Special Occasion on board

PeterTellus

In the Cruise Personalizer there is an option to note special occasions like birthdays, graduations, ...

Does anyone know exactly what they do, if anything?

We celebrated my DH's birthday on Caribbean Princess. They put up ballons on the door and a Happy Birthday sign. He also got a small birthday cake on a night that I designated in the specialty restaurant that we were dining in.

We celebrated our 50th anniversary last month on the Emerald and they decorated our door, we received a card from the captain and they gave us a card to give to our waiter in the DR to get our anniversary cake and song. The cake is small but enough for 6 people to get a big bite. We left the balloons and door greeting on the whole 27 days. Everyone liked it so they could find their rooms easy;)

We celebrated my DH's birthday on Caribbean Princess. They put up ballons on the door and a Happy Birthday sign. He also got a small birthday cake on a night that I designated in the specialty restaurant that we were dining in.

Exactly our experience. However, for DS and DIL, they forgot. I informed their cabin steward, and he put it up immediately.

Pat

Also, if you do NOT wish to have the balloons on your cabin door, make sure your cabin steward knows.

Once, we got balloons which we had not requested for our anniversary. Happily, the room steward removed them from outside and put them inside the cabin which was nice.

LuLu

~~~~

On all 8 cruises on my DH's birthday we always had to tell cabin steward after the fact, even past the date. We only got the balloons & sign twice out of about 8 cruises we took celebrating his birthday.

Was told by the pasengers services desk, when I complained, that we are to remind the maited in the dining room, when it was overlooked most times.:eek: We always have traditional dining.

So for us, we had to remind & insist, even when it was confirmed on our reservation.

We've celebrated a special occasion on all 4 of our Princess cruise's, and never had a problem. I arranged all of them through the cruise personalizer with no issues. If your special occasion is one month before/after your cruise month you can still celebrate it on your cruise. I always set it up for the second day, just cause I know turn-around day is so hectic for the crew, because that's just the day they will decorate and you will get a card and a voucher for a "special treat" at any MDR or specialty restaurant. So you can get your cake really any night you want, but be prepared to be in the spotlight, as the waiters and even some fellow passengers will sing to you :).

Thanks to OP for this thread. I completely forgot to mark hubby's birthday in our cruise personalizer for January cruise. Must say that Princess is great to offer these celebrations at no charge:D:D. Did our first RC last January and there was a charge for decorations and another for cake... not that my husband isn't worth it but come on RC:confused::confused:

We celebrated both my birthday and our 20th anniversary, and got balloons and card and a door sign for each. Also the special cake in the dining room each time, and a song from the waiters. The cake is delicious, btw!

We agree - the cake is great! Yummy chocolate.

Our travel companions have celebrated birthdays on several cruises. The balloons and sign come on the day that you indicate in the Personalizer. As mentioned, you can take your card to the MDR or specialty restaurant any night that you wish.

Archived