line $29 for something you can do for $8 (two bus tokens) on your own. If you don't want to walk up the hill afterwards there's a shuttle van that charges $2. Your cost will still only be $10 adding the cost of taking the van.

We never take cruise ship excursions in Bermuda. You can do everything for less money and on your own schedule by using the bus and ferry system.

I just came from Bermuda and NJ is right. There is a booth right outside the ship where you buy a bus token for $4.00 (one way). That will get you on any bus to the beach, but take the one that says SPECIAL as it goes non stop so only has cruise passenger on it and you don't have to stop along the whole public bus route. It drops you at the top of a road that you walk down to the beach. If you can't walk, there are vans that will take you down the hill for $1 and up the hill for $2. You simply go back to the bus stop at the end of your day and the SPECIAL bus comes by every hour on the half hour and takes you directly back to the ship. The chairs are $11 per day and an umbrella is $11 per day, so I'd say if the excursion includes these items it might be worth it.

We've been to Bermuda, and have been horseshoe bay beach....I'm just asking if anyone knows why the ship charges $29 when the bus is only $8....

Does anyone know for sure?

We've been to Bermuda, and have been horseshoe bay beach....I'm just asking if anyone knows why the ship charges $29 when the bus is only $8....

It's all about the money.:D

For some, they like the convenience of not having to think about anything.....buying a pass, waiting for a bus, knowing exactly where they need to go and when, making sure they get back to the ship on time, etc. Some need to have their hand held, others not.:)

I've read the description of the excursion, and all it provides is round trip transportation to the beach and return. So the cruise line must cover the rental fee for the mini-bus and driver, cost of fuel and make a healthy profit.

SBtS

Archived