How much are drink packages on RCI cruises?

I just looked at the website, and it won't give you a price unless you've already booked a cruise. I'm not even sure it gives one then, as you must enter your reservation number to get any details. We're trying to decide between cruises, and this information is important to us as the other cruise would allow us to bring as much wine on board as we like. It isn't a deal breaker, but is a serious consideration. We're not big drinkers, but do enjoy drinking on holiday when no one has any reason to drive anywhere.

Sorry but I just noticed the water package. So they don't give you free regular water with ice anymore? Started looking at this RCI cruise because it was cheaper, but it is starting to look like maybe it would be the worse deal. Wondering what else they charge extra for now. Do they charge for towels for the pool? What if I want an extra towel in my room? Are there other hidden extra charges I should be aware of when deciding between the cruises?

CLASSIC PACKAGE*

PREMIUM PACKAGE*

Other details:

$45 USD per person, per day Includes:

• Beer

• House wines by the glass

• Non-alcoholic cocktails

• Fountain soda

$55 USD per person, per day Includes:

Call and premium brand cocktails

• Frozen cocktails

• Beer

• House wines by the glass

• Non-alcoholic cocktails

• Fountain soda

Available on all sailings 4 nights or longer

Must be purchased by all guests in your stateroom, 21 years of age or older

Package prices already include gratuity. Any additional gratuities are at your discretion.

It's on their website :)

I just looked at the website, and it won't give you a price unless you've already booked a cruise. I'm not even sure it gives one then, as you must enter your reservation number to get any details. We're trying to decide between cruises, and this information is important to us as the other cruise would allow us to bring as much wine on board as we like. It isn't a deal breaker, but is a serious consideration. We're not big drinkers, but do enjoy drinking on holiday when no one has any reason to drive anywhere.

Sorry but I just noticed the water package. So they don't give you free regular water with ice anymore? Started looking at this RCI cruise because it was cheaper, but it is starting to look like maybe it would be the worse deal. Wondering what else they charge extra for now. Do they charge for towels for the pool? What if I want an extra towel in my room? Are there other hidden extra charges I should be aware of when deciding between the cruises?

You can get water for free. That is a bottled water package. They don't charge you for your towel you use your sea pass card. They will swipe it and when you return the towel they will swipe it again. If at the end of the cruise you have any unaccounted towels they are suppose to charge you $25, otherwise no one would return them. There are plenty of towels in your stateroom and if you wanted more I'm sure your room attendant would help you out.

Royal automatically charges $12 per person per day for gratuities.

Thank you so much for all the replies! I am reading and reading about RCI cruises, but it seems like every answer brings another question. :rolleyes:

Has anyone used the spa service? :confused: I'd really love to try a manicure with the gel polish and have my hair done for formal night, but I have yet to track down the prices. Maybe because we're looking at booking on the Quantum of the Seas, not really sure. I'm guessing the rates are about the same as the spa at your average better hotel? :)

I did find the tuxedo rental service page. It seemed to imply the charge was for use of the tux for both formal nights on the cruise, but it wasn't directly spelled out so wondering does anyone know? If it is only for one night, I think we may limit ourselves to only the one formal night dinner. We'll be getting on the ship following a European holiday and don't really fancy dragging a tux and dress shoes all over Europe on the trains beforehand. As it is, I am going to be pull a bit of a hat trick to make a very cute sundress into an evening gown by way of a lovely chiffon over skirt. Light and next to uncrushable wins the packing contest hands down every time, am I right? :cool:

Thank you so much for all the replies! I am reading and reading about RCI cruises, but it seems like every answer brings another question. :rolleyes:

Has anyone used the spa service? :confused: I'd really love to try a manicure with the gel polish and have my hair done for formal night, but I have yet to track down the prices. Maybe because we're looking at booking on the Quantum of the Seas, not really sure. I'm guessing the rates are about the same as the spa at your average better hotel? :)

I did find the tuxedo rental service page. It seemed to imply the charge was for use of the tux for both formal nights on the cruise, but it wasn't directly spelled out so wondering does anyone know? If it is only for one night, I think we may limit ourselves to only the one formal night dinner. We'll be getting on the ship following a European holiday and don't really fancy dragging a tux and dress shoes all over Europe on the trains beforehand. As it is, I am going to be pull a bit of a hat trick to make a very cute sundress into an evening gown by way of a lovely chiffon over skirt. Light and next to uncrushable wins the packing contest hands down every time, am I right? :cool:

The tuxedo rental is for the week and they give you two shirts. On the last day, bag it up and they'll pick it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived