An Ex-Carnival Customer

sonicbuffalo

I'm too old to figure out what specialty restuarant I'm going to be forced to pay for to get a decent meal.......or have the rigid reservation process and have to eat at a specific time....or see a show I want to see.......too snooty for me.........

what line do you know of that does not offer anytime dining? or a rigid reservation process? any more than Carnival does.

I think it sounds defensive to call other cruisers snooty because they cruise varying lines.

Im your friend no matter what, but I dont like name calling because you choose to never try another line. Its your choice. I respect your choice and dont call names because of your choice.. you should not call names either.

Oasis and Allure look beautiful, however, their itineraries look HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!! Same old boring islands. Even with the Quantum of the seas coming out, And hopes that their prices would drop, I still don't think I'd go on one of those ships just because of their itineraries. Yuck!!!!!! Our Breeze itinerary ROCKED!!!! And it was 1/2 the price if RCCL'S.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are there no loyalty perks on Carnival? By the way, the reserved seating is a suite perk not a loyalty perk. Pay more get more. Don't be a hater.

Nope, the reserved seating WAS a loyalty perk for ALL Diamond Plus, suite or not...Only reason I was on RCCL was with friends and the cruise was cheap-Rome to Galveston..and I'm only 12 days from being Diamond on RCCL, don't see me doing that. I'm already Diamond on Carnival....Dennis

I would not say I am an ex-carnival cruiser but I am trying another line next year. Price is competitive IMO. We are in a balcony room and are getting a complementary drink package. The price is a little more but the drink package makes it a great value.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Nope, the reserved seating WAS a loyalty perk for ALL Diamond Plus, suite or not...Only reason I was on RCCL was with friends and the cruise was cheap-Rome to Galveston..and I'm only 12 days from being Diamond on RCCL, don't see me doing that. I'm already Diamond on Carnival....Dennis

You can say it as many times as you want but you'd still be wrong.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=enhanced_program_for_suite_guests

The price. I really want to try new lines. Every time we cruise I think next time we'll try another line, but when the time comes to start researching cruises I just can't justify the extra cost that other cruise lines charge. I have no issues with Carnival, I think it's great. I do want to experience what else is out there though. I know I will eventually branch out. Maybe next time. :D

We cruise based in price. Right now Carnival is the most easy because its basically the Only one out of Long Beach.

We have tried other lines because the airfare was included and it was a deal or Holland America had a good deal from San Diego which we can drive to.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Royals Cabins are too small!

I don't believe I have to be loyal to Carnival only but Carnival has met my needs so far. I wouldn't use an ice skating rink, mountain climber, flo rider or any of that jazz so why pay for it? I cruise for the ports mainly as well and I've been happy with the Carnival products. I've looked at RCL cruises but nothing matches the time I can cruise and the departure ports or the price.

I just booked a 1A on the Ecstasy today- 185sq feet. On Royal it's 135sq ft- thats 50 sq feet LESS for 110 MORE $$$.....NO THANKS. I don't even want to feel what a 135sq feels like other than claustrophobic.

I don't believe you have to be loyal to any 1 cruise line. I have cruised on 3 different lines and never felt like I was cheating on the other cruise lines.

Sounds to me like you had 4 great cruises with Carnival and now want to explore other options and that's cool. You are always welcome back to Carnival :D

what was the other cruise line? I see you have 18 listed with Carnival and 1 with RCI. :confused:

Bill

But wait, Carnival has none of those things? No specialty dining? No early, late, and/or anytime dining? Do they not have regular show schedules? Who knew?

Yes they do but pay attention to the Funtimes because it's only 3 nights a week.

As for the dining comment she made she was taking a potshot at NCL because they have all the specialty restaurants and if you want something edible you can't eat in the free dining rooms.

Of course she wouldn't know. It's like people that have never cruised CCL and say because it's a bunch of drunks or the party ships.

Of course that is wrong too but hey if you read it on the internet it has to be true.:)

Bill

I guess since we booked the Allure of the Seas, we are now officially ex-Carnival customers. We have a NCL 11 day itinerary for this year and a 7 day cruise for 2014 for our 35th anniversary. I won't delve into why we chose to leave Carnival, except to say we had great cruises with them over 4 years.

We are sad to leave, but it's time to try other cruise lines, and see what they have to offer. Carnival has just become too bland for our taste. They haven't really improved their product while the other lines have. The itineraries also have a lot to do with it too.

My question is this: "Why have you chosen to stay with Carnival and do you see yourself branching out to other lines?"

I want to try all of the main stream lines at least once and doubt that our loyalty will lay with only one of them.

I don't believe I have to be loyal to Carnival only but Carnival has met my needs so far. I wouldn't use an ice skating rink, mountain climber, flo rider or any of that jazz so why pay for it? I cruise for the ports mainly as well and I've been happy with the Carnival products. I've looked at RCL cruises but nothing matches the time I can cruise and the departure ports or the price.

I just booked a 1A on the Ecstasy today- 185sq feet. On Royal it's 135sq ft- thats 50 sq feet LESS for 110 MORE $$$.....NO THANKS. I don't even want to feel what a 135sq feels like other than claustrophobic.

you makee it sound like rccl only has cabins that are 135 sq ft.

if you want a 185 sq ft cabin, just book one. or even a jr suite.

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand the need to come into a Carnival thread to say goodbye. It just seems like you are trying to poison the waters for everyone for some personal vendetta.

Just cruise and be happy on any line.:rolleyes:

I would agree if no reasons were given, but the OP explained why they are going elsewhere. It is not poisoning anything to share why you are not longer happy with a product.

Which cabins? Which ship? Not like all cabins on all Royal ships are the same size.

So the overriding reasons for loyalty to Carnival seem to be convenience to ports, price, price and price. Interesting.

you makee it sound like rccl only has cabins that are 135 sq ft.

if you want a 185 sq ft cabin, just book one. or even a jr suite.

That's not what I got from the post.

Did you not read the part about a smaller room on Royal costing MORE money?

I don't believe you have to be loyal to any 1 cruise line. I have cruised on 3 different lines and never felt like I was cheating on the other cruise lines.

Sounds to me like you had 4 great cruises with Carnival and now want to explore other options and that's cool. You are always welcome back to Carnival :D

I feel exactly the same. When shopping for a cruise I take into account the ship, price, and ports of call. Our last cruise was on the Oasis of the Seas and we had an awesome time. Next month we are booked on the Breeze (July 6). We chose it because its a new ship, and it calls on ports we have never been to. I may have a preference for a cruise line but I don't feel I have to be loyal to any.

We have always been NCL cruisers but are taking our first Carnival cruise in November. We loved NCL but tired of the same old, same old. Nothing wrong with NCl but it too gets bland after a while when doing the same things. I don't plan on being loyal to any cruiseline. I want to try them all.

The square footage alone does not tell the whole story. I have found those 185 sq. foot Carnival cabins to have a lot of wasted space and mediocre storage. I have had smaller cabins on Royal and Celebrity that felt much roomier.

Why would you care who I want to cruise with?

You say you have moved on, but I don't think you have.

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand the need to come into a Carnival thread to say goodbye. It just seems like you are trying to poison the waters for everyone for some personal vendetta.

Just cruise and be happy on any line.:rolleyes:

why not? this is a cruise message board where cruising topics are intiatiated and subsequently discussed.

none of us are actually cruising here.

That's not what I got from the post.

Did you not read the part about a smaller room on Royal costing MORE money?

really? why would someone price a room they have no intention of inhabiting?

but read it again. she is trying to portray an apples to apples comparison.

It's all about individual taste/personality, economics, and personal choices. For me, Carnival fits like a old worn out tennis shoe.

And it ain't time to trade them in for anything new.

I have no problem with anyone cruising other lines or seeking different adventures. I am comfortable where I'm at with Carnival and they seem to be comfortable with me. it's a good fit.

Happy Sails :)

Mostly price. However I have the luxury of choosing several ports to cruise from. I'm booked on Quantum for next year and this year it was carnival and RCI. So i fluctuate between the two. I prefer RCI because of the different innovations they put on their ship. Carnival hasn't really done anything new to impress me.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Archived