NYC - Spendor, 10th June blog. (full day by day blog will incl pics.

HappyChappy

Not bored at all! Totally enjoyed this! Do you not have Mickey D's aka McDonalds in Scotland? It's nice to have furbabies to come home to. Makes it a bit easier to get off the ship, knowing you will have them waiting for you. Our dog Tucker is the same way. After the initial welcome home he ignores us for a day or two. Rather put out that we left him! Thanks for sharing the cruise with us. Shame the weather in NYC wasn't better for you, but nothing you can do about that. Hope you and your family have many more years of cruising to look forward to! ;)

HappyChappy, thank you. I really enjoyed reading your blog/review! My Scottish accent probably isn't what it should be though!

For what it's worth, my cat always ignored us for a few days when we returned from vacation. Her way of indicating her annoyance with us! ;)

Thank you so much for a most enjoyable review! We'll be flying across the pond the end of this week for our Baltic cruise - first time we will have cruised outside the Western Hemisphere!

BTW - When it rains in NYC, it's next to impossible to get a taxi. Hence the lyrics from Chicago's "Another Rainy Day in New York City":

Another rainy day New York City

Softly sweet, so silently it falls

Crosstown traffic crawls

Memories in my way New York City

Tender, tough, too tragic to be true

Nothing I can do

City workers cheer

Taxi's disappear

Another rainy day New York City

Once again, thank you so much for your wonderful review! You make me look forward more and more to our cruise in July on the Splendor! You did an excellent job at making your review funny and entertaining, while being very informative and to the point. Thanks!!! :)

Let me just say that after 2 shifts back in the office I am more depressed than ever.

Think I need to look at Cruises for next year and to hell with the Hobbits plans doing up the house.

Woe is me!!!!

why wait the year, do6 months and than work on the house. LOL...

Let me just say that after 2 shifts back in the office I am more depressed than ever.

Think I need to look at Cruises for next year and to hell with the Hobbits plans doing up the house.

Woe is me!!!!

Understand getting home and back to the grind is rough...

You were a blast...love your humor, your family, the review...went to NYC for my big fun thing this year..saw a "wee lad" I like..Enrique Iglesias on May 14...your family is lucky to have you and so are we as a CC friend and contributer...I have so much more to do in NYC too..it is so neat how you enjoyed it as much as your cruise....Be Well HappyChappy and to the next trip...Cheers!!

thanks again..Sarah

Why don't we all get together and book the NY-SJ, SJ-NY B2B for January, 2015? :cool: Happy Chappy, you will be able to experience a winter in NY! :eek:

Lovely thought but there is no chance in hell I could get 2 weeks off in January.

Winter here is bad enuff with going elsewhere to see snow.

Holidays are for me to go somewhere warm and wander around in shorts (or less ''ohh err missus'')

Besides its the only chance I get to see the Hobbit in a swimsuit!!!!

Lovely thought but there is no chance in hell I could get 2 weeks off in January.

Winter here is bad enuff with going elsewhere to see snow.

Holidays are for me to go somewhere warm and wander around in shorts (or less ''ohh err missus'')

Besides its the only chance I get to see the Hobbit in a swimsuit!!!!

Oh, I agree with going somewhere warm, but usually only the sail away day and the next are cold weather. It would be a 16 day cruise, so you would have probably 12-14 warm days! :) And the roof would be over the pool on Lido. Stinky you can't get 2 weeks off, especially with flying all the way over here. :(

It was such a pleasure to meet you, and your tornado... and Hobbit? (You really call Kay a hobbit? And survive???... does she know???)

I hope to bump into you guys again!

LOL - I wondered the same thing! It was a pleasure meeting all of our roll call buddies!

It was such a pleasure to meet you, and your tornado... and Hobbit? (You really call Kay a hobbit? And survive???... does she know???)

I hope to bump into you guys again!

I dont exactly shout 'hey Hobbit' but she is aware we al refer to her as The Hobbit.

She would kill me if I shout that mind. Might be a wee tester when we next have a barney.

Loved your humor - wish I could hear you talk in person. I know I was Scottish in a prior life.

Think Billy Connolly.

Or wait a minute.

Watch this wee episode of Still Game. The funniest TV show ever to come out of Scotland. I talk exactly the same way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wko-QkpNawA

Its about a group of pensioners and their antics.

Thank-you for your very entertaining account of your vacation, I thoroughly enjoyed it and had many good laughs :D:). We are sailing on the Splendor for Christmas, so I'm hoping the holiday decorations will cover up the hideousness of the decor :eek::D. You fur baby is adorbs.

Thank-you for your very entertaining account of your vacation, I thoroughly enjoyed it and had many good laughs :D:). We are sailing on the Splendor for Christmas, so I'm hoping the holiday decorations will cover up the hideousness of the decor :eek::D. You fur baby is adorbs.

Buzz is the man.

If a dug could do The Broony, Buzz would!!!

Great wee mutt.

Archived