Royal Naming Ceremony

ntvsdgrl

Living here on the West Coast, I wasn't up at 3am to watch the ceremony live on the Princess website. Does anyone know if there is a video online anywhere? I've done an internet search and can't seem to find anything. :mad:

Princess' home page has a link to the recorded ceremony. I watched it but you can't fast-forward and it is not complete. Cuts out during Buckelew's speech and therefore misses the Duchess smashing the bottle.

There is also a link on the home page to a Twitter feed with photos.

Princess' home page has a link to the recorded ceremony. I watched it but you can't fast-forward and it is not complete. Cuts out during Buckelew's speech and therefore misses the Duchess smashing the bottle.

There is also a link on the home page to a Twitter feed with photos.

I saw the speech and the bottle smashing on the Princess Website video:D

I confess...we did watched it.

Just finished downloading it on the iPad and watching it on the big screen TV. As we watched it a couple of things went through my pea brain:

• the ship was built in Germany
  • the ship flies a flag of convenience...Bermuda
  • the head office of the company that owns her in the USA
  • and the Christening was held in the UK
  • Buckelew is not a great speaker, he should have made some attempt to learn "God Save the Queen" and should have been schooled in how to stand during the singing of "God Save the Queen", it is after all the national anthem of the United Kingdom.
  • I have never heard Irish bagpipes sound that good
  • nobody can stage a ceremony with the pageantry that the British can.

Darn, could not watch it on the Sapphire. They mentioned that it was live on Princess.com but that is almost impossible to do because of the slow internet.

It was NOT shown on the TV on board either. Maybe they will show it tomorrow.

Theo

I watched it on the Princess website as it happened. Thought the CEO seemed quite nervous about it all as he paused a few times in his speech.

The weather looked horrible in Southampton!

I watched the whole video on the Princess site. It was an amazing ceremony but I'm glad I didn't wake up at 3am to watch it live.

I thought that whatever arrangements were made for the videographer were very poorly done as people kept walking past the frame and it was very jumpy at times. It was amateurish. I also thought Buckelew was totally lacking in charm and sat there like a lump most of the time. He couldn't even read his own speech... which was embarrassing to watch. He acted more like a bean counter for the company rather than the CEO.

I too watched it live a sensible hour here in the UK! And yeah it never rains here only pours and blows!!! Was also moved by the ceremony, loved the singing of 'Escape Completely', and yes Buckelew certainly made a few gaffes! Best wishes and fair winds to all who are about to sail in Her.

Archived