Breakfast Experience in Cabin

doob

On previous cruise (Eclipse Concierge Class) we had breakfast in our cabin everyday & the attendant placed our trays on the nearest surface. I have seen brochure photots showing breakfast set up on your balcony complete with white tablecloth. I would love this experience, do you have to request this service & if so when? Has anybody done this? Thanks:)

You have to realize that brochure photos are enhanced to make things look even better than they are. Kind of like Photoshop making a size 16 person look like a size 4. There really isn't a "service" that does the white tablecloth dining, and knowing how busy these servers are every morning, it's probably not something that's done as a matter of course. In all my cruises on Celebrity, the only time we had the white tablecloth was when we were in a Penthouse or Royal Suite, and this was done by a butler.

When we had a Sky Suite on Silhouette our Butler set everything up on the balcony for us complete with tablecloth just as you describe, unfortunately I think this is only available for suite passengers.

On Princess they offer Ultimate Balcony Dining (breakfast or dinner) where everything is set up and served to you (there is a charge for this).

Unfortunately I do not think X offer anything like this.

It is a very nice suite perk and you can get used to it very quickly. Your butler also calls a few minutes ahead of time to tell you that he is on his way.

Didn't use this perk on our Celebrity suite on the Equinox, but I'm looking forward to enjoy it on our RS next month on the Eclipse!!:):)

When we had a Sky Suite on Silhouette our Butler set everything up on the balcony for us complete with tablecloth just as you describe, unfortunately I think this is only available for suite passengers.

On Princess they offer Ultimate Balcony Dining (breakfast or dinner) where everything is set up and served to you (there is a charge for this).

Unfortunately I do not think X offer anything like this.

Princess does set everything up for the Ultimate Balcony Dinner (and it is well worth the charge), however, breakfast is just dropped off.

We had it in our sky suite on Silhouette this past February. We did it twice. The first time we went with Coffee (yuck), danish (ick) and smoothies (double yuck). We had breakfast one more time on our balcony, eggs, bacon, french toast, fried potatos, fresh squeezed orange juice.....OMIGOSH...it was SO good! Best breakfast our entire cruise.

Princess does set everything up for the Ultimate Balcony Dinner (and it is well worth the charge), however, breakfast is just dropped off.

Princess, Well worth the charge for a tablecloth????

The tablecloth used to be standard. Now we ask our Steward and they usually deliver one. Quite often they brought a small vase with flowers. A good Steward can't be beat!

We have breakfast delivered to our room usually every port day - we usually sail Aqua Class or plain old veranda class - we ALWAYS, every single time, are called a few minutes before our steward arrives with our breakfast - it is to their benefit to do so. We have never had him set up on our balcony although if we asked, I know that they would have done that - but for us, it's easier to do that ourselves! We have him leave the food on the cabin 'counter', we set up our coffees, put jam on our toast, etc, and then take our plates to our veranda, put a napkin down as a tablecloth substitute and voila, lovely! But, if you don't want the DIY approach, just ask.

Princess, Well worth the charge for a tablecloth????

The tablecloth used to be standard. Now we ask our Steward and they usually deliver one. Quite often they brought a small vase with flowers. A good Steward can't be beat!

Not for the table cloth...the charge is for the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. A table is set up on the balcony similar to the dining room with the addition of fresh flowers. Then the meal is served on the balcony. The only time we saw the server was when he was bringing the next course so it is very private. A photographer comes to take pictures and we were able to choose one at no cost. It would be nice if Celebrity started something like this because it really makes it a special evening.

On previous cruise (Eclipse Concierge Class) we had breakfast in our cabin everyday & the attendant placed our trays on the nearest surface. I have seen brochure photots showing breakfast set up on your balcony complete with white tablecloth. I would love this experience, do you have to request this service & if so when? Has anybody done this? Thanks:)

Book a suite and you get this service.

Archived