Noise in the Aqua Class cabins on the Summit

philatiger

Hi everyone, we just booked our first cruise on Celebrity. We love the aft cabins (1138) but now I am a little concerned about the possible noise level from the Sunset bar. Can anyone who has been in one of these cabins provide some insight about the noise at night? Thanks for any advice.

There is always a possiblity of noise, smoke and etc. It depends on the weather, and passengers.

If the weather is nice and you want to sit on your balcony there probably will be some noise depending on the group that frequents that bar for that cruise. All it takes is that one "life of the party" person with the piercing voice and laugh that feels that the captain needs to hear them having a good time.

We were in 1131 on Summit to Bermuda. The noise levels varied and you are very much dependent on the guests on board. There was a rather noisy group of smokers on board and when they were in the bar, there was a lot of sound travel particularly the more they drank. One lady was particularly loud (always when I had just fallen asleep) . At other times it was very quiet.

Also it depended on the wind direction whether smoke filtered up or not, three days it was very obvious others not

You have to give lots of credit to Celebrity. They have found a way to take lots of cabins in less then ideal locations (many Aqua Class cabins) and sell them at higher prices then better located cabins. Pretty slick.

Hank

You have to give lots of credit to Celebrity. They have found a way to take lots of cabins in less then ideal locations (many Aqua Class cabins) and sell them at higher prices then better located cabins. Pretty slick.

Hank

I understand that to be true for the cabins on Deck 9, but is it also the case for the ones on Deck 11? I thought those were considered to be great cabins. If not, it would be good to know why.

I understand that to be true for the cabins on Deck 9, but is it also the case for the ones on Deck 11? I thought those were considered to be great cabins. If not, it would be good to know why.

Agree! There are some AQ cabins that have decent locations. I should add that we book AQ (have done it for 3 cruises) primarily because of Blu. We think that all the other amenities in AQ have very little value. If booking for cabin location we would quickly opt for a normal balcony cabin.

Hank

On the M class ships the real only reason for AQ is Blu. The Persian Gardens is a joke, more of a dungeon. The balcony furniture doesn't include a foot stool, the showers with the glass doors leak like a sieve, and the other perks really don't add up to much no matter what class ship you are on.

Wasn't impressed with the new cabins on deck 11. Unless you get a aft cabin there is no overhang for any protection and it gets so windy when sailing that it is not comfortable. If it rains forget it. Those cabins also have limited inside access. The plus is if you have the bev package there is a set of stairs that goes directly to the Sunset Bar.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We were in 1141 on sister Infinity in March and we had absolutely no noise issues. We all know that the passenger complement varies from cruise to cruise so noise free guarantees are nonexistent.

Smoking is confined to the mostly open air port side and since 1138 is on the starboard side you should not have much of an issue. On our ship the non smoking area was almost twice the space. It went from the starboard rail to the far end of the bar with no smoking under the canvas area at all. I don't know if it is still the same way on the Summit. It certainly was on our last Summit cruise a couple of years ago - before the redo but after the smoking restrictions.

We were in 1138 on Summit in March. The noise from below was not an issue if your balcony door was closed. It was quite nice listening to the music from the Sunset Bar, however, if you wanted to. Smoke, however, was an issue a couple of times. This seemed to be dependent on the humidity and wind direction. And the smoke was mostly from cigars. Those shouldn't be allowed on any ship, however they are sold right inside the bar area and many people sat there and smoked them.

Would I book that cabin again? If I were going AQ on Summit, I probably would because of Blu, not because of the cabin location. We walk up and down the steps all the time, and these cabins are far from everything but the Sunset bar and Oceanview cafe. The cabin is new and clean and nice, and we had great service.

We had 1135 on the Summit. I discuss this in my review, but basically, at night with the door open or on the balcony there was music from the Sunset Bar, but rather enjoyed it. A private show for just us two on our balcony if you will.. Once we closed the door, it wasn't an issue. Most often, we went to bed after the music finished, and there was only light background noise from the people talking, and only if the door was open and the wind was blowing from the stern.

Smoking issues are so cruies dependant, what I experienced may be so different from yours that I shouldn't really comment on it to a great extent. For us, no issues.

If it helps, I would go back in a second in that room or more likely in one of the center aft rooms.

We were in 1140 and we loved the cabin, no noise and no smoke issues

The balcony was wonderful. We went in May 2013

Hi everyone, we just booked our first cruise on Celebrity. We love the aft cabins (1138) but now I am a little concerned about the possible noise level from the Sunset bar. Can anyone who has been in one of these cabins provide some insight about the noise at night? Thanks for any advice.

Archived