An Ex-Carnival Customer

sonicbuffalo

I guess since we booked the Allure of the Seas, we are now officially ex-Carnival customers. We have a NCL 11 day itinerary for this year and a 7 day cruise for 2014 for our 35th anniversary. I won't delve into why we chose to leave Carnival, except to say we had great cruises with them over 4 years.

We are sad to leave, but it's time to try other cruise lines, and see what they have to offer. Carnival has just become too bland for our taste. They haven't really improved their product while the other lines have. The itineraries also have a lot to do with it too.

My question is this: "Why have you chosen to stay with Carnival and do you see yourself branching out to other lines?"

My question is this: "Why have you chosen to stay with Carnival and do you see yourself branching out to other lines?"

When Carnival no longer fits my wants, needs, desires for whatever reason, I'll sail with another cruise line.

I have nothing against other cruise lines, I just have no need or desire yet.

I cruise other line's but that won't make me a ex Carnival cruiser. Money plays a roll for us. I feel I still get a good value from carnival. If I can have a balcony on carnival for less than a inside on other line's it a no brainier. If I can find a completive rate then we try other line's.

I guess since we booked the Allure of the Seas, we are now officially ex-Carnival customers. We have a NCL 11 day itinerary for this year and a 7 day cruise for 2014 for our 35th anniversary. I won't delve into why we chose to leave Carnival, except to say we had great cruises with them over 4 years.

We are sad to leave, but it's time to try other cruise lines, and see what they have to offer. Carnival has just become too bland for our taste. They haven't really improved their product while the other lines have. The itineraries also have a lot to do with it too.

I don't believe you have to be loyal to any 1 cruise line. I have cruised on 3 different lines and never felt like I was cheating on the other cruise lines.

Sounds to me like you had 4 great cruises with Carnival and now want to explore other options and that's cool. You are always welcome back to Carnival :D

We have been on RCI and it's really not a huge difference. Especially with the Breeze and the Sunshine sailing now. I find those just as attractive as RCI ships and I like the spirit class ships. No crowds and cozy. We plan on trying NCL too. We will probably sail Celebrity and others in the future but will always mix in Carnival as our base.

Location. I can be in New Orleans in 2 hours, no hotel cost, no airfare cost, or other travel expenses. When they were in Mobile, even better, 30 minutes from home to terminal. Now if any other cruise line were to go out of New Orleans or Mobile I would not hesitate to to use them, it is all about location for me. I like Carnival (I have always had a blast), but that does not mean I would not try others. I would pay more for cruises, just not hundreds or maybe thousands (if the whole family went) more for airfare or other travel expenses on top of higher cruise fare. While the cost of Carnival is a large incentive, it is the close location for me, so no matter which line went out of these locations that is who I would use.

We're not loyal to any line - we've tried various mid-priced lines - Carnival, NCL, Princess, RCCL, and Holland. I want to try a river boat cruise soon. We cruise based on route first- what ports we want to visit, how many sea days, and price next, not just cruise price, but airfare, possible hotels stays, etc.

Cruise lines are like a buffet, you have to sample everything to find what you like...:)

We have been on Carnival, Princess, Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, N.C.L. it's all a matter of where you want to go, not really price or class of ship. We sail for rest and relaxation!!!

Don't be afraid to branch out, you never know what you will find...:eek:

Good luck with you new cruise line and have fun!!! C.G.

We have only cruised carnival so far because it has always been the most inexpensive way to go. I have no problems cruising another line if the price is right. I do know that I would like to cruise NCL for our Alaska cruise, so we will wait till the time is right to do that cruise. In the meantime, we sail on what we can afford. We are not at all picky people, so a lot of the things that Carnival has changed or cut back on doesn't really affect us.

If Carnival would go to some new eastern or southern Caribbean ports, we would consider them again. We've pretty much exhausted all the ports on that side and don't want to go to Alaska or Europe on a sailing. We'd go to Europe on a land based vacation...and we've sailed on the Breeze (see review) and the Dream, so we've been on Carnival's newest. The Miracle was a great old ship and we've been on her twice. We mainly go for new ports with the exception of our next 2 cruises. We found the 11 day NCL cruise a great deal considering it is an 11 day cruise. For now though, we have moved on from Carnival. We really had some memorable cruises with them for sure!

I cant find a better deal than carnival or service. I tried royal Caribbean twice and its not for me. paying double for a cruise for bad service, bad food left a bad taste in my mouth with them. Im not saying I wont ever try another line again, you just cant beat the prices with carnival

DW and I are Platinum on CCL and RCL. Just off Carnival Fascination last Thursday. Next up Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas, 9/1/13. When we sail FOS, will that make us ex Carnival cruisers? I think not. We are loyal to cruising and not a cruise line. Carnival fits the need most of the time. When it doesn't, we sail Royal.

I have priced NCL and RCI recently and they are both significantly higher for the same type and size of ship with comparable amenities, The huge ships like Oasis of the Seas are very attractive, but priced out of my range.

Same here... we've been trying to line up something for next year for a B2B and price wise - we keep coming back to Carnival. I'd rather spend the money I save towards excursions, shopping, drinks etc.

We just can't justify paying a lot more for a little more "bling" or "wow" when we are going to basically the same ports. Carnival has never really disappointed us and we always have a great time.

We can get a B2B (more days) on Carnival for significantly less than any other combination (combined with a Carnival cruise or without) on any of the other cruise lines.

To each their own I guess:)

As few as they are, there are more affordable options available on the west coast on Carnival vs. the other lines. We've never had a problem with Carnival and always have a great time, so why change?

We like the price of Carnival. Just booked on Dream in August and it was $1000 cheaper than Royal Caribbean. I could eat every night in the Steakhouse and still be way ahead. Really wanted to go on Royal Caribbean but just couldn't justify it. Also, we have cruised Alaska and the Baltics with NCL and the food was horrible on the Baltic cruise. Will never cruise them again no matter what the cost. Also, when we cruise with our kids Carnival has a room that sleeps 5...only way we could cruise Europe was on the Magic.

Our last two cruises have been on Costa and MSC. We had a very good time on both but our next cruise is booked on the Breeze. We selected Costa for its Med. itinerary and MSC because of a tremendous promotion that they offered for the past New Years.

We selected the Breeze for several reasons for this year's Christmas vacation. First, we liked the 8 day itinerary that includes Aruba and Curacao without having to fly to San Juan. Second, the price for the Breeze was significantly lower than Princess that is running a nearly identical run at the same time. Finally, with Carnival we know that our teenagers will have a great time.

Does this preclude us from booking on other lines in the future? No. It will be a case by case decision.

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand the need to come into a Carnival thread to say goodbye. It just seems like you are trying to poison the waters for everyone for some personal vendetta.

Just cruise and be happy on any line.:rolleyes:

I'd say it has been access first, as Galveston is less than an hour from driveway to terminal with a parked car nearby. Doing that for 15 cruises has given us the perks of platinum (albeit few in number) and the chance to sail on five different ships.

We've done the same on Royal when they were here aboard the Splendour, Rhapsody, Voyager and flew to the Majesty and Freedom.

I toured the MSC Opera when it was new and after reading the reviews they can have it.

I liked Princess, even with their quirks it was a nice ship.

Royal has a nice market with the mega ships, but the Conquest class size just does me well, hence we fly to the Glory in July. The price was right and Southwest frequent survivor miles work.

Our past cruise discount makes it so easy to stay with carnival. I'm also the only person who isn't a fan of RCI's amenities - I don't care about the flow rider or skating rink - I feel like it takes up to much space that could be for pools.

I stay with Carnival because I haven't had a bad cruise with them yet. I haven't even had a mediocre cruise, or a good cruise, either. They've all been great.

A few issues have bothered me, but none are significant enough to cause me to waste hundreds of dollars extra on a higher priced cruise. There isn't anything offered on the the other cruise lines in the way of live entertainment, theatrical productions, or fine dining that I can't whip hands down with a short drive to Milwaukee or Chicago, right here in my neck of the woods. I don't require my next cruise to match a night on the town in the big city.

Even so, I think Carnival's offerings in food and entertainment are more than enough for me.

Archived