What do you think?

We will be sailing in a few weeks with one of our port days being St Maarten. I have more or less planned out our day give or take the time frame as this is just an estimate. We don't want to do a tour/excursion thing but rather on our own with another couple (4 adults in all).

Port time: 8-5PM (knowing we must be back on ship by 4:30PM)

We will begin at cruise ship dock ~ facility (zone – 6)

• Then to Orient Beach (45 - 60 minutes) Quick beverage :p

• Next stop would be Pinel Island (ferry service $6 round trip) and would

stay for 2 hours) snorkel, swim, quick bite to eat

• Marigot French side (45-60 minutes)Just look around maybe quick shop

• Last stop Mullet Bay ~ Maho Beach (60 minutes) watch the planes

• Back to cruise ship pier facility (zone 6)

I am guessing that this would cost around $125 for two people.

What do you think? Can we do all this within the time frame? Only Freedom of the Seas in port that day

There will be four of us total so the taxi person would make well over $200 right?

Over estimation/under estimation?????

Thanks all ~

It sounds like a full day! St Maarten has a lot of traffic. Not uncommon for Maho to Philipsburg to take the better part of an hour. IMHO it would be cutting it close. Good luck!

That's what I am thinking so we could cut out the Marigot and just drive by and the same think with Orient (10-15 min.) Morning shot...lol...;)

We will be sailing in a few weeks with one of our port days being St Maarten. I have more or less planned out our day give or take the time frame as this is just an estimate. We don't want to do a tour/excursion thing but rather on our own with another couple (4 adults in all).

Port time: 8-5PM (knowing we must be back on ship by 4:30PM)

We will begin at cruise ship dock ~ facility (zone – 6)

• Then to Orient Beach (45 - 60 minutes) Quick beverage :p

• Next stop would be Pinel Island (ferry service $6 round trip) and would

stay for 2 hours) snorkel, swim, quick bite to eat

• Marigot French side (45-60 minutes)Just look around maybe quick shop

• Last stop Mullet Bay ~ Maho Beach (60 minutes) watch the planes

• Back to cruise ship pier facility (zone 6)

I am guessing that this would cost around $125 for two people.

What do you think? Can we do all this within the time frame? Only Freedom of the Seas in port that day

There will be four of us total so the taxi person would make well over $200 right?

Over estimation/under estimation?????

Thanks all ~

For what its worth, I did something similar just recently. Off the ship at 8, taxi to Orient $15 for the two of us. Taxi to Maho from Orient $30. Taxi for 2 back to downtown $15. we drove through Marrigot on the way, so that wouldn't add that much We drove by the Ferry to Pinel, but didn't stop. This might be one thing too many to get done in one day.

We have been to all 3 beaches, Orient, Maho and Pinel Island. It is way too much to do in one days visit. You will be riding most of the day in the car. Not a good way to really try to enjoy the island. As someone else mentioned, rent a car or jeep, and you can drive on your own. I would skip Pinel Island if this is your first time in St. Maarten. Or go to Pinel Island for a couple hours, then over to Orient Beach for a while, then back to the ship. It is way to much to try to do everything in 1 day. Also, check the times on the ferry to Pinel Island. And it is a very small boat. They only go at scheduled times, and this can mess up your well thought out day!

What if you're not a beach person, not interested in the beach, live in Florida and see beautiful beaches all the time, and want to see "something else".. anything else.. what else is there to see/do in St. Maarten? I'm not trying to hi-jack this thread, but I've been looking and so far haven't seen a lot.

What if you're not a beach person, not interested in the beach, live in Florida and see beautiful beaches all the time, and want to see "something else".. anything else.. what else is there to see/do in St. Maarten? I'm not trying to hi-jack this thread, but I've been looking and so far haven't seen a lot.

Shop, people watch, eat and meet the locals. Maybe take a tour of the land and learn a little about the culture and history. Everything you described above is pretty much relevant to all of the Caribbean. Why take a Caribbean cruise then?

Archived